NAB AFLW Round Four – Updated Fixture

Thursday, January 27STADIUM (NETWORK)AEDTLOCAL
Collingwood vs. FremantleVictoria Park (VIC) (Foxtel)5:40pm5:40pm
Friday, January 28
GWS GIANTS vs. Western BulldogsHenson Park (NSW) (Foxtel)5:10pm5:10pm
St. Kilda vs. West Coast EaglesSkyBus Stadium (VIC) (Foxtel)7:10pm7:10pm
Saturday, January 29
Adelaide Crows vs. MelbourneNorwood Oval (SA) (Seven)3:10pm2:40pm
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong CatsMaroochydore Multi Sports Complex (QLD) (Foxtel)5:10pm4:10pm
Sunday, January 30
Carlton vs. KangaroosIkon Park (VIC) (Seven)3:10pm3:10pm
Gold Coast SUNS vs. RichmondMetricon Stadium (QLD) (Foxtel)5:10pm4:10pm
Additional Matches*
Tuesday, February 1STADIUM (NETWORK)AEDTLOCAL
Collingwood vs. West Coast EaglesVictoria Park (VIC) (Foxtel)5:10pm5:10pm
Western Bulldogs vs. FremantleWhitten Oval (VIC) (Foxtel)7:10pm7:10pm

The scheduled Round Six match between Collingwood and the West Coast Eagles and the scheduled Round 10 match between the Western Bulldogs and Fremantle will be played on Tuesday, February 1.

AFL General Manager Competition Management Laura Kane said while the ongoing pandemic continues to impact the 2022 NAB AFL Women’s Competition, the AFL remains committed to delivering a full season in a safe manner anchored in the advice of respective governments and public health officials.

“We remain committed to completing the season and awarding a Premier and the updates to the fixture aim to provide the competition with greater flexibility as we progress the season,” Ms. Kane said.

“The decision to schedule additional matches to the fixture for Fremantle and the West Coast Eagles was made in close consultation and with strong support from each Club following updates to border restrictions relating to Western Australia.

“We remain cognisant of the outside-football commitments of many players and staff from WA who are currently on the road in Victoria, and we thank them for their commitment and understanding.

“The league will continue to work closely with each club and the AFLPA, and will remain led by the advice of respective state governments and relevant health authorities as we work through arrangements for the coming rounds. I want to thank the AFLPA for working with us to provide the flexibility required to progress the season.

“Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs will participate in the additional games with the Magpies to have a five-day break between their Round Four game and their match-up against the Eagles next Tuesday night. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are ready to return for Round Four after two weeks of no matches due to AFL Health and Safety Protocols.

“For the time being, the fixture remains a week-to-week proposition, and as such, we want to thank every AFLW Club, players and the AFLPA, umpires, venues, governments, ticketing agents and all supporters for their understanding.”

Ticketing Update
  • For supporters who have purchased tickets to matches in Round Four, those tickets remain valid. The Ticketing Agent will be in contact should any ticket purchaser wish to receive a refund.
  • Details of ticketing for the additional matches - Collingwood vs. West Coast Eagles and the Western Bulldogs vs. Fremantle – will be released separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, so now it's 'Islamaphobic' to criticise Islam's outdated views on homosexuality? Good grief. I guess those loose definitions of yours take a break when you throw out terms like that.

Thank goodness people like you are no longer making decisions on gay rights in this country.
By loose definitions do you actually mean actual textbook definitions - like what the words actually mean?

There is no problem with being critical of something that's fine, but if you're making comments like muslim nutjob or comparing the Quaran to Mein Kampf like on this thread then you're being islamaphobic.

By loose definitions do you actually mean actual textbook definitions - like what the words actually mean?

There is no problem with being critical of something that's fine, but if you're making comments like muslim nutjob or comparing the Quaran to Mein Kampf like on this thread then you're being islamaphobic.
She is a nutjob though. And I never compared the quran to Mein Kampf, you either made that up or you're getting me confused with another poster. I said the quran has some awful verses in it, which it does.

I didn't compare the Quran to Mein Kampf, I said it shouldn't matter what book it's in if it's wrong you shouldn't follow it. You can replace "Mein Kampf" with "The Bible" if it helps you to see the point. Guessing you won't though.

You need to put yourself in the shoes of an LGBT person to understand. The Pride guernsey means a lot to the LGBT community both within and outside the AFL/W. Look back at the decades of discrimination the community has faced in this country and continues to face, and you'll see the importance the Pride movement has to people.

When homophobic cowards hide behind their religion to shy away from supporting the LGBT community to the point where they can't even wear a Pride guernsey, that just doesn't cut it in this day and age.

