Position 2022 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durability is probably more important in your ruck line than anywhere else. Automatic exclusion for the Darcy. I think Gawndy has missed about 3 games combined in the last 48 years.
Fair point but 5 extra trades makes it easier to pick more speculative guys imo. Fwiw my team hasn’t changed at all with the new rules announced yesterday. So regardless I think Darcy showed in the second half of the season last year that he’s the next number 1 ruck.

Grundy is now 28 in April so coming to the back end which I found astonishing. When we talk about him looking banged up, 10 years of rucking will do that to you and it makes a lot of sense. Gawn didn’t establish himself until 2016 at 25 years of age, where as Grundy has done it essentially since the age of 20.

That might make Gawn a better pick then Grundy looking at those stats, the wear and tare isn’t as bad on his body. Oh well it’s two of those 3 for me. Don’t think anyone else gets close except maybe nicnat as a safe 105-115 guy
Marshall will get there eventually when Ryder retires and I’m not won over on Big O yet.

Am I the only kent with Marshall R2?
Sacha Baron Cohen Reaction GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Am I the only kent with Marshall R2?
Surely it's only a matter of time before Ryder is injured. I'm toying with the idea for sure. Even Marshall himself had an injury interrupted year so surely there's still growth with him playing forward while Ryder kicks off the season. Plus Saints fixtures to start are bonkers

Surely it's only a matter of time before Ryder is injured. I'm toying with the idea for sure. Even Marshall himself had an injury interrupted year so surely there's still growth with him playing forward while Ryder kicks off the season. Plus Saints fixtures to start are bonkers
Good chance he picks up forward eligibility later on in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Marshall as a pick. A slight risk he doesn't become forward eligible, but if he doesn't it's probably because Ryder has gone down and Marshall is rucking solo. Win either way.
I can see Roma going 105-110

Yep and I don't think its enough.
When you factor in Captain points for Gawn, Darcy and Grundy. Nic Nat also probably.
Exactly my thinking. Big O going 115 would it be enough for R2? His price is very enticing but not really a captain option is he..

Exactly my thinking. Big O going 115 would it be enough for R2? His price is very enticing but not really a captain option is he..
Big O will probably improve his average, but not enough for me to not select one of the big 3.

As you say he's not a captain option really either.

I'm finding the rucks very interesting this year. Quite a few things to consider, especially now with the potential for additional positions to be added during the year.

I'm finding the rucks very interesting this year. Quite a few things to consider, especially now with the potential for additional positions to be added during the year.
I think it makes taking a R/F in you starting side less important. I was giving English consideration but will risk it without for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back