Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 11 (Women's Semi-Finals)

The Womens Final will be?

• Barty vs. Collins

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Barty vs. Swiatek

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Keys vs. Collins

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keys vs. Swiatek

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To think people prefer this kinda tennis where someone just belts the sh*t out of the ball compared to someone who mixes it up.

Everyones different... Some enjoy a hard pounding and others enjoy some softer variety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peak bash Collins could but I dont think it lasts any longer than 2-3 games each set.
True but I don’t see Ash sending down many 130kmh sitter serves to get unloaded on.

Not seeing a lot from either that would trouble Barty.
Collins could easily cause Ash some trouble by beating up on her forehand

But it’s been clear for a couple of rounds now that Barty’s biggest threat is herself. She is very capable of going walkabout at any time and handing the match to her opponent

But it’s been clear for a couple of rounds now that Barty’s biggest threat is herself. She is very capable of going walkabout at any time and handing the match to her opponent

Collins would need to play the match of her life and Barty would need to be well off the pace.

It's possible but I don't see it happening.

I'd say beating up on the top spin backhand would cause issues. Force Ash into playing as much of them as possible as the ball doesn't have as much pace or spin on it like her slice and forehand. If Ash is using the top spin more Collins would be in the match up to her eyeballs if she minimises the mistakes.

Collins bashing everything strategy could be her undoing here, the shock factor for her opponent is now gone.

Although IGA lost the set, the match has changed from when she was struggling to hold serve at 4-0...

I'd say beating up on the top spin backhand would cause issues. Force Ash into playing as much of them as possible as the ball doesn't have as much pace or spin on it like her slice and forehand. If Ash is using the top spin more Collins would be in the match up to her eyeballs if she minimises the mistakes.
Nah. Players who succeed against her are the ones who pin her on the forehand side with heavy balls, denying her the room to dictate with it

Target her backhand and she will just play defensively and slice until she has the opportunity to run around it and hit the forehand I/O or I/I, which is her money shot

Back