Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing a lot of people load up their backlines and neglect their forward line structure.

I'd have thought the opposite is the way to go. Feels like there's been a considerably greater amount of defensive premos over the past few years, and hence a better chance of picking one up on the cheap. I know after the past few years I'd have more confidence filling out my backline than my forwardline. I know there's a lot of midpriced options, but people are putting a lot of faith in players with injury problems churning out decent scores consistently.

Curious to hear some counter-arguments on that front though.
Forward line is the lowest scoring line by a fair margin.
If a midpricer averages 75 in the forward line they are 10 points from keeper territory. 85avg
If a midpricer averages 75 in defence they are 20 points from 95 avg.
If a midpricer averages 75 in midfield they are 30 points from 105 avg.
I think most people are hoping we have players added to the forward line who outperform who is available currently.
(back of the napkin math)

Forward line is the lowest scoring line by a fair margin.
If a midpricer averages 75 in the forward line they are 10 points from keeper territory. 85avg
If a midpricer averages 75 in defence they are 20 points from 95 avg.
If a midpricer averages 75 in midfield they are 30 points from 105 avg.
I think most people are hoping we have players added to the forward line who outperform who is available currently.
(back of the napkin math)
Fair *s, but wouldn't the obvious flaw in that be that a forward midpricer could reasonably be expected to score lower than midpricers on other lines?

Although, I suppose it depends where they play. Rayner and Coleman could feasibly go 75+, but they'll ideally spend more time in the midfield and forward line respectively. Curnow, Gresham, and Cogs can probably hit that too, but there's huge questions marks surrounding their ability to stay fit (granted, I still have the latter of those 2 but tempted to switch one for Rayner).

Fair fu**s, but wouldn't the obvious flaw in that be that a forward midpricer could reasonably be expected to score lower than midpricers on other lines?

Although, I suppose it depends where they play. Rayner and Coleman could feasibly go 75+, but they'll ideally spend more time in the midfield and forward line respectively. Curnow, Gresham, and Cogs can probably hit that too, but there's huge questions marks surrounding their ability to stay fit (granted, I still have the latter of those 2 but tempted to switch one for Rayner).
Easier to start defenders with scoring history behind them. Whitfield Lloyd are easy choices
Hall seemingly along with Ridley crisp Dawson short Daniel and even a discount Sicily seem safer 95+ picks then the forwardline who atm are a raffle. There’s no obvious standouts up forward so picking mid pricers to get to those premos who may end up being Fyfe/trac/danger/Marshall over the types on offer now is worth it imo

Fair fu**s, but wouldn't the obvious flaw in that be that a forward midpricer could reasonably be expected to score lower than midpricers on other lines?

Although, I suppose it depends where they play. Rayner and Coleman could feasibly go 75+, but they'll ideally spend more time in the midfield and forward line respectively. Curnow, Gresham, and Cogs can probably hit that too, but there's huge questions marks surrounding theur ability to stay fit (granted, I still have the latter of those 2 but tempted to switch one for Rayner).
Yep,
I try to go of previous years scoring, positional changes and sometimes moving clubs improves players also.
Daniher, Ziegull and Impey are great examples of ignoring injury history and it paying off.
Most players in the budget midpricer price ranges have had injuries the previous year or two.
And when a 250k player does get an injury you have so many more options to swap them too.
This year i like
Rioli - Moving to defence
Rayner - Moving to the mids
Gresham - Moving to the mids
Cogs - Back in the mids (hopefully)
Berry - Back in the mids
Curnow - KPF so the least likely I will take him.
Coleman - moving to defence.
Avoid the forward line wherever possible is my thoughts on the matter.

Love Witts as a 2nd ruck choice, but I'm not so sure he'll be fit in time for round one. Chol might be a reasonable alternative for those that have the balls.

Any news on Jitts' fitness that you're aware of Maybe Tomorrow?

Love Witts as a 2nd ruck choice, but I'm not so sure he'll be fit in time for round one. Chol might be a reasonable alternative for those that have the balls.

Any news on Jitts' fitness that you're aware of Maybe Tomorrow?
Not much to report from the wasteland that is the Suns board, but from the little I've seen he's training normally and expected to play round 1.

Reckon he's a terrible pick though, mid-priced rucks are a waste of time. Can't see him doing better than 90 odd so he's not really a stepping stone to a SP and you're down 30-40 points a week (and a captain option) to my team with Darcy and Grundy smashing out the big scores week after week :moustache:

Seeing a lot of people load up their backlines and neglect their forward line structure.

I'd have thought the opposite is the way to go. Feels like there's been a considerably greater amount of defensive premos over the past few years, and hence a better chance of picking one up on the cheap. I know after the past few years I'd have more confidence filling out my backline than my forwardline. I know there's a lot of midpriced options, but people are putting a lot of faith in players with injury problems churning out decent scores consistently.

Curious to hear some counter-arguments on that front though.

D6 is Crisp at 104.9.
F6 is Dusty at 92.5.

By last years standards, anyone that get defence added would need to average 105+, while a forward just 92.5 to be top 6.

With DPP's being added, there is a belief that there will likely be better forwards after round 6, while unlikely to be many if any better defenders.

Sean Darcy, Josh Kelly & Nat Fyfe all would have gotten forward dpp last year like they did in fantasy with the new rule by round 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like this setup .....love Day / Jiath on the Wings too :whitecheck:

Jury is out on how that would affect Days SC scoring ability.

As a Hawthorn supporter, that wing set up with Bramble in the rotation and Downie in reserve is almost enough to post the infamous Randy Marsh meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back