Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If our club Docs were worth their salt they would have identified Naughton's debilitating scoliosis before we wasted our draft pick on him.

Imagine how good he could've been had he reached his true height of 200+cm.

Oh, well...I guess we'll just have to put up with what we've got.

Bloody hell can’t see us losing a game after reading that - great stuff.

Naughty doing repetitive goal kicking is all I needed to read tbh

Our percentage would have & should have been higher, therefore top 4, had Naughton kicked just a few of his very gettable misses throughout the season.

Even a modest improvement this year would be huge, too many times we’ve seen him miss shots that he shouldn’t. Usually at times it would swing momentum or possibly maintain or extend our control, a couple even led to a goal the other way from the kick in which sapped our confidence.

He looks physically in very good nick and looks bigger, so hopefully he comes out firing. Other forwards can get off the leash a bit if he takes at least two, I also hope we see a little less of him giving frees away for wrestling or a little more of him getting frees when he’s blatantly held (which is usually what happened before the reaction gets penalised).

Against Richmond at the G last year I nearly called the sex offender hotline, he was getting that molested by Astbury, Grimes & Balta.

Our percentage would have & should have been higher, therefore top 4, had Naughton kicked just a few of his very gettable misses throughout the season.

Even a modest improvement this year would be huge, too many times we’ve seen him miss shots that he shouldn’t. Usually at times it would swing momentum or possibly maintain or extend our control, a couple even led to a goal the other way from the kick in which sapped our confidence.

He looks physically in very good nick and looks bigger, so hopefully he comes out firing. Other forwards can get off the leash a bit if he takes at least two, I also hope we see a little less of him giving frees away for wrestling or a little more of him getting frees when he’s blatantly held (which is usually what happened before the reaction gets penalised).

Against Richmond at the G last year I nearly called the sex offender hotline, he was getting that molested by Astbury, Grimes & Balta.

I was super impressed by Schache's job on Aliir during the prelim. Not against Schache or English trying to keep a key defender occupied.

Yeah it’s tough with Naughty, he’s obviously never gonna be a dead eye with his strange technique which is quite sceptical to a shank, even the ones he hits beautifully come off the side of the boot 😂 but he has such a natural left hook on his kicks I reckon about 15 of his behinds this year we’re struck pretty nicely but just breezed through past the left goal post.

I’m not saying it’s as simple as “aim right” but I think him learning his natural kick, and recognising it, is honestly gonna be good for 10+ goals that he was missing last year. His set shots started off okay, hit a real bad patch but he actually finished the year pretty strong I think. It’s not as bad as it gets made out to be, and he’s actually pretty reliable in the big moments.

What I can’t handle though is him not improving his snaps and bananas inside 20m. These should be absolute gimmes from this range, legit there should be no afl player that doesn’t go at 75-80% from under 20m on an angle, it’s the easiest kick in the game and he’d be lucky to hit 30% of his attempts. It’s really bad.

With his unmatched contested marking he’s gonna routinely get these opportunities in the pocket close to goal and no s**t if he was even semi competent at them last year he kicks 65+ the year he missed that many 😂 so long as he gets that right I can handle his relatively average set shot % from everywhere else

Can you please get on FB and tell that poster to get on Bigfooty and share that stuff here - fantastic report!
Cannot support this suggestion enough. We need to find out who this guy is and get him on here. I’d try but I have something on at the moment. All I do know is he is not my (temporarily) ex- girlfriends “ special friend “. He’s a Carlton supporter judging by the sticker on his current model Arctic White Mazda CX-3 Neo. He also must live a bit out of Melbourne or works late given over the last month he always arrives between 7.10 and 7.28 pm and leaves between 6.15 to 6.20 am. He also has a good credit rating and has committed no traffic offences in the last 3 years.

Cannot support this suggestion enough. We need to find out who this guy is and get him on here. I’d try but I have something on at the moment. All I do know is he is not my (temporarily) ex- girlfriends “ special friend “. He’s a Carlton supporter judging by the sticker on his current model Arctic White Mazda CX-3 Neo. He also must live a bit out of Melbourne or works late given over the last month he always arrives between 7.10 and 7.28 pm and leaves between 6.15 to 6.20 am. He also has a good credit rating and has committed no traffic offences in the last 3 years.
He sounds like a bloody prick

So hypothetically - vaccine mandates get lifted pre Midseason draft - you taking L-Jizz

We already got rid of him once because he was useless, why would we want him back. Yes he played some good games but they were with Carlton, its like picking someone up because they played a good couple of games with the West Horsham Thirds.

We already got rid of him once because he was useless, why would we want him back. Yes he played some good games but they were with Carlton, its like picking someone up because they played a good couple of games with the West Horsham Thirds.
Would be our 2nd best defender by an absolute mile, I guess you wouldn’t take Walsh or Mckay either? s**t teams have good players too…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be our 2nd best defender by an absolute mile, I guess you wouldn’t take Walsh or Mckay either? sh*t teams have good players too…
Good player but does not have the smarts. Not only has his anti vaxxer stance showed this, but also last years game vs us where he would wander off with the pixies and be 30 metres from his direct opponent Bruce, who kicked 5.

Good player but does not have the smarts. Not only has his anti vaxxer stance showed this, but also last years game vs us where he would wander off with the pixies and be 30 metres from his direct opponent Bruce, who kicked 5.

So is that a coaching thing, a structural thing or just a Jones thing ???

I'd certainly take a look at it as a backup... Not saying I'd do it right now....

Has a reputation among Carlton fans for giving up dumb free kicks and uncontested marks inside 50 thanks to poor decision making

Yeah - I was at the Dogs v Carlton game earlier in the year - and saw a few myself.

But he's not a bad KPD - certainly a potential break glass in case of emergency type in my view. And I wonder if the errors are because he's trying to do too much, the systems at the Blues are breaking down etc.

Or if it's just him ??

I'm certainly not placed to do the analysis and see if he would improve in our systems or if he'd just get lost. I really don't know.

Interesting that "Adz" and "Dunks" were too sick to train but were at the tennis match last night until well after midnight...
Dunks did an interview on SEN a few days ago whilst having Covid and was expecting to be out of isolation just in time to go to the tennis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back