Who is the true goat in Tennis ?

Remove this Banner Ad

ATP tour website

Djokovic is the GOAT.. winning big tournaments here there and everywhere and that re. Has all the events covered mate.. and an overall better total avg of big tournaments won compared to Nads.

Nadal.. 0 Nittos. Not Inc in the table.. but the blokes won 13 of his 21 GS's at the French mate. Lacks variety mate.. and variety is what.. variety is what? The spiiice of liiiife maaaate.. you can't just rock the blocks in Ibiza and then go.. oh.. dunno bout Mykonos mate.. and be a GOAT re.. Djokovic on the other hand.. popopo mate.. he knows how to have a good time wherever he goes mate.. pino coloda here.. long island iced tea there.. let's have a good time mate.. no worries mate.. I rest my case mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.

Other sick stats and that re:

Weeks at no 1: Djokovic 356 weeks. Nads 209.
Head to head: Djokovic 30. Nads 28.
Finals: Djokovic 15. Nads 13.

Screenshot_20220201-052323_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

356 > 209
5 (14) > 0 (10) 😆
30 > 28
15 > 13
62 > 58

21 >> 20.

Don’t see Ivan Lendl and Jimmy Connors bragging about their weeks at the top.

The funniest thing is that all the figures you’re quoting? They wouldn’t mean s**t to Djokovic. It would be eating him alive that a little clay courter with no serve has more slams than he does. And it’s eating you too based on what you’re posting

21 >> 20.

Don’t see Ivan Lendl and Jimmy Connors bragging about their weeks at the top.

The funniest thing is that all the figures you’re quoting? They wouldn’t mean sh*t to Djokovic. It would be eating him alive that a little clay courter with no serve has more slams than he does. And it’s eating you too based on what you’re posting

Those stats are not relevant? Ok.. what's your criteria? How does Djokovic's feelings come into the equation?

🤨

Those stats are not relevant? Ok.. what's your criteria? How does Djokovic's feelings come into the equation?

🤨

They’re not.

Who the hell is going to care if he’s been at #1 for more weeks.
Who is going to care if he’s won 2 more head to head matches?
He’s won less slams, less tournaments, and that’s despite his ‘season’ including a lot more hard and grass tournaments than there are for Nadal’s ‘season.’

Do you think Lendl’s streak at #1 makes up for him never winning Wimbledon? Of course it doesn’t. He could have been #1 for twice as long and it wouldn’t make up for that

Greg Norman is #2 for weeks at the top on golf and aside from Woods who is way out in front, it’s not even close. Norman is in no danger of being overtaken any time soon.

Do you think that will make up for his lack of a US major?

They’re not.

He’s won less slams, less tournaments, and that’s despite his ‘season’ including a lot more hard and grass tournaments than there are for Nadal’s ‘season.’

Do you think Lendl’s streak at #1 makes up for him never winning Wimbledon? Of course it doesn’t. He could have been #1 for twice as long and it wouldn’t make up for that

Greg Norman is #2 for weeks at the top on golf and aside from Woods who is way out in front, it’s not even close. Norman is in no danger of being overtaken any time soon.

They're not objective.. or not enough for you? Well If they're not.. or you see an issue with em.. come up with some that are.. all you're really giving me.. is subjectivity.. You've got me at 21>20. That's fine. When assessing who's the GOAT.. bloody oath weeks on top.. and head to head matches are important.. and all those other stats are important. How are they not?

They’re not.

How is 0/10 v 5/14 not relevant? Is it bias?

If that's not relevant.. then perhaps you should come up with something that is.. then go sell your idea to the ATP Tour.. make yourself millions.. revolutionary.

They’re not.

Djokovic can come out and say.. 'I'm the worst player on the planet'.. what's that got to do with the price of a Mortan Bay bug re?

They're not objective.. or not enough for you? Well If they're not.. or you see an issue with em.. come up with some that are.. all you're really giving me.. is subjectivity.. You've got me at 21>20. That's fine. When assessing who's the GOAT.. bloody oath weeks on top.. and head to head matches are important.. and all those other stats are important. How are they not?

Subjectivity? The success of tennis players is measured in grand slams. I’m showing you, hard as it is to understand, that 21 is a bigger number than 20.

You and Novak need to have a zoom meeting and talk about all the plaudits he will receive for his weeks at number 1 from the gigantic percentage of tennis fans who rate it above grand slam titles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is 0/10 v 5/14 not relevant? Is it bias?

If that's not relevant.. then perhaps you should come up with something that is.. then go sell your idea to the ATP Tour.. make yourself millions.. revolutionary.

It’s not relevant. Because he has won less grand slams. So no one beyond you and the loyal band of Novak sycophants bother pointing to it

Subjectivity? The success of tennis players is measured in grand slams. I’m showing you, hard as it is to understand, that 21 is a bigger number than 20.

You and Novak need to have a zoom meeting and talk about all the plaudits he will receive for his weeks at number 1 from the gigantic percentage of tennis fans who rate it above grand slam titles

So that's it.. 21 > 20.

Ok.. close the thread.

Allright re.. 13 at the French.. like Travolta in.. Saturday Night Fever.. turning it on at the Odyssey every weekend re..

Lol this really is the last bastion of the damned. ‘He’s won too many of the one tournament.’

Take out the clay majors and what does Nadal have left? 8 slams.

Take out the hardcourt majors and how many does Djokovic have left? 8.

No it’s a good argument it’s a really solid argument.
How would you boy cope if half the majors and half the tour events were held on clay?

He’d be light years behind. Be grateful he’s as close as he is

What's your criteria for the Jordan v LeBron GOAT debate?

As it’s a team sport, vastly different. I don’t really have a position on it but I don’t see it as being based around championships because if it was, there’s a handful of Celtics players ahead of both of them Aaron Baynes has an NBA title and Patrick Ewing doesn’t so I tend to disregard pure trophies

As it’s a team sport, vastly different. I don’t really have a position on it but I don’t see it as being based around championships because if it was, there’s a handful of Celtics players ahead of both of them Aaron Baynes has an NBA title and Patrick Ewing doesn’t so I tend to disregard pure trophies

I don't really have a position on it? Aha. Ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back