Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seedsman, Smith and Dawson are midfielders. Wingers are mids FYI and Dawson probably spends some time inside.

LOL it's not in my favour it's just the fact THEY ARE MIDFIELDERS.

You name Jones but he's not even a mid anymore, he's a defender.

You name those players but Schoenberg is about the only player there who has proved themselves, like Worpel. Berry showed a little bit but i'd prefer Newcombe, Cook, Pedlar barely played but are talented. Can say the same about a few of our players (yet to play or barely played but are talented).

Rachele/Taylor, just drafted, like a few of ours.

Hately has had bulk time and has still failed to really do anything.

Sholl aswell been pretty good on a wing barring the late form slump.

But you say these names like Hawthorn don't have talent. LOL

Hahahaha wingers are midfielders now are they? Haha seriously that is mind boggling. They’re on a wing mate, it’s on the side of the field. Did you miss under 10’s when they taught everyone where to stand on the field?

Jones still has the potential to be a midfielder. It’s a bit like when Hawthorn supporters put flankers as potential midfielders, even though they aren’t midfielders and have proven nothing as a midfielder…. Ring a bell??

The group of young mids I put up from Adelaide have had more output and are more talented than what Hawthorn have done to date. You have Worpel, that is it and he is a limited footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Hahahaha wingers are midfielders now are they? Haha seriously that is mind boggling. They’re on a wing mate, it’s on the side of the field. Did you miss under 10’s when they taught everyone where to stand on the field?

Jones still has the potential to be a midfielder. It’s a bit like when Hawthorn supporters put flankers as potential midfielders, even though they aren’t midfielders and have proven nothing as a midfielder…. Ring a bell??

The group of young mids I put up from Adelaide have had more output and are more talented than what Hawthorn have done to date. You have Worpel, that is it and he is a limited footballer.

Buddy, midfield is what i says, it's the middle of the ground, the middle of the ground is the two wings and centre square.

The forward 50 and defensive 50 are the back and forward end of the ground.

Jones won't be a mid. He failed there and was moved back, not even close to our thinking that Day may one day be able to play in the centre square.

No they haven't and maybe, maybe not, not in my opinion.

Worpel isn't a limited footballer.

Buddy, midfield is what i says, it's the middle of the ground, the middle of the ground is the two wings and centre square.

Jones won't be a mid. He failed there and was moved back, not even close to our thinking that Day may one day be able to play in the centre square.

Jones has been training with the mids this offseason. He failed as a mid when he was 20, and that was due to mismanagement on our part. Not saying that he will succeed, but I wouldn't write him off yet.

Jones has been training with the mids this offseason. He failed as a mid when he was 20, and that was due to mismanagement on our part. Not saying that he will succeed, but I wouldn't write him off yet.
Fair point, looked good as a defender last year, could take the game on had pretty good pace and so on. As much as i loved Cousins, Cousins is very similar to Jones except Jones is a better kick, Jones better suited to being a midfielder and if it works it works take 2.

Did you just include Rachele, Soligo and Taylor who’ve not even played a game…but then post “Hawthorn have Worpel and no one else” while disregarding any other Hawthorn listed players completely.

Why is it wrong to talk about Ward, MacDonald, Butler, Maginness, Nash and Newcombe, if you’re mentioning Crows players who were just drafted? Rhetorical question, don’t answer.

You’re desperation to talk Hawthorn down has now seen you cheerleading for Crows players that haven't done much at all, and the worst part is that even Crows posters agree that it’s their biggest area of concern.

Fair point, looked good as a defender last year, could take the game on had pretty good pace and so on. As much as i loved Cousins, Cousins is very similar to Jones except Jones is a better kick, Jones better suited to being a midfielder and if it works it works take 2.
For being such an infamous poster on these threads, all my interactions with you thus far you've seemed fairly reasonable if not a bit one-eyed. I stan the Dom.

For being such an infamous poster on these threads, all my interactions with you thus far you've seemed fairly reasonable if not a bit one-eyed. I stan the Dom.
Haha, i don't know what that is but i'll take it nonetheless.

Yeah, but Clarko.

