• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Geech, how good is Barty atm. Finished her match quicker than I can run 3K. Nadal took a bit longer but he is not important for another couple of days. The girls back up on Day 11. And the special K's changed tennis forever, according to some commentators..... i would call it a Davis Cup like atmosphere but well...that wouldn't be true nowadays. Day 10 is the last day of day singles matches as prime time tennis takes over from here. It is Also Australia Day

Weather: 35C Getting really hot and humid. As Barty said, this is not Melbourne weather, it is Brisbane. winds 15-25K. Small chance of a shower

Rod Laver Arena (H2H)
11AM
[27] Collins vs. Cornet (Never Played)
[7] Swiatek vs Kanepi (Never Played)
[11] Sinner vs. [4] Tsitsipas (2-1 Tsitsipas)
7PM
[9] Auger-Aliassime vs.[2] Medvedev (3-0 Medvedev)

Both of these girls must be nearly on their last legs. Both have had super long matches in the heat of the day and neither girl has had easy runs. Cornet has beaten 3 seeds to reach her first quarter-final at the age of 32 and will be the crowd favourite after her lovely interview after defeating Halep last round. Collins is feisty and is Parkers favourite player. Heart says Cornet, head says Collins. Last one standing wins. Collins in 2

This is Kaia Kanepi's 7th quarter-final, her first one was in 2008 and her last was in 2017. It is her first at the Aussie Open which completes the grand slam of quarters finals. She has had to work harder to get to this stage, with her last 2 matches going the distance. She also had to beat Kerber in the first round. Swiatek come back from one set down for the first time in a non clay grand slam match and she is bidding to make her first semi final since her win at the French Open 2020. She had a wonderful start to the year with a deep run in Adelaide and I expect her to continue that form. This match could swing very quickly if Kaia finds the range. Swiatek in 2

Tsitsipas has won every quarter-final he has ever been in. At this stage last year, he came back from 2 sets to love down to beat Nadal in a classic. Yet I tipping the young Italian. The guy is on a 10 match winning run starting from the Davis Cup last year. He also doesn't have any fitness doubts or the wear in his legs this tournament. The head to head is all clay matches btw. Sinner in 4

Medvedev is going to be a very happy person to be playing at night(hates heat) and on RLA. He has been very grumpy this summer, but that is just Medvedev. The head to head for FAA in this matchup is just bad. They played a couple of weeks ago at the ATP Cup and Felix got bagelled in a straight-set win. Indeed, FAA records in big matches are worrying. He has made a final 8 times and not won a set in any of them and has a 7-20 record against top 10 players. I am not convinced that he is ready to actually win a quarter final. Medvedev in 3.

Mens Draw
[11] Sinner vs. [4] Tsitsipas
[9] Auger-Aliassime vs.[2] Medvedev
--------------------------------
[17] Monfils vs [7] Berrettini vs [6] Nadal

Womens Draw
[27] Collins vs. Cornet
[7] Swiatek vs Kanepi
-----------------------------------
[1] Barty vs. Keys.

He wanted those 2 4 setters.. he got em.. he wanted that classic 5 setter.. he got it.. he is mint for this one now mate.. he is mint for this one now mate.. Tsitsipas in a 3 setter mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.

Mbravo re palikari.. mbravo re palikari.

Sinner in 4
Medvedev in 3
Collins in 2
Swiatek in 2

Collins will win her way through to the final to play Ash. I can already see the headline now:
"Party in Australia as Barty slays four Americans to claim maiden Australian Open"

Collins is the only remaining player who could cause problems for Ash.

Go Alize! There is something totally unlikeable about Collins, and Alize has been so great throughout the tournament (and having met her I can attest to the fact that she is like that in real life).

Go Alize! There is something totally unlikeable about Collins, and Alize has been so great throughout the tournament (and having met her I can attest to the fact that she is like that in real life).
She was super impressive against Halep.

I we are ."Dylan Harlcott..…shush dude. you butter than winding l
noxiouos ….weed
there is someone there
magic as scientissimo.."applaud your selves…;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinner in 4
Medvedev in 3
Collins in 2
Swiatek in 2

Collins will win her way through to the final to play Ash. I can already see the headline now:
"Party in Australia as Barty slays four Americans to claim maiden Australian Open"

Collins is the only remaining player who could cause problems for Ash.
I would prefer to verse Collins to Keys or Swiatek if I were Ash.

You know I haven't really noticed much in the way of post point or in point screaming from Collins

You missed her last few rounds. She wasn’t as putrid today thankfully

Go Iga and please smack Collins

Back