Flop of the Season

Who has been the biggest flop this season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a bit embarrassing
View attachment 1315660
I actually think it highlights the gulf in class between the EPL and Serie A. Players like Smalling, Ashley Young, Abraham, Cuadrado, and plenty others are thriving there after struggling in England. Lukaku and Ronaldo were scoring for laughs but are bwing challenged back in the big league.

I actually think it highlights the gulf in class between the EPL and Serie A. Players like Smalling, Ashley Young, Abraham, Cuadrado, and plenty others are thriving there after struggling in England. Lukaku and Ronaldo were scoring for laughs but are bwing challenged back in the big league.
Edin Dzeko at 55 is still banging them in.

That was kind of my point, we could have just kept Tammy, saved £100m and got the same output.

Interesting that Vlahovic only has one more open play goal than the Crabster this season too.

People were hyping up Uniteds defence in the preseason too though, maybe we all need to settle a bit haha.
I agree with that about uniteds defense.

But come on the hype Lukaku got before he started playing coming off the season he had with Inter most tried to make out like he was a changed player. In reality, the Serie A pace and style were best suited for him which is why he was so successful at Inter. Now he is about the same player at Chelsea that he was at united.

I agree with that about uniteds defense.

But come on the hype Lukaku got before he started playing coming off the season he had with Inter most tried to make out like he was a changed player. In reality, the Serie A pace and style were best suited for him which is why he was so successful at Inter. Now he is about the same player at Chelsea that he was at united.
I think Contes style suited him more than anything in Serie A though I do agree it is an easier league for strikers too(look at Tammy), but we are trying to play him in a possession based game style and he fits like a square peg in a round hole. I'm not ready to give up just yet though as Tuchel is a WC manager and he could polish this turd(or at least roll it in glitter).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not even that great of a defender and yes offers absolutely nothing going forward and with the way modern football is, he's useless to big clubs.
Nah he's definitely a really good defender. I think as he's tried to go more and more forward he has got beat more and more. Defensively sound though especially compared to the rest of his teammates.

Nah he's definitely a really good defender. I think as he's tried to go more and more forward he has got beat more and more. Defensively sound though especially compared to the rest of his teammates.
He's not a bad defender no but his type of defending is better suited for clubs who sit in and defend. He'd be great at a club like Burnley. Not so great for a club like Manchester United. He's way above his station.

He's not a bad defender no but his type of defending is better suited for clubs who sit in and defend. He'd be great at a club like Burnley. Not so great for a club like Manchester United. He's way above his station.
That's because he doesnt go forward, nothing to do with his defending ability. Otherwise TAA wouldn't get a game at Liverpool given his defensive liabilities.

It's not a myth. All the pundits know it, even the Liverpool ones. Liverpool fans are the blindest around
It's definitely a myth. He can be caught out of position because he plays so high but that's system based, not his abilities. One on one defending, he's totally fine.

I dont worry too much if a tricky winger has him one on one. It's not often he gets skinned. He's quick and strong and defends pretty well.

People just hold onto the things they first learn about a player and never change their opinion, like you for example on this issue. Everyone remembers TAA as an inexperienced teenager playing against vastly experienced grown men and that's just how things stayed.

But fast forward 5 years from an 18 year old to a 23 year old and 204 appearances for Liverpool and he's a much, much better footballer all around and a better defender.

But everybody just sticks to the myth that he's a liability and he cant defend. I've seen countless times teams figure him to be a weak link and attack down the right only to never find any joy.

Is he the best defender in world football? No.

Is he a liability? Lol... no.

He's actually a pretty good defender, and overall the worlds best RB.

Back