Position 2022 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

FL_8T13VEAMSkXE

Macrae, Steele, Miller, Oliver, Neale basically the 5 Uber locks I’m going with pending a crisis. No chance I’m taking a gut feel on a lower priced guy breaking out, I’ve been burnt too many times. Also trying to mitigate the risk of owning two mid premo’s from the same team with Covid so think this is easily the best starting balanced lineup. My only MP’s will come from the forward line this year due to the DPP that will happen and Milera down back.
These teams with Neale at M5 are intimidating. He’s my M4 currently.

Having the 4 top premo mids (Macrae, Steele, Touk, Oliver) with a guy in Neale who is normally there at M5 is just a massive power move.

Between those 5 you'll get at least 600 points a week and all are captain options.

I spent all last year without Steele, Touk or Oliver and every week I watched them go massive and score 20-30 more than my mid premos. I just could never get them in my team. So this year I am starting all 4 of them and Neale to completely prevent that from happening again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I'm not intimidated by a team running a donut every second week at D6. Come SC finals, I'm gambling they'll be a premo behind the more balanced starting teams with better cash gen.

Sure about that? I'm not taking the risk on Rowell at M5 who's in every second cookie cutter team and my F1 is cheaper than a 550k Dunkley who always gets injured, and I'll wait for Danger/RoMo/Fyfe to get FWD status before I make upgrades down there. Who says I'm fielding a donut at D6?

Sure about that? I'm not taking the risk on Rowell at M5 who's in every second cookie cutter team and my F1 is cheaper than a 550k Dunkley who always gets injured, and I'll wait for Danger/RoMo/Fyfe to get FWD status before I make upgrades down there. Who says I'm fielding a donut at D6?

No I'm not sure. But putting such a huge investment into the starting midfield obviously means compromises somewhere else. Last year the starting rookie options in defence were dire. If that's repeated this year then every chance teams running 4 rookies in defense or 3 and a couple of speculative mid price or break out picks (Harmes, Clark from last year etc), will be up against it.

Also worth noting that it's looking like there will be a lot of potential cash generation in midfield and it can be very dangerous missing the boat on a must have rookie that makes 300+k when most of your competitors have him.

Also what happens if Dunkley starts the season like he did last year?

Risk works both ways. Sure Rowell and Dunks are risky picks - but it's risky not to pick them too!

Anyone starting trac?
bloke has figured the game out
He is durable as hell. Basically a walking 110+ for 22 games
Averaged 121 after his bye
Averaged 138 in the finals

Does he avoid the tag? Or do teams start going after him this year? I reckon they’ll go after Clarry who doesn’t like attention even though he’s a beast. De boer loves him and O’Connor did well too

With the amount of high end rookies it looks like well need to start I’m thinking it’s an area I can save 70k from doing Oliver to trac and not lose out too much?

Yes over the course of the year Clarry will probably average more but trac still hasn’t hit his ceiling imo and could average 120+. Only thing that affects his top end scoring is that he spends a lot of time forward like Bont where they lose those 5-10 points average to Macrae and Oliver who spend all their time on ball. Discuss away

No I'm not sure. But putting such a huge investment into the starting midfield obviously means compromises somewhere else. Last year the starting rookie options in defence were dire. If that's repeated this year then every chance teams running 4 rookies in defense or 3 and a couple of speculative mid price or break out picks (Harmes, Clark from last year etc), will be up against it.

Also worth noting that it's looking like there will be a lot of potential cash generation in midfield and it can be very dangerous missing the boat on a must have rookie that makes 300+k when most of your competitors have him.

Also what happens if Dunkley starts the season like he did last year?

Risk works both ways. Sure Rowell and Dunks are risky picks - but it's risky not to pick them too!

Ehh I’m always on the side of pessimism when it comes to starting rookies in positions but I always learn that they pop up. Taking a different approach this year because after 5 top 600 finishes a few years ago, the last 3 years I’ve tanked hard so need to change things up.

