The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So making a darker skinned person an NFT is a scummy thing?

Willian even retweeted it, surely it's up to him to be offended.

The tweet literally says, “The Premier League and Uefa are taking legal advice over John Terry’s NFT ape tweets.”.

Love NFT's. Made thousands off of other idiots on the NBA NFTs and plan to do the same with the UFC ones.

Yes it's a great money making scheme if you can sell for more than you bought to a bigger idiot, but you wouldn't want to be the one still dancing when the music stops and all the chairs are taken.

Chelsea aren't happy either, because he used the club badge on one. Maybe that's the real issue.

Yeah, that could be the case too. I was too harsh in my first post now reading your posts.

It’s easy to attack John Terry for other things but this seems not as offensive to Willian as I thought it might have been.

So it gets back to yesterday dilemma, black people can't be NFT?
Disregarding the NFT aspect, creating a black person into an ape is surely an issue here? Unless he's made white people ape's as well (which he may well have done)? Even if he has though, everyone knows the negative connotation that's associated with black people and ape's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disregarding the NFT aspect, creating a black person into an ape is surely an issue here? Unless he's made white people ape's as well (which he may well have done)? Even if he has though, everyone knows the negative connotation that's associated with black people and ape's.

He did, he did the same thing for Wilshere. It's a common NFT image of an ape so really don't get the outrage on this.

He did, he did the same thing for Wilshere. It's a common NFT image of an ape so really don't get the outrage on this.
Yep, granted.

The outrage would be because there's been generational racism that targeted black people and referred them to ape's. Even if it's meant innocently, I still think its a poor optic. There are people today that are still racially vilified using those insults.

I do understand it's inclusive to have him there, I just think it's potential for harm far outweighs any good it'll do.

Except it's not.

A ticket into a football match can be an NFT 🤪

So now a digital ticket to get into the football is a pyramid scheme.

Yeah you're all over this one.

Is that the sort of NFT being discussed here? Is John Terry promoting tickets to the next Chelsea game?

Give your head a shake.

it's an intellectual property issue. club logos and trophies have been used.

Glad someone actually read the article instead of drawing conclusions from the headline. Willian isn’t even mentioned in it.

Although it’s fair to say the guardian knew what they were doing with their wording of it.

Give yours one. You stated something that was wrong, so own it.

Considering we're talking about the trading and selling of NFTs for increasing amounts of money, not purchasing a ticket to a local gig, reckon you knew exactly what was being talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back