Portland Trail Blazers Thread

I reckon Cov gets moved too.

Gone: CJ and Cov
Nurkic only if we get bigs back in the trades above
Unlikely - Powell

I had already shipped Cov out in my mind so forgot about him.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other than Dame CJ is the only contract worth a player of note in a swap.

Dame $40-50m forever
CJ $30-35m 2 more years
Nurkic/Roco $12m expiring
Nance $10m 1 more year
Simons $4m expiring

Any of these guys could be moved, but other than Simmons who is on the market that fills an area of need? Another Powell, RoCo, Nance etc. are at most going to be the difference between the play-in or an away seed in the first week of the playoffs.

Simons isn't a $4m player next season, how much is he worth the Blazers? Could move him now for value a la Trent Jr, but you'd need to attach contracts which would lower the return. If the Pacers blow it up maybe Sabonis/Turner could head to the Pacific NW?

Sacremento seem to be selling, but they don't have what Portland need. Boston aren't giving up Brown/Tatum, Tobias Harris won't make a difference etc.

Other than Dame CJ is the only contract worth a player of note in a swap.

Dame $40-50m forever
CJ $30-35m 2 more years
Nurkic/Roco $12m expiring
Nance $10m 1 more year
Simons $4m expiring

Any of these guys could be moved, but other than Simmons who is on the market that fills an area of need? Another Powell, RoCo, Nance etc. are at most going to be the difference between the play-in or an away seed in the first week of the playoffs.

Simons isn't a $4m player next season, how much is he worth the Blazers? Could move him now for value a la Trent Jr, but you'd need to attach contracts which would lower the return. If the Pacers blow it up maybe Sabonis/Turner could head to the Pacific NW?

Sacremento seem to be selling, but they don't have what Portland need. Boston aren't giving up Brown/Tatum, Tobias Harris won't make a difference etc.

No way they trade Simons, he's the whole reason that theyre finally trading CJ and is our only guaranteed young piece.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Getting rid of RoCo before his contract expires I get. Getting rid of Norm...?

I don't know much about Johnson other than he was a late first round pick, but Bledsoe offers nothing and Winslow hasn't done much for anyone for years.

The trade looks like one of those Bleacher Report mock trades that makes a team like LAC better at the expense of a team like Portland.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Getting rid of RoCo before his contract expires I get. Getting rid of Norm...?

I don't know much about Johnson other than he was a late first round pick, but Bledsoe offers nothing and Winslow hasn't done much for anyone for years.

The trade looks like one of those Bleacher Report mock trades that makes a team like LAC better at the expense of a team like Portland.
Well Bledsoe is only guaranteed 3m next season, not 19m, so that’s something.

Powell is a long term contract, which they probably don’t want on a team that’s rebuilding.

On one hand, roco is an expiring, on the other hand he’s pretty s***

Winslow is just a salary filler I imagine

Liked by CJ.

Our team is ****ed right now.

lj69hfw16jg81.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen a Blazers line up change so much in a week. Hopefully that extra cash can give us a run at a quality free agent - problem is they're mostly guards and we need forwards!

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Its a retool around Dame but I don't know how we avoid the same roster construction issues with Ant instead of CJ next to Dame. I think we might make another big trade using Bledsoe and satoransky's contracts and some picks. Grant and Randle have been mentioned as well as Simmons. Dame/Ant/Little/Someone/Nurkic?

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Blazers roster 22/23

Dame $42m
Bledsoe $19m non guaranteed ($4m guaranteed I believe)
Winslow $4m
Johnson $3m
Little $4m team option
Hart $13m non guaranteed
Alexander-Walker $5m team option
Louzada $2m
Brown III $1.5m

Nurkic FA - currently $12m a year
Simons RFA - I imagine will get a Lonzo Ball ish contract

So what's the plan? Build a young core around Dame? Looks like a lottery pick for the Blazers and a pick 10-15ish from the Pelicans.

As someone wanting to see the team get better it's disappointing to see RoCo, Norm and CJ gone and no one coming back the other way to really get excited about but the roster flexibility has changed significantly.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Its a retool around Dame but I don't know how we avoid the same roster construction issues with Ant instead of CJ next to Dame. I think we might make another big trade using Bledsoe and satoransky's contracts and some picks. Grant and Randle have been mentioned as well as Simmons. Dame/Ant/Little/Someone/Nurkic?

Simmons is probably never happening without Dame, and it didn't happen with CJ. Pass. Daryl Morey is fixated on getting 33 year old beardface so good luck to him.

Grant and Randle are good but not great players. Grant is on $20m for next year so is a potential trade with picks and cap filler, Randle is locked in for 4 more years with a $29m player option at the end of that. Nuggets Grant and 2021 playoffs Randle is what you are really getting for the price. If Portland could somehow get both the team would look good but I don't think that's possible.

Dame and Ant is a potential 40-50 point a game back court but question marks over the front court at both ends. Would love to get Myles Turner.

Simmons is probably never happening without Dame, and it didn't happen with CJ. Pass. Daryl Morey is fixated on getting 33 year old beardface so good luck to him.

Grant and Randle are good but not great players. Grant is on $20m for next year so is a potential trade with picks and cap filler, Randle is locked in for 4 more years with a $29m player option at the end of that. Nuggets Grant and 2021 playoffs Randle is what you are really getting for the price. If Portland could somehow get both the team would look good but I don't think that's possible.

Dame and Ant is a potential 40-50 point a game back court but question marks over the front court at both ends. Would love to get Myles Turner.

The problem with Ant and Dame backcourt is it’s essentially similar to CJ and Dame - but with less playmaking ability from Ant compared to CJ and I would say comparable or even worse defence.

Ideally Ant would come off the bench and we get a bigger 2 who can D up and shoot the 3. Ideally an elite wing and then an upgrade at C.

I just don’t think it’s achievable though

I reckon Ayton may be your man

Same.

I think Ayton and Bridges and hopefully a top 3 pick makes the most sense. I could also see both teams matching our max offer so then we're screwed for options really.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The problem with Ant and Dame backcourt is it’s essentially similar to CJ and Dame - but with less playmaking ability from Ant compared to CJ and I would say comparable or even worse defence.

Ideally Ant would come off the bench and we get a bigger 2 who can D up and shoot the 3. Ideally an elite wing and then an upgrade at C.

I just don’t think it’s achievable though

Dame is 32 this year, Ant 23. It's a bit of an each way bet that when Dame retires Ant will be the next Dame. If not for both CJ and Norm being traded I did wonder whether they would consider doing a sign and trade with Ant in the off season. $20m Ant + Bledsoe + picks gives you good value and salary to play with.

Bledsoe was a good defender and a decent scorer 5 years ago, but I doubt he will get back to anything better than he was at the Pelicans.

I'm not 100% convinced there isn't a Dame trade on the horizon. Not in the next two days but end of season.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
The thing about going after Ayton is that we most likely just let Nurk walk if we're doing that. Depending on what Nurk's gonna cost, we are probably better off sticking with him and spending our money on a forward instead.

Nurk only plays like 25 mins a game anyway. He would be great off the bench if he is affordable like that.

Him and Dame are extremely close. I think I read that Nurk is the godfather to Dame's kids?

Would be great to keep him and get Ayton if possible.

Back