Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 11 (Women's Semi-Finals)

The Womens Final will be?

• Barty vs. Collins

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Barty vs. Swiatek

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Keys vs. Collins

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keys vs. Swiatek

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Go Ash -in a class of her own this tournament. Well done.
Be nice if Keys had turned up though- a good couple of weeks but very ordinary tonight.

Collins is one player that won't be put off by the crowd at all if she makes the final. Very aloof and arrogant demeanour who only shows emotion to chastise herself. Doesn't pump herself up even when she is winning a big match like tonight. All business.

Would be funny if a player tries to counter Bartys slices by just doing moon balls non stop so she cant slice it :tearsofjoy:
Keys did try that and it seemed to work a bit better than hit ball into net…

LP your favourite player is playing very well and she is rather quiet.
Barty was so impressive I just can't see either Swiatek or Collins beating her.
I'll be going for Purcell/Ebden in the men's double. IDK if I will watch though.
I hope I don't start disliking Kokkanakis as his attitude isn't much better when he is playing with Nick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LP your favourite player is playing very well and she is rather quiet.
Barty was so impressive I just can't see either Swiatek or Collins beating her.
I'll be going for Purcell/Ebden in the men's double. IDK if I will watch though.
I hope I don't start disliking Kokkanakis as his attitude isn't much better when he is playing with Nick.
Collins will throw the kitchen sink at her. But Barty will give her a different look than what's been dished up tonight. Pretty hard to swing from the rafters when a slice is dipping low.

Looks like this match is going to be over quicker than Ash’s match. I can see Collins being a real handful in the final. Hits the ball hard with a lot more control than Keys showed. Also seems to play well under pressure.

Would not surprise if she caused an upset in the final. I’m already assuming she’s going to win this.

Collins has certainly started off well here. Her game face demeanour looks like that of an ice maiden Not sure I’d want to get on the wrong side of her.

fatal-attraction-not-gonna-be-ignored.gif

Bunny boiler alert

There is nothing wrong with having your game face on. There have been a few ice maidens Steffi, Maria to name a couple. Ash doesn't rev herself up either, doesn't involve the crowd at all.

Looks like this match is going to be over quicker than Ash’s match. I can see Collins being a real handful in the final. Hits the ball hard with a lot more control than Keys showed. Also seems to play well under pressure.

Would not surprise if she caused an upset in the final. I’m already assuming she’s going to win this.
She likes rhythm and if you give the same style of shot she will eat it up. Iga needs to bring her forward and starting chipping the ball around take pace off it.

Back