I mean, he also gave Stratton and Puopolo continual games when they were pretty much cooked. That was his thing.

There were times last season where it looked as though a week or two rest for Liam Shiels was the best course of action and he didn't pull the trigger on that either. Pup largely played an outside role, but if he had been given a spell and played 16 games instead of 21, we could potentially have more exposed form on Maginness and Downie by now. The way Mitchell uses Shiels and McEvoy is one of the most intriguing parts of our list balance heading into 2022.

You haven't mentioned either McHenry or Berry, both of whom have mainly played as pressure half forwards, but have had limited exposure in the midfield.

Would expect both to have more midfield rotations this year as their bodies develop for the rigours of AFL.

I’m not going to bother reading your essay of bias nonsense Dom.

However, this midfield is the worst in the comp.

And North Melbourne has the worst young backline prospects in the competition. Two can play this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And North Melbourne has the worst young backline prospects in the competition. Two can play this game.
McKay looks good.

Who is the up & coming Hawks key defender?

Adelaide have Butts, who was rarely beaten last season.

Agreed - bar McKay who is a very promising prospect, our young defensive stocks are a massive priority over the next couple years.

Notice the lack of tantrum or trying to polish a turd in my response?

Sorry mate but wingers are definitely mids. If you think of mids in the orientation you're thinking of then full forward is a midfielder because they're in the narrow corridor that runs down the middle. The midfield is the space between the 50s and wingers are definitely a part of that.

Sorry mate but wingers are definitely mids. If you think of mids in the orientation you're thinking of then full forward is a midfielder because they're in the narrow corridor that runs down the middle. The midfield is the space between the 50s and wingers are definitely a part of that.
Wingers are mids except for in AA teams where wingers don't appear to exist

Key backs, probably.

Medium defenders, not so much.

Perez will be a player and we have the luxury of being able to develop Goater at half back

I think it's likely we will bring in some defenders at the trade table when we move up the ladder.

I’m not going to bother reading your essay of bias nonsense Dom.

However, this midfield is the worst in the comp.

Not wrong, but my god Day looks a special talent. He could be the one they build around. If he becomes a star, Newcombe, Worpel and Ward suddenly fit together a lot better.

There were times last season where it looked as though a week or two rest for Liam Shiels was the best course of action and he didn't pull the trigger on that either. Pup largely played an outside role, but if he had been given a spell and played 16 games instead of 21, we could potentially have more exposed form on Maginness and Downie by now. The way Mitchell uses Shiels and McEvoy is one of the most intriguing parts of our list balance heading into 2022.

I think all our older players will be interesting. How quickly poor performances sees them at Box Hill vs them being given more chances than the younger players.

Clarko certainly gave more chances.

Not wrong, but my god Day looks a special talent. He could be the one they build around. If he becomes a star, Newcombe, Worpel and Ward suddenly fit together a lot better.

For sure. Day had a very slight build and suffered 2 nasty leg injuries. Will be interesting to see his body shape and where he plays this year. But from what we saw his game sense was phenomenal for someone so young.

Like how they all become proficient at kicking with their other foot.

Players these days tend to enhance the skills they have. They rarely add new skills. Mostly its about getting fitter. Much fitter.
Goater is a fine kick and will improve with repetition and coaching in an AFL system. He doesn't need to kick with both feet. Becoming fitter also assists in kicking skills when fatigued.

Goater is a fine kick and will improve with repetition and coaching in an AFL system. He doesn't need to kick with both feet. Becoming fitter also assists in kicking skills when fatigued.

Goater is a poor kick? Another myth that will be dispelled pretty rapidly.

The lack of game time at u/18 level really has lent itself to some whopping myths in the last 2 drafts.

Will Phillips apparently couldn't kick either. :drunk: He may be the best kick over 40m at the club.

You haven't mentioned either McHenry or Berry, both of whom have mainly played as pressure half forwards, but have had limited exposure in the midfield.

Would expect both to have more midfield rotations this year as their bodies develop for the rigours of AFL.
Mentioned Berry. McHenry is a handy player aswell fun to watch his little fly annoy the opposition at all cost mantra.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back