It sends an awful message to young LGBT people who will lose trust in elements of society, and sets a horrible precedent for what else people can do based on 'religious grounds'.
Why?

Are you going to put yourself in the shoes of a Muslim.

You refuse to look at both sides of the coin, and continue to discriminate against Zreika.

And you refuse to identify which actions of Zreika's are discriminatory, while repeatedly insulting Zreika and her religion.

She is a nutjob though. And I never compared the quran to Mein Kampf, you either made that up or you're getting me confused with another poster. I said the quran has some awful verses in it, which it does.
Some awful verse that have been generally moved on from as part of a different, more barbaric time. And yet there’s an issue with moving on from those regarding homosexuality. This why religion irks me. The way that they pick and choose what is right and wrong.

Some awful verse that have been generally moved on from as part of a different, more barbaric time. And yet there’s an issue with moving on from those regarding homosexuality. This why religion irks me. The way that they pick and choose what is right and wrong.
Every nation, society, tribe, village picks and chooses what is right and wrong.

This is called laws.

Islam hasn't changed the "laws" in the Quaron.

It's individuals who pick and choose what laws they follow in their community.

You want a religion that continually picks and chooses what is right and wrong, look to Christianity. You have hard liners like Citipoint and Born Again Christians who follow their interpretation of the Bible which "outlaws" homosexuality in their church. While other Christian churches embrace the LGBQT+ community.

Islam doesn't really pick and choose.

Every nation, society, tribe, village picks and chooses what is right and wrong.

This is called laws.

You want a religion that continually picks and chooses what is right and wrong, look to Christianity. You have hard liners like Citipoint and Born Again Christians who follow their interpretation of the Bible which "outlaws" homosexuality in their church. While other Christian churches embrace the LGBQT+ community.

You are correct, and this is why Islam isn't really compatible with Western liberal values.

Why?

Are you going to put yourself in the shoes of a Muslim.

You refuse to look at both sides of the coin, and continue to discriminate against Zreika.

And you refuse to identify which actions of Zreika's are discriminatory, while repeatedly insulting Zreika and her religion.
There's no need to put myself in the shoes of a Muslim here, as they aren't the victims. The victims are the LGBT community and those players in the AFLW who've had their safe space eroded by the actions of a homophobic individual.

There's no two sides of the coin when it comes to blatant homophobia.

This is called laws.

Probably could have worded that differently, as I think the point was missed. What I meant was, some things will be happily be changed (forced marriages, stoning) but others like accepting those that are different remain.

EDIT: You also seem to have assumed that changes in tradition are a bad thing. They’re not. We need to learn and grow as a people to be better /edit

And I’m well aware of the issues around Christianity.

Some interesting reading:
Points to the possibility that not only have passages been changed or removed. But that Allah approves it.

Answer to Is there any scientific evidence that the Quran has not been changed at all? by John Gould
Is there any scientific evidence that the Quran has not been changed at all?

Issues with the translation (which is always the case with texts translated across multiple languages and dialects across several hundreds of years.
The Syro-Aramaic Reading of the Koran - Wikipedia

And have been trying to get my head around the Syriac language, it seems that unlike Aramaic, it does have words that cover gender. However they tend more towards objects. He/him generally points towards the people, her generally refers to the kingdom.
Which would point to the two passages provided against homosexuality actually being against lustful relations, which makes sense when paired with other passages, no sex before marriage etc.

(All of this is based on about 4 days worth of research, and a lot of the source material and full language aren’t readily available, so may all be moot)

All of that is besides the point though, I’ve questioned the religion and beliefs, but feel I haven’t attacked. (If I have, make it known so I can learn from it)

The main issue here is that this not a topic that you can fence sit on. Islam has their stance, general society has a different one. Those of you saying that having no position on this topic is ok, is what the majority of the last few pages has been directed at.
But that, and the reasons why it is not ok, are a whole separate rant.

There's no need to put myself in the shoes of a Muslim here, as they aren't the victims. The victims are the LGBT community and those players in the AFLW who've had their safe space eroded by the actions of a homophobic individual.

You literally don't know what homophobia means.

You are correct, and this is why Islam isn't really compatible with Western liberal values.
I work with many Muslims, Christians (of many denominations), Hindu's, Atheists, Doaists, and a couple Buddhists (my workplace has over 5000 employees and is very multicultural).

My experiences are that good people are good people, regardless of religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation.

Oddly enough, the most prejudice I have witnessed has come from middle aged, anglo-saxon women.

I don't see a problem with Muslims co-existing within Australian culture. Most religions in Australia keep their beliefs within their churches, mosques or temples.

