ATP Nick Kyrgios

Remove this Banner Ad

The Happy Gilmore gimmick will continue to net in $$$ for him. He may not win a Grand Slam, but he'll set himself up financially for life. The trade off will be having very few friends on the circuit.

Love the guy but he has no self-awareness whatsoever.

His comments about Barty were ridiculous and his carry on about the ladies watching out for Kokkinakis was tacky.

Did you watch the whole post match presser or did you just read an inaccurate headline ? The two K's were asked a question whether their style of doubles is good if they were inciting the crowd during matches - Kyrgios answered that their style of play resulted in full attendances at their matches, greater media interest in doubles as evidenced by excellent rating on TV, and even having radio cover their matches - Of course if you choose to read and believe an article which is backed up by inflammatory headlines and filled with non-sensical tweets then it's your prerogative - I'll add that the two K's were complimentary towards Barty in their presser and even recalled them travelling around Australia and overseas as juniors.

Did you watch the whole post match presser or did you just read an inaccurate headline ? The two K's were asked a question whether their style of doubles is good if they were inciting the crowd during matches - Kyrgios answered that their style of play resulted in full attendances at their matches, greater media interest in doubles as evidenced by excellent rating on TV, and even having radio cover their matches - Of course if you choose to read and believe an article which is backed up by inflammatory headlines and filled with non-sensical tweets then it's your prerogative - I'll add that the two K's were complimentary towards Barty in their presser and even recalled them travelling around Australia and overseas as juniors.

I watched the whole presser.

My opinion remains unchanged. Yes, he was complimentary. No, he did not need to big himself up with his erroneous claims about why the crowds were there. He did not need to mention Barty’s family.

Sometimes he just needs to shut up.

Great come back, Purcell was talking sh*t pre and post game, didn’t back it up what do you expect

Did you watch the game?

I'd argue Purcell and KK were the two best players on the court.

Not Max's fault his partner was worse than KK's.

Nick is really tone deaf, his partner carried him in that final.

I watched the whole presser.

My opinion remains unchanged. Yes, he was complimentary. No, he did not need to big himself up with his erroneous claims about why the crowds were there. He did not need to mention Barty’s family.

Sometimes he just needs to shut up.
exactly, he wants to ensure all the attention is on him.

Did you watch the game?

I'd argue Purcell and KK were the two best players on the court.

Not Max's fault his partner was worse than KK's.

Nick is really tone deaf, his partner carried him in that final.
I don't know why Kyrgios keeps attacking Purcell. He should move on from that argument.

Purcell played great but Edben wasn't strong and consistent enough in the final

the talk is Kyrgios may avoid the French and Wimbledon but play in the US Open.

Id love to see where this doubles success takes him now. From what i also heard its almost a shoe-in the Special K's are in there for the end of year doubles Finals .

The interesting thing if Kyrgios really believed he was the main card of this event.

I have no doubt in 20-25 years time, most of the world would have forgotten about. But what you can see with Barty winning and breaking the drought for a womens winner, and Rafa winning the 21st slam- these events alone will be talked about in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a real goose but plenty of people like watching him, so there you go. Each to their own.

Kyrgios is missing the clay court swing, even though he is decent on the surface - His biggest issue is playing well enough to keep his ranking at a high enough level, so that he play preferred tournaments.

Kyrgios is missing the clay court swing, even though he is decent on the surface - His biggest issue is playing well enough to keep his ranking at a high enough level, so that he play preferred tournaments.

Long rallies on clay aren't his go mate. He goes ok on the surface but doesn't have the tank to be arsed with it.

Long rallies on clay aren't his go mate. He goes ok on the surface but doesn't have the tank to be arsed with it.

Agree - But he's not like Tomic who is incompetent on clay - Anyway, expect Nick to play a few tournaments in the USA.

Gonna have this framed and that re.. taking pride of place in the billiard room mate.. it will give the room more of that.. hmmmm.. modern yet contemporary.. serene and electric.. ambiotic appeal about it I reckon and that re.. grouse mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate..

Screenshot_20220201-184451_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
French open probably won't even give Nick a wildcard (depending on his ranking)

Doubt the French crowd care about Nick and his antics. Anyway he doesn't even like playing on clay, he will probably skip the clay court season

i'm pretty sure the reigning grand slam champions from the previous tournament would be near the top of the list for a wild card spot.

Though in saying that i agree with you, outside of Australia no one really cares about nick and his antics. He will get the views in Australia because he is Australian and because the time line works. I doubt many Aussies are going to set their clocks and watch him at 3:00am in France...

No he sabotaged FAA's interview at Wimbledon I doubt he would of done that to a lot of other players. FAA was too nice to say piss off you loss.
Not sure if the boys do get to end of finals they will go as it will be in Turn albeit not on clay.
Unfortunately Thansis is just as bad.

I watched that game and find it funny that a salty Venus has a go at Krygios when Venus carried on like an absolute ******* at times too, the crowd turned on him completely during the second set when he started taunted them.

Clearly he couldn’t handle playing in such a hostile environment when he’s only ever used to playing in front of his Mum and a couple of randos before they realise they’re at the wrong court.

The pros never get distracted by that crap and maintain their composure.
You wonder alot of his salty bitter comments could be attributed to not being good enough himself to be a singles player so when he sees someone with twice the talent he has and is wasting it he can't handle it and it rubs him up the wrong way.

The comments about Nick never being serious are rubbish. Once he realised you actually have to have the right mindset and the will to put in the hard work in order to win Grand Slams and not just rely on prodigious talent he shut up shop. Same thing happened with Tomic. He was serious early in his career absolutely. Than he worked out " I can still make alot of money by being a showman and winning the occasional tournament and thats what im going to do". Which is what we see today.

The comments about Nick never being serious are rubbish. Once he realised you actually have to have the right mindset and the will to put in the hard work in order to win Grand Slams and not just rely on prodigious talent he shut up shop. Same thing happened with Tomic. He was serious early in his career absolutely. Than he worked out " I can still make alot of money by being a showman and winning the occasional tournament and thats what im going to do". Which is what we see today.

It's not a bad outlook though. Not working hard whilst making heaps of cash. Sign me up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back