Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
& despite claims the agreement wasnt worth the paper it was printed on, it cost we taxpayers.. how much was that again.

East West Link contracts are not binding, says Daniel Andrews​

UPDATE: OPPOSITION Leader Daniel Andrews sticks with his promise not to build the East West Link if he wins the state election and he says the signed contracts aren’t legally binding.
There are no winners here, certainly not one Victorian taxpayer.
What the Libs did was inexcusable, (no different to the poison pills left for Abbot). Phuckery 101 on both sides, well fair dinkum

How anyone can own the politicians that do this sort of thing is staggering.
Sure we will end up with one side or t'other, but trying to hide from this stuff only encourages more of it.
They didn’t formally challenge it’s validity so we will never really know.

You're sitting here celebrating your mob costing the State $1 billion for sheer political bastardry and attempting to blame it on the government that fell on that grenade.

Spot on.
HOWEVER you are ignoring the fact that your mob told we voters that it wasnt worth the paper it was written on, not $however much it is to date.
The legal advice that was claimed to inform the ALP, did not result in an action for damages that would be covered by professional indemnity insurance.

Neither side of politics have clean hands over this tawdry time in Victorian politics.

Spot on.
HOWEVER you are ignoring the fact that your mob told we voters that it wasnt worth the paper it was written on, not $however much it is to date.
The legal advice that was claimed to inform the ALP, did not result in an action for damages that would be covered by professional indemnity insurance.

Neither side of politics have clean hands over this tawdry time in Victorian politics.
Reason Party are my mob. This wasn't worth opening the ignore, back on you go, creep.

yeah that would wear thin after a while ..... interesting recent post on the scandals page of BF about alcott .... wont repeat it here but it did raise an eyebrow (in so much as everything about the alleged incident was inappropriate - including the retaliatory response)

Blokes a knob.. yet won aussie of the year. What can ya do!

JAMA, Prof Doherty, The Lancet are three who don't agree. Seems obvious as the extent of the need for vaccines in the future is very much unclear. Holding anything other than that position is not sensible as I see it. Then there are the possible variants. I've posted elsewhere a possible variant of Omicron is presently being analysed in the UK.

As for Australia, of course we could economically sustain a vaccine program. All we need is a government that is economically prudent and responsible.

Perottet was absolutely all in from day one (and hasn't that gone well?) with he and Shonky being the leaders of the band and chiefly responsible for the relative loss of control. Less so Andrews and Palaszczuk who have been less gung ho. Though I'm disappointed Andrews has moved to the extent has.

100% agree with the second para.

More mixed messaging around the globe. Can’t say I’m not surprised.

Setting aside the process and the over claiming by Andrews, are those criticising the decision which resulted in a a $1.1 billion loss saying we should have proceeded and lose $30 billion?

I'm not across the $30 bil, pls give me a couple of clues & I'll happily follow it through.
My abiding memory is the right royal snafu by both sides of politics,that cost the taxpayers heaps.

I'm not across the $30 bil, pls give me a couple of clues & I'll happily follow it through.
My abiding memory is the right royal snafu by both sides of politics,that cost the taxpayers heaps.

Basically, the cost benefit ratio never added up and was projected to lose $30 billion over its life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically, the cost benefit ratio never added up and was projected to lose $30 billion over its life.
The official independent audit determined they didn’t adequately examine merits of terminating the project versus costs, risks or benefits of completing it.

I wonder if the same people who blamed Andrews for the failures of federally regulated privated aged care will now blame Perottet.

Because it sure seems like it's a national problem and a federal failing, one that hasn't been fixed in other states since the first/second Victorian waves, because Morrison and Colbeck were given the liberty by the media and the right to blame "Dictator Dan".

Screenshot_20220128-133124_Guardian.jpg

I wonder if the same people who blamed Andrews for the failures of federally regulated privated aged care will now blame Perottet.

Because it sure seems like it's a national problem and a federal failing, one that hasn't been fixed in other states since the first/second Victorian waves, because Morrison and Colbeck were given the liberty by the media and the right to blame "Dictator Dan".

View attachment 1317599
Andrews was rightfully blamed because 99% of deaths in aged care facilities were genomically linked to the The Hotel Quarantine security, and we are talking about over 700 deaths. And yes, the Feds had overall responsibility for the aged care, so they too ultimately shared responsibility. But in the first instance you had to look where the Covid came from

Last edited:
Andrews was rightfully blamed because 99% of deaths in aged care facilities were genomically linked to the The Hotel Quarantine security, and we are talking about over 700 deaths. And yes, the Feds had overall responsibility for the aged care, so they too ultimately shared responsibility. But in the first instance you had to look where the Covid came from
The ruby princess wasn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back