You (the LGBTQ+ community) are more likely to experience prejudice from the Christian right within the political spectrum, than any other section of society.

There's a large section of liberal western society that isn't very liberal at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably could have worded that differently, as I think the point was missed. What I meant was, some things will be happily be changed (forced marriages, stoning) but others like accepting those that are different remain.

EDIT: You also seem to have assumed that changes in tradition are a bad thing. They’re not. We need to learn and grow as a people to be better /edit

Points to the possibility that not only have passages been changed or removed. But that Allah approves it.

Answer to Is there any scientific evidence that the Quran has not been changed at all? by John Gould

Issues with the translation (which is always the case with texts translated across multiple languages and dialects across several hundreds of years.

And have been trying to get my head around the Syriac language, it seems that unlike Aramaic, it does have words that cover gender. However they tend more towards objects. He/him generally points towards the people, her generally refers to the kingdom.
Which would point to the two passages provided against homosexuality actually being against lustful relations, which makes sense when paired with other passages, no sex before marriage etc.

(All of this is based on about 4 days worth of research, and a lot of the source material and full language aren’t readily available, so may all be moot)

All of that is besides the point though, I’ve questioned the religion and beliefs, but feel I haven’t attacked. (If I have, make it known so I can learn from it)

The main issue here is that this not a topic that you can fence sit on. Islam has their stance, general society has a different one. Those of you saying that having no position on this topic is ok, is what the majority of the last few pages has been directed at.
You may have misconstrued me here. I don't see positive/progressive change as a bad thing. My commentary was more that Islam has much more held true to its' original tenants than Christianity (and Judaism).

Last edited:

This is the thing, I sport should be a safe place for everybody, and shouldn't be a safe have for one group to the exclusion of others.

Sport should be inclusive of all, but it shouldn't be put ahead of an individuals personal belief system.

I certainly don't see the LGBT community as a victim here.

Quite the opposite in fact, I see the hate and vilification of Zreika on here, and view her as much more the victim, if anything. Which is why I am speaking up.

Do I agree with her beliefs? No.

Should she be allowed her personal beliefs? Yes.

Should she be continually vilified in every single post you make? No.

It's great that the AFL celebrates Pride round (just as it celebrates Indigenous round and Cultural Diversity round). But the AFL isn't the exclusive safe place for the LGBT community?

Just on ancient languages and gender. Women in many cultures were largely viewed as property, so often times words for women when translated referred to them more as objects or chattel (personal possession/property).

This is the thing, I sport should be a safe place for everybody, and shouldn't be a safe have for one group to the exclusion of others.

Sport should be inclusive of all, but it shouldn't be put ahead of an individuals personal belief system.

I certainly don't see the LGBT community as a victim here.

Quite the opposite in fact, I see the hate and vilification of Zreika on here, and view her as much more the victim, if anything. Which is why I am speaking up.

Do I agree with her beliefs? No.

Should she be allowed her personal beliefs? Yes.

Should she be continually vilified in every single post you make? No.

It's great that the AFL celebrates Pride round (just as it celebrates Indigenous round and Cultural Diversity round). But the AFL isn't the exclusive safe place for the LGBT community?
Actions have consequences. If you display homophobic attitudes, you will be fairly and justifiably criticised.

Unfortunately your issue stems down to the fact that you're not mature enough to criticise a Muslim for their actions. This has long been a thorn in the side of the Left who gleefully criticise Christians, but shudder at the thought of criticising Muslims.

You think you are speaking up for her because there's 'hate and vilification' against her (there isn't), but all you're really doing is being an enabler for homophobia.

Actions have consequences. If you display homophobic attitudes, you will be fairly and justifiably criticised.

Unfortunately your issue stems down to the fact that you're not mature enough to criticise a Muslim for their actions. This has long been a thorn in the side of the Left who gleefully criticise Christians, but shudder at the thought of criticising Muslims.

You think you are speaking up for her because there's 'hate and vilification' against her (there isn't), but all you're really doing is being an enabler for homophobia.
The names you have called Zreika aren't vilification? It sure meets every definition of it.

I'll criticise someone if they warrant it.

Standing by ones principals, while not hurting anyone else doesn't deserve what you've served up.

Why don't you reach out to Zreika's team mates for some first hand perspective.

So..
the WBD vs FRE game on Tuesday.
This thread? (As the AFL consider it taking place in round 4)
Round 5 thread? (nice clean fresh air)
Or
Round 10 thread? (where the game is originally scheduled, and still appears on the match centre on the site/app)

Basically 4 games in 2 weeks (3 weekends) for the Freo girls, should get the job done tomorrow, but north may be a little tough .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back