AFLW Opposition Observation

Remove this Banner Ad

She played well for Brisbane, like the Monahan of old - something went awry!!~!!!

Fair old slap given to us by Jess Wuetschner too.

"Just watched the game back, how good is phoebe monahan? How any team could let her go is beyond me"

Don't think it was the footy Jess!

Fair old slap given to us by Jess Wuetschner too.

"Just watched the game back, how good is phoebe monahan? How any team could let her go is beyond me"

Don't think it was the footy Jess!

Yep, Jess needs to watch back some Port Melbourne VFL of last season before she chucks that our there. Might just mention that to her when i see her next... ;)

Collingwood making our game against Freo look a little better. Pies down by 12 pts at 3qt, but got it forward once I think. Frederick - please stay in the side and play us - be great to have player free 90% of the time. Hope she has soap and a towel out there because being given a bath atm.

To be fair the Pies backline have been outstanding, and kept Freo down to a handful of behinds that qtr - 9 Freo scoring scoring shots to 2 for the pies. Freo should win easily, but Pies are close enough - interesting finish maybe

Does this make people feel better about our game against Fremantle last week? :)

You can never make a loss feel better than a loss! However, Collingwood are a good side and have been worn down like we did. Tackles extraordinary, so far 78 to 49.

Frederick - please stay in the side and play us - be great to have player free 90% of the time. Hope she has soap and a towel out there because being given a bath atm

Does this make people feel better about our game against Fremantle last week? :)
This got me to stop dragging my blanky in the dirt and get me sense of humour back a little.

Geez we wouldve given every team a shake if we had our full list available

I still haven't seen our game against them from last week but I can now after watching 3/4 of this game what we were up against. 13 scoring shots to 2 against a team favourite for the flag. Collingwood left licking their wounds. Freo are a machine!

This got me to stop dragging my blanky in the dirt and get me sense of humour back a little.

🤣
Wind back 2 seasons? - we have come along well really. It's is just the state of where we, Stk, GC and others are, building and getting better. Our best is competitive and if we were lucky to field that best fit team, we would give most games a shake now - but 2 years ago - our best could only ever stay in touch and not be a drubbing. Perspective is a wonderful tool - so is Harford by the way ;)

I still haven't seen our game against them from last week but I can now after watching 3/4 of this game what we were up against. 13 scoring shots to 2 against a team favourite for the flag. Collingwood left licking their wounds. Freo are a machine!
Freo should win the flag - them kicking goals will be their greatest opposition. Gee they cover the ground, burst through tackles, get head down - bum up! They find targets, they link up and run past. They are the standard! the standard beat us last week. No shame, just lessons!

Freo should win the flag - them kicking goals will be their greatest opposition. they cover the ground, burst through tackles, get head down - bum up! They find targets, they link up and run past. They are the standard! the standard beat us last week. No shame, just lessons!
Absolutely. Fremantle are an amazing side. Their pressure is through the roof, have a potent forward line, one of the best midfields in the competition that is led by Kiara Bowers, AND have a great defence. They are going to be difficult to beat for even the top sides IMO as we saw today.

I’d love to smash Carlton.

For a Richmond a supporter that is a given - you don't even have to say it mate. If you didn't think it you just were not barracking properly!

I’d love to smash Carlton.

This is where a multiple like button is a must.

Funnily enough, Sundays game will give us a real good indication of where we are at.

Better than GC last year. They have improved this year. We are players down. What will we dish up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, Sundays game will give us a real good indication of where we are at.

Better than GC last year. They have improved this year. We are players down. What will we dish up?

This is the sort of game that you hope the quality that has been invested in stands up.

Absolutely. Fremantle are an amazing side. Their pressure is through the roof, have a potent forward line, one of the best midfields in the competition that is led by Kiara Bowers, AND have a great defence. They are going to be difficult to beat for even the top sides IMO as we saw today.
Hayley Miller is the midfield equivalent of Katie Brennan, her craft is amazing to watch in congestion and then she pops up forward kicking goals like it's the easiest thing to do.

Gold Coast's 1 Wood is the pressure they bring. As long as we bring ours and match this we should win.

I think travelling interstate has come at a good time and the team spending this time together will be a bonus, especially after the Harriet injury, this will help pick the team up from this.

Hayley Miller is the midfield equivalent of Katie Brennan, her craft is amazing to watch in congestion and then she pops up forward kicking goals like it's the easiest thing to do.

