AFLW AFLW 2022 - Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Abysmal effort by Carlton really. 10x worse than GWS were. If Daniel Harford still has the job come Wednesday arvo, he's only got Courtney Jones to thank. And heads will have to roll at North Melbourne if they don't put the Blues away next Sunday.

Looked like an ideal training drill for Brisbane, if not for more injury concerns. Expect to see them in their natural highly contested environment on the weekend against the Cats who have at least shown a willingness to compete physically.

Abysmal effort by Carlton really. 10x worse than GWS were. If Daniel Harford still has the job come Wednesday arvo, he's only got Courtney Jones to thank.
Also feel like he has Prespakis to thank. If she ever gets injured I have no idea how Carlton could cover her.

Also feel like he has Prespakis to thank. If she ever gets injured I have no idea how Carlton could cover her.
Every Carlton loss makes it that little bit easier for Essendon to try and persuade Prespakis to leave the Blues and sign with the club she followed as a kid.

Every Carlton loss makes it that little bit easier for Essendon to try and persuade Prespakis to leave the Blues and sign with the club she followed as a kid.

What's the thing about clouds and silver linings?

He'd at least have a decent excuse for the team not performing well if Prespakis wasn't out there.

But when the third-gamer (drafted at pick 59) is the only reason your forward-line is producing more than one goal, that's a case of getting out of jail.

Cheeses, AFLW commentary is ridiculously overstated. The Brisbane first gamer was just called "an absolute superstar". 🤪😜🤪
Two of the commentators when asked for their picks thought Carlton were going to win. Realistically had little chance as they should have realised looking at the team lists.

Yep spot on with this take! Seems a fair amount of the 'star' forwards from the first couple of seasons have seen the game go past them with its style. I think Melbourne has identified the model well with more mobile and agile talls like Zanker, Parry, Scott, and Bannan (I know some of them have been playing different roles at times, Zanker in the middle even! but the point remains).
It was actually painful watching her today getting dominated by a non-backman. Surely down on confidence, but a trip to the two's beckons at this rate.

It was actually painful watching her today getting dominated by a non-backman. Surely down on confidence, but a trip to the two's beckons at this rate.
I think that point not having a secondary league running at the same time is a constraint and until they do have a bigger pool of players for clubs it’s always going to look like a tournament/sporting carnival rather than a professional league.

The AFL can make big statements like they want it to be the highest paying sport for females in the country, which will be really attractive to athletic 15/16 yr olds and families but IMO they need a bigger pool of players at clubs and more than one team playing at the same time in the year to be able to come back from injury or develop or regain form.
And that will make for stronger programmes and environments for players to be in.

Rant over…probably the wrong thread.

I think that point not having a secondary league running at the same time is a constraint and until they do have a bigger pool of players for clubs it’s always going to look like a tournament/sporting carnival rather than a professional league.

The AFL can make big statements like they want it to be the highest paying sport for females in the country, which will be really attractive to athletic 15/16 yr olds and families but IMO they need a bigger pool of players at clubs and more than one team playing at the same time in the year to be able to come back from injury or develop or regain form.
And that will make for stronger programmes and environments for players to be in.

Rant over…probably the wrong thread.
Tough ask with 4 new clubs coming in. More opportunities for players but talent pool will be diluted for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back