Grand Slam Australian Open Day 13 - Barty v Collins + Mens Double final CONGRATS ASH BARTY 🏆🍸🍾

Barty v Collins

• Barty in 2

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Barty in 3

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Collins in 2

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Collins in 3

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting response by Kokkinakis to a Ben Rothenburg question at the post match presser ( for some reason he was online ) - Ben asked if they would the World Doubles final if eligible in which the 2K's responded probably - Ben then asked about Kyrgios habit of touching Kokk's bum during matches - Kokk's response to Ben was that he probably enjoys watching this action - I have no doubt that Rothenburg has limited popularity among the player group.

While I'm all for the recognition and celebration of Barty's achievements thus far, a statue for a 25yo sports person in the midst of her career - really, 10 years from now perhaps..?

I came 3rd in an U/14 25m backstroke event once (behind two 12yo girls), so where is my statue..?

I was watching a tournament in Argentina and they named a court after Diego Schwartzmann...........be like naming a court after the Demon.

Should wait until she is retired but already done enough to get one.

I was watching a tournament in Argentina and they named a court after Diego Schwartzmann...........be like naming a court after the Demon.

Should wait until she is retired but already done enough to get one.
Perhaps, but let's not reinterpret the significance of what statues represent (i.e. related to lifetime achievement), just because of modern popular interpretations.

Schwartzmann getting a court named after him I think is more about, aside Vilas and Sabatini, there hasn't been too many other Argentinians who have even looked like winning a GS event..?

Do they have a court named after del potro
They commissioned murals and a monument / statue to him back in 2016 in his home town of Tandil, but I can’t find any stories showing the completed monument. Bit weird.

Schwartzmann getting a court named after him I think is more about, aside Vilas and Sabatini, there hasn't been too many other Argentinians who have even looked like winning a GS event..?
picard-facepalm.jpg

Barty is paying around $5 - $6 in the three remaining Grand Slams this year. That means the bookies if they were framing a market would have her paying less than $2 to win at least one more Slam this year.

How good is it to finally have an Aussie dominating Tennis again? It has been years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It never used to be like this.

Between '87 - '96, only three women won the French Open. See if you can work out the three players who did this without looking it up.
Graf and Seles are 2 for sure. Did Sanchez-Vicario win any as token Spanish claycourter?

Back