Not as fluent a footballer as Katie, but has that raw fearlessness, a touch of aggression and just as much belief. Kiara Bowers - just wow! Stewart is incredibly effective, Jasmin O'Sullivan is just an everywhere threat, Houghton probably as good as Wakefield (never though that until today), the Antonio's just never give up and get down low and risk it all every time. They found another one at CHB in Aine Tighe - there is Stannett, Roux and McMahon - what a story! Their list is so good!

Gold Coast's 1 Wood is the pressure they bring. As long as we bring ours and match this we should win.

I think travelling interstate has come at a good time and the team spending this time together will be a bonus, especially after the Harriet injury, this will help pick the team up from this.
Looking forward to see Rowbottom tbh. Hope we can subdue her, but is getting better and better as expected!

Who was it complaining about our scoring ability with a beat up side kicking 7G v Freo , coll kicked 7 ruddy points tonight after a 4g4 winning score last week,,,,reality
Perspective! AND, Collingwood had it's star-filled forward line in Molloy and Fredricks ;)

In the past we would have given the job to Alana Woodward on the best mid, maybe we give the job to Millsy?, think she'd go alright at this?.

Nah, be run off her feet I think. Millsy is a burst player at the moment, in time maybe. As a purely negating role I would try Kodi Jacques first - only question is the tank for me. Can she be that single minded? That is where you ask the question. Might go to Dargan maybe. Both coaches will say they are backing their own system in first. Head to head with Conti will be a cracker to begin with really!

Nah, be run off her feet I think. Millsy is a burst player at the moment, in time maybe. As a purely negating role I would try Kodi Jacques first - only question is the tank for me. Can she be that single minded? That is where you ask the question. Might go to Dargan maybe. Both coaches will say they are backing their own system in first. Head to head with Conti will be a cracker to begin with really!
Dargan and Jacques are too small and no tank.

I don’t think they’ll start with a tag but if she gets off the chain a bit I’d look at Maddy Branc.

You can never make a loss feel better than a loss! However, Collingwood are a good side and have been worn down like we did. Tackles extraordinary, so far 78 to 49.

The Dockers held the Pies to their lowest-ever AFLW score of 1.1 (7).
it's also the 5th lowset score in AFLW history

Freo had
entries I50 41 to 10
marks I50 8 to 0

considering Pies D50 are twice as good as ours, they were well and truly destroyed

I’d be a bit worried if I was a Blues fan.
Lost a heap of quality players
On the slide down the ladder
Prespakis has said in the past that playing footy with the Blues was her job but she barracked for Essendon

What will she do?

just saw an interesting post on AFLW main board, bit of Nostradamus thrown in for sure

Have heard Hawk's coach Bec Goddard has big raps on Tessa Lavey, but doubt Lavey would entertain leaving

Bec Miller to Sydney, yeah forgot she's originally from N.S.W, but again doubt that she'll leave

"Below is something not published in the Herald Sun, though it isn't any less accurate than numerous reports from previous expansion periods wherein Lily Mithen's move to Geelong, for example, was deemed a fait accompli."
"It is purely an interpretation of each club's priorities, in terms of signing players who are currently on an AFLW list."
"It is not a commentary on each player's intentions, nor does it address prospects who aren't currently on an AFLW list."

"ESSENDON are extremely optimistic about Georgia Patrikios playing AFLW football this time next year.
They hope to land her alongside Ally Anderson, Georgie Prespakis, and Ashleigh Riddell to form what some are calling the "GAGA" midfield.
If Patrikios doesn't come around, they will target Maddy Prespakis to lead the on-ball unit, but with some reluctance due to Carlton's preparedness to retain her."
1643276716656.png

"HAWTHORN are expected to hone in on the players Bec Goddard and list manager Mitch Cashion believe to be the league's most underrated.
This includes Tayla Harris, in whom the Bombers and the Swans are also very interested."
1643276800011.png

"PORT ADELAIDE will approach every player currently listed with the Crows.
In the interests of brevity, the "Others on the Radar" section focuses on South Australians who may be lured back to the Festival State.
The Power also plan to pounce on Chloe Scheer if she gets homesick at the Cattery."
1643276866144.png

"The SYDNEY SWANS want to build a squad around experienced leaders who can engage with their minds and their hearts, as well as unique individuals who exchange ideas, thoughts and energy.
They will particularly look to the GWS Giants' dramatic improvement in the second AFLW season as a blueprint."
1643276936874.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back