NFL 2021/22 NFL Pro Bowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

Pro Bowl to use “spot and choose” for kickoffs at start of halves

Posted by Josh Alper on February 2, 2022, 3:55 PM EST

The Ravens proposed the “spot and choose” change to overtime procedures last year and it was not approved, but it could come up for discussion again this offseason and it will be getting a test run at this week’s Pro Bowl.

The NFL announced that “spot and choose” will be used at the start of both halves in the game. In the first half, the winner of the coin toss will either choose where to spot the ball or whether to start on offense or defense at a spot of the other team’s choosing. The spot will be chosen before either team decides on whether they’ll take possession.
In the second half, the loser of the coin flip will get the same option the winner enjoyed to start the game. There would be another coin toss should overtime be necessary, although we’re guessing everyone involved will go out of their way to make sure it won’t be necessary.
The last Pro Bowl in 2020 also eliminated kickoffs and gave teams the option of trying a 4th-and-15 play in lieu of an onside kick. If they didn’t take that option, the ball was automatically placed on the 25-yard-line of the receiving team.

That will remain the case after any scoring plays in this Sunday’s game.

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Man i use to love the pro bowl 20 years ago when i was alot younger and the game was in Hawaii. I always thought something should be riding on the game thou like MLB use to do winner of the all star game whoever won out of AL or NL got home field advantage in the world series so they would get 4 home games of 7 game series.

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
My idea was when they announced 17 games was they make a rivalry round like in the afl so an afc team would play an nfc team and which ever conference won the pro bowl would be the home team for the extra game.

My idea was rivalry round was try and get a yearly afc/nfc game going for each team like both new york and la teams play each other, Chicago plays Indianapolis, San Francisco vs raiders and so on.

Skills Showdown portion of the KirkBowl™ events;

• Precision Passing: Each conference's two quarterbacks and one non-quarterback will battle it out in a one-minute accuracy competition, as they attempt to hit as many targets as possible. New in 2022, the targets are attached to robotic dummies that are in motion across the event. After the buzzer sounds, the quarterbacks will get one last long-distance throw to earn bonus points.

• Thread the Needle: A one-minute head-to-head offense vs. defense accuracy challenge, as each conference's quarterbacks try to hit as many targets as possible while the opposing team's defensive backs work together to limit their success rate.

• Best Catch: New this year, two wide receivers from each conference will compete in a scored best catch competition, showing off their creativity, ingenuity and talent. From the use of props to guest appearances, the players can be as imaginative as they want to produce their best highlight reel receptions for a panel of celebrity judges.

• Fastest Man: An old-fashioned 40-yard sprint, two skill position players (wide receivers, running backs and defensive backs) from each team will compete for the title as the NFL's fastest player.

• Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball: In the grand finale, Pro Bowlers will compete in a classic game of dodgeball, with every member of each team participating. In a best of three series, the team with the last person on the court wins.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Skills Showdown portion of the KirkBowl™ events;

• Precision Passing: Each conference's two quarterbacks and one non-quarterback will battle it out in a one-minute accuracy competition, as they attempt to hit as many targets as possible. New in 2022, the targets are attached to robotic dummies that are in motion across the event. After the buzzer sounds, the quarterbacks will get one last long-distance throw to earn bonus points.
  • Thread the Needle: A one-minute head-to-head offense vs. defense accuracy challenge, as each conference's quarterbacks try to hit as many targets as possible while the opposing team's defensive backs work together to limit their success rate.

• Best Catch: New this year, two wide receivers from each conference will compete in a scored best catch competition, showing off their creativity, ingenuity and talent. From the use of props to guest appearances, the players can be as imaginative as they want to produce their best highlight reel receptions for a panel of celebrity judges.
  • Fastest Man: An old-fashioned 40-yard sprint, two skill position players (wide receivers, running backs and defensive backs) from each team will compete for the title as the NFL's fastest player.
  • Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball: In the grand finale, Pro Bowlers will compete in a classic game of dodgeball, with every member of each team participating. In a best of three series, the team with the last person on the court wins.
Who takes second place?

Who takes second place?

Chubb should be fresh cause we all know that he never runs the ball, Trevon been chasing after alot of fast guys that get by him. Maybe one of those two?

You can dress it anyway you want, try different comps/rules etc but no one will really care. I think it's enough just to select the teams...an honour for players to be selected. Feel the same way about AFL State of Origin..see no reason why they don't select state team each year without playing

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
You can dress it anyway you want, try different comps/rules etc but no one will really care. I think it's enough just to select the teams...an honour for players to be selected. Feel the same way about AFL State of Origin..see no reason why they don't select state team each year without playing
Will be interesting to see the spot and choose in action

Could be a surprise....some DB flying under the radar, also morstert had a lot of the fastest runs in previous year.

Pretty sure the guys in the tweet are the only competitiors and it has to be out of the squads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill > Diggs > Chubb > Parsons

It's already been won, though I guess I won't post if anyone local is planning to watch tonight ;)

Oh i am in a stupor

You would think a league once again in need of distractions would make it easier to watch around the world, but here we are.

Agree, absolutely should still be selected.

Eli Apple still living rent free in Hill's head after shutting him down last Sunday.

Questionable Character™ afraid to put in effort just incase he lost.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

NFL Pro Bowl Legends Help Plant Trees at Wetlands Park LV​

20220203_SUN_NFL_Wetlands_Cleanup_0007_t653.jpg

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
The full skills challenge show.....on live, so watch from beginning....

Do you or anybody else know if there's any ware to watch the skills challenge show? My son is keen to watch it but I doubt it's going to be easy to find out there.

Any ideas, does Kayo have it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back