The other flip side of the coin is that you’ll be missing out on 5 guaranteed 120 scores each week which is 600+ or more. Lots of these so called mid rooks are fwd eligible or will be DPP after 6 weeks so in that sense it’s good as well. All of Macrae Oliver Steele Neale and Miller probably have a fluctuation towards 600k ~ and then won’t dip much making it tough to bring into your side as well. Need a lot of luck with MP’s like Rowell who ideally you want a 105 average from to say he’s worth it. Realistically he goes 90 and is a waste of a M8 who you don’t get a chance to dip on at any stage during the year (look at Taranto)

Dunks is a gun and I think I’ll find a way to start him but he’s not as much of a lock as some people say he is imo, his role is forever changing

Also I’m not sure I’d be missing out on any potential mid rookies? Most teams have 4 SP’s plus Rowell then rookies, I have the extra SP over Rowell and same said amount of rookies so it’s basically all relative.

Anyone starting trac?
bloke has figured the game out
He is durable as hell. Basically a walking 110+ for 22 games
Averaged 121 after his bye
Averaged 138 in the finals

Does he avoid the tag? Or do teams start going after him this year? I reckon they’ll go after Clarry who doesn’t like attention even though he’s a beast. De boer loves him and O’Connor did well too

With the amount of high end rookies it looks like well need to start I’m thinking it’s an area I can save 70k from doing Oliver to trac and not lose out too much?

Yes over the course of the year Clarry will probably average more but trac still hasn’t hit his ceiling imo and could average 120+. Only thing that affects his top end scoring is that he spends a lot of time forward like Bont where they lose those 5-10 points average to Macrae and Oliver who spend all their time on ball. Discuss away

I love Trac, was all over him like a rash last year but never found a way to get him or Clarry in my side, hence why I was s**t lmao

I haven’t even looked at the draw but it seems early days Trac was a heavy butcher with lower CP’s than expected and then post bye he simply went nuts and his CP’s went through the roof and the turnovers seemed to drop as he got more comfortable. Also have to remember it was his first PS training as a pure mid and after a year I think their whole team has gelled incredibly well and obviously is the reason they won the flag but I think he knows his own game better than anyone and he still has another gear to go.

I think he’s 115+ minimum, but could go 125 if he puts it together for a year easy.

In terms of the tag I think going after Trac is a lost cause, he’ll just take you forward and kick snags on you. Thing about him is that he’s always in the game now, something he lacked in his early years. Consistency is there, durability is there, in a good team that wins lots and has Gawn feeding him. Nearly a no brainer

I love Trac, was all over him like a rash last year but never found a way to get him or Clarry in my side, hence why I was sh*t lmao

I haven’t even looked at the draw but it seems early days Trac was a heavy butcher with lower CP’s than expected and then post bye he simply went nuts and his CP’s went through the roof and the turnovers seemed to drop as he got more comfortable. Also have to remember it was his first PS training as a pure mid and after a year I think their whole team has gelled incredibly well and obviously is the reason they won the flag but I think he knows his own game better than anyone and he still has another gear to go.

I think he’s 115+ minimum, but could go 125 if he puts it together for a year easy.

In terms of the tag I think going after Trac is a lost cause, he’ll just take you forward and kick snags on you. Thing about him is that he’s always in the game now, something he lacked in his early years. Consistency is there, durability is there, in a good team that wins lots and has Gawn feeding him. Nearly a no brainer
My thinking to
Just need a tag or two from Oliver and he’ll be near or under 600k as the first upgrade target
It’s types like he and Bont who can be tagged that I’m using as upgrade targets in the mids
Guys who are like Steele and Macrae and I think Touk will stay above 600+ all year as the tags don’t affect them as badly imo

Walsh another who is a good upgrade target as he has shown he can dip the odd bad score.

Have had Clarry all pre season so far but trac is someone I want to own in 2022
Will aim to have both but not sure I want to start both if that makes sense
Yeah I'm the same. I had Tracc all last year but not Oliver. I'm just leaning towards Clarry atm because I think Tracc will be easier to trade in

Yeah I'm the same. I had Tracc all last year but not Oliver. I'm just leaning towards Clarry atm because I think Tracc will be easier to trade in
Yeah that’s the thing with guys in that 500-600k range if they start hot in the mids they’re easier to get in then the guys 650+ Who start the same. If Macrae goes Buck wild along with Steele the first month they’ll be 700+ and in need of 3 trades to get in.
If Neale goes nuts 2020 style he’ll still be around 600k early as an upgrade target for round 6ish
Lots of great picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back