Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you even research the players you mentioned before posting? Bianco didn't avg 65 and he only played 11 games. Idun didn't avg 60. So out of the 600 afl players, only 1 defender (Bergman) reached the threshold that I predicted for Bowey.

Starcevic averaged 50. If you're referring to Will Day, he's never played more than 11 games. Trent Rivers only played 9 games. So I'm not sure what you're referring to? You've literally not named any rookie that would score 65-70 in year one and play all 22 games.

I think I've proved my point.
Idun averaged 63 over the first 14 rounds, at which point he was perfect to upgrade (having started at a price $130k less than your boy Bowey)
Bianco averaged 64 over a 10 round stretch, having started at 170k (almost 200k less than your boy Bowey)

All those players I posted made 200-300k across the seasons and averaged 60-80 in the relevant period. All of those players would have been better picks than the 360k fringe player alternative that you're suggesting with Bowey.

Midfield isn't as stacked at the top end as others, but has at least 2 legitimate captain options. Not sold on Serong or Macrae, they are really price based placeholders at this stage.

View attachment 1316850

Currently debating whether or not I should downgrade Serong to Rowell/Caldwell, which would allow me to get Gresham at F4 up to a Cogs/Treloar, or Witts up to a Darcy/Marshall/ROB
Good side man! Only thing I’d be worried about is how many guys you have coming back from injury riddled years; Sic, Milera, Crouch, Duncan, Dunkley, Witts, Gresham etc

But I guess you have to risk it for the biscuit and if they all get back on track you’ll be laughing

Actually liking my 'B' side (screw around side originally for my partner), better than my normal side right now, haha:

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Dawson, Sicily, Sinn, Rook (Rook, Rook)

MID: Jelly, Neale, Dunkley, Danger, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, G. Clark (Rook, Rook)

RUC: Grundy, Draper

FWD: Duncan, De Goey, Dusty, T. Thomas, Butters, Heeney (Rook, Rook)

UTL: Rook

0K remaining

Actually liking my 'B' side (screw around side originally for my partner), better than my normal side right now, haha:

0K remaining
Whose your captain though?

0K remaining
Not bad but to many injury prone or brain fart players for my liking

Structure wise i like it very much

Not bad but to many injury prone or brain fart players for my liking

Structure wise i like it very much

Oh no arguments here, but the forward line is basically what the whole team is built around - 6 premos.

Having Grundy instead of Witts as R1 gives me stability, with me keeping the same structure in the mids and def as my 'A side.' Basically dropped Steele, Hall, Titch and Ward, to Dawson, Jelly, Dusty up forward and G. Clark, with Dunkley switching to the mids to give me a mid/fwd premo link, and Rayner and W. Rioli became Heeney and T. Thomas

Last edited:
V3 - don't know what's up with my browser putting black rings around the campaigners.

Hope pre-season gives a bit more indication on the Walsh rook (+50k) vs Serong Rowell dilemma. Whit or Treloar can always drop down 150k if a Preuss > Draper or Pedlar > Curnow type move is required. Aside from that pretty settled

Untitled.png

Did you even research the players you mentioned before posting? Bianco didn't avg 65 and he only played 11 games. Idun didn't avg 60. So out of the 600 afl players, only 1 defender (Bergman) reached the threshold that I predicted for Bowey.

Starcevic averaged 50. If you're referring to Will Day, he's never played more than 11 games. Trent Rivers only played 9 games. So I'm not sure what you're referring to? You've literally not named any rookie that would score 65-70 in year one and play all 22 games.

I think I've proved my point.

Since when do we want or need rookies to play 22 games.

They're done after 8-12games rain hail or shine. Then they get shipped off for the next one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

V3 - don't know what's up with my browser putting black rings around the campaigners.

Hope pre-season gives a bit more indication on the Walsh rook (+50k) vs Serong Rowell dilemma. Whit or Treloar can always drop down 150k if a Preuss > Draper or Pedlar > Curnow type move is required. Aside from that pretty settled

View attachment 1317164
My team is basically exactly the same as yours lol. the only difference is I have Horne-francis and miller instead of Steele.

Surprised to see everyone still lining up with Pedlar at F5.

Unless his recovery has been ahead of expected or better than i last read, but thought he was still behind a bit in rehab after surgery or injury and was very unlikely to be ready by round 1?

If that’s the case, then those that are expecting him to play will probably need to find a good 100k to upgrade him to anyone looking half likely.

Surprised to see everyone still lining up with Pedlar at F5.

Unless his recovery has been ahead of expected or better than i last read, but thought he was still behind a bit in rehab after surgery or injury and was very unlikely to be ready by round 1?

If that’s the case, then those that are expecting him to play will probably need to find a good 100k to upgrade him to anyone looking half likely.
I think he’s more so a warm body at just above minimum price meaning he’s an easy rookie swap. I’d say most have him at F5-6

I think he’s more so a warm body at just above minimum price meaning he’s an easy rookie swap. I’d say most have him at F5-6

I’d still be surprised if outside of Holland’s there is any other basement price rookies up forward that will be reliable enough to field without scoring regular 30s.

As a place holder, I think he will still need to be upgraded significantly to one of those rookies 300-350 to regularly score some 60/70s most weeks.

Ofcourse, I could be totally wrong and he’s recovering fine and will play o_O

I’d still be surprised if outside of Holland’s there is any other basement price rookies up forward that will be reliable enough to field without scoring regular 30s.

As a place holder, I think he will still need to be upgraded significantly to one of those rookies 300-350 to regularly score some 60/70s most weeks.

Ofcourse, I could be totally wrong and he’s recovering fine and will play o_O
Nah I think you’re probably right. Currently I’m running a deep forward line and have Gresham at F5 because of the lack of rookies there. Means going lighter on in the mids. Still a long way to round 1 but as usual the forward rookies look shocking. SDK / skinner, Comben, Durdin are all maybes and even Hollands isn’t assured of a spot

Nah I think you’re probably right. Currently I’m running a deep forward line and have Gresham at F5 because of the lack of rookies there. Means going lighter on in the mids. Still a long way to round 1 but as usual the forward rookies look shocking. SDK / skinner, Comben, Durdin are all maybes and even Hollands isn’t assured of a spot
Nah she'll be fine .....the Rookies they always appear

My forward line is causing me headaches at the moment. Thinking the only way to sure it up without tearing apart me whole lineup is gawn down to Draper but I really want the set and forget rucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back