Opinion 2022 Fantasy Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early days, but worth noting that apparently JDG is still spending large chunks of match sims up forward with Lipinski taking big midfield minutes.

I’m not sure I want to ride that JDG up forward train again. That was a nightmare but in saying this he has only been back training for a week.
Think you'll find that's just to easy DeGoey back into training ......lets see his role in 4-6 weeks and the PS games

I still have PTSD from starting with him last year. On my never again list next too Martin and Heeney.
Contract year .....DeGoey will be pulling out all stops to get a big Contract .....but even more, he wants multiple suitors to drive his Contract value up

Currently, I'd suggest he has no suitors

Contract year .....DeGoey will be pulling out all stops to get a big Contract .....but even more, he wants multiple suitors to drive his Contract value up

Currently, I'd suggest he has no suitors
Heading for a rebuild, if Collingwood want to move him would they give him the mid time to maximise his trade value?

It's a little more complicated with De Goey than just if he's playing mids or not. If they play a more direct game under Craig McRae and/or he's made to be more accountable through the middle his average will be heavily affected from what we saw back end of last year. Don't forget all his good scores came when they reverted to a heavy kick/mark possession game plan under Harvey and his role was basically to run around collecting as many marks as possible. It was the perfect storm, unlikely to be the same this year.

Also on another note - if you watch him closely his contested craft/positioning around stoppages isn't that great so far as genuine midfielders go. He's great once he actually finds the ball but there's question marks over whether he can find enough of it to average 100 if they play him predominately as an inside mid when he's in the middle. He's also never been too keen on tackles. I'll only really be considering him if he's got enough of an outside role and their game plan doesn't change a whole lot. Big watch in those pre-season games.

It's a little more complicated with De Goey than just if he's playing mids or not. If they play a more direct game under Craig McRae and/or he's made to be more accountable through the middle his average will be heavily affected from what we saw back end of last year. Don't forget all his good scores came when they reverted to a heavy kick/mark possession game plan under Harvey and his role was basically to run around collecting as many marks as possible. It was the perfect storm, unlikely to be the same this year.

Also on another note - if you watch him closely his contested craft/positioning around stoppages isn't that great so far as genuine midfielders go. He's great once he actually finds the ball but there's question marks over whether he can find enough of it to average 100 if they play him predominately as an inside mid when he's in the middle. He's also never been too keen on tackles. I'll only really be considering him if he's got enough of an outside role and their game plan doesn't change a whole lot. Big watch in those pre-season games.
100% this. Owned him both at the start of the year, and at the end. At the start when he was playing midfield he’d just hang at the back of the contest waiting for the easy ball and rarely got it, was infuriating. Didn’t have much midfield nous. At the end of the year he was great, but as you say, was mostly him just racking up cheap +6’s. De Goey could be fools gold imo. Who knows where McRae awww him too, might think he’s a better forward which he Isaac

FYI from the Swans board. Mills somewhat limited by that Achilles. That’s a big red flag and avoid for me.

So it sounds like Mills and Franklin are the only two blue chip players on individualised programs to manage their respective niggles/ailments, which is good! I expect Mills to be managed very cautiously so that his achilles doesn't flare up at the business end of the season again.”

FYI from the Swans board. Mills somewhat limited by that Achilles. That’s a big red flag and avoid for me.

So it sounds like Mills and Franklin are the only two blue chip players on individualised programs to manage their respective niggles/ailments, which is good! I expect Mills to be managed very cautiously so that his achilles doesn't flare up at the business end of the season again.”
Probably bang put consecutive 150’s in first 2 games

I don't care, Mills is staying in my team. He had achilles problems all last year!!!!! and the only thing that stopped him was COVID

I don't care, Mills is staying in my team. He had achilles problems all last year!!!!! and the only thing that stopped him was COVID
I have Mills too but that’s a pretty big red flag…. It’s hard to know if by ‘managed’ they’re talking about his pre season load or they’re talking about throughout the season

Hall and Witts vs Dawson and Darcy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson 105? That would put him up there with Lloyd’s best season.. big call
he's been training with the mids they want to use him as a big inside mid

Developing into one of the best D50 rebound/wing players in the comp.. highly doubt they'd try to turn him into an inside mid. WaynesWorld19 any insight
Yes, looking to play Dawson as a Wing / Mid ....Crows want to use his kick fwd of centre, rather than in the back half at SYD

That said Dawson played a lot of Wing at SYD last year

We won't know how much Wing time v Mid time till the PS games .....but with Seedsman out for a while with lingering concussion symptoms .....think you'll see Dawson FT Wing early season

Yes, looking to play Dawson as a Wing / Mid ....Crows want to use his kick fwd of centre, rather than in the back half at SYD

That said Dawson played a lot of Wing at SYD last year

We won't know how much Wing time v Mid time till the PS games .....but with Seedsman out for a while with lingering concussion symptoms .....think you'll see Dawson FT Wing early season
Can definitely see him on a wing. The inside mid does't make sense for him especially given the squeeze for spots. Stranger things have happened though

He's an interesting prospect.. would have liked him a tad cheaper though

Can definitely see him on a wing. The inside mid does't make sense for him especially given the squeeze for spots. Stranger things have happened though
We lack a tall Mid .....playing Mid would give Dawson greater ground coverage than the Wing ....plus his marking is a real weapon

We lack a tall Mid .....playing Mid would give Dawson greater ground coverage than the Wing ....plus his marking is a real weapon
Who would miss out? Dawson there with Crouch back also.. Laird Keays Crouch are the ones set in stone. Sloane moves to a half fwd but will still get mid time you'd imagine. Then there's Schoenberg McHenry and maybe a few others who will see some time as part of development

Given the stocks there plus how effective Dawson is as an outside type I find it a bit hard to see. Would be excellent for fantasy though.. if that ends up being the case I'd definitely be inclined to start him

Who would miss out? Dawson there with Crouch back also.. Laird Keays Crouch are the ones set in stone. Sloane moves to a half fwd but will still get mid time you'd imagine. Then there's Schoenberg McHenry and maybe a few others who will see some time as part of development

Given the stocks there plus how effective Dawson was as an outside type it's just hard to see
Also have to add Milera & Brayden Cook as well ......Kelly has gone to ESS, Rowe, Murphy, Sholl, and McPherson will struggle to hold a spot

Milera off HB ....Dawson & Cook on the Wings .....Laird, Keays, Schoenberg, McHenry, Crouch, Sloane as Mids ..highlighted players rotating FWD

Steele is going to constantly feature in my X vs Y vs Z scenarios given the massive amount of cash he occupies.

Eg. Ridley + Steele + Pedlar (equivalent basement rook other than hollands) versus Sinn + Oliver + Treloar.

Steele is going to constantly feature in my X vs Y vs Z scenarios given the massive amount of cash he occupies.

Eg. Ridley + Steele + Pedlar (equivalent basement rook other than hollands) versus Sinn + Oliver + Treloar.
I would think that the main factor overriding the Steele choice is his high ceiling (and high floor) so having him as C/VC most weeks is a definite advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back