warriors damon GIF

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
As if we don't have enough problems up front.
🤬
Does anybody know if Callaghan can play forward for the first 5 rounds, or is he injured or not suited to being a medium forward (if he is injured or has had an apparently shortened pre season he might not be fit enough to play at the AFL level until i am guessing round 4 or so at least).

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
* *ity * *

Stone would seem to be most likely now, and Daniel's absence perhaps opens up a chance for someone like de Boer to push for a spot as a pressure forward ... or Lloyd keep a spot with his goalkicking skills. A few others could also be used as a stop gap with differing skills, depending on how Leon chooses to construct the forward line now. Perhaps Peatling as a pressure forward - can he kick goals?

Seems to always be the way every year - when we lose someone for one reason (retirement, off season trade, major injury etc) we then lose someone else in the same line to compound issues.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
XOH a potential option too?
Has the speed to do the job ... a little bigger than Binga so a slightly different attribute ... Binga not a noted goalkicker so if XOH could show some ability there he could definitely be an option.

I guess the biggest issue for Leon is that there are so many concurrent questions about the forward line - Hogan injury prone, who is the third forward after HH or do we only go for 2 forwards, does he have a resting ruck forward, is Bobby motivated to do the job, who replaces Greene?

s**t, it makes my head ache!

Has the speed to do the job ... a little bigger than Binga so a slightly different attribute ... Binga not a noted goalkicker so if XOH could show some ability there he could definitely be an option.

I guess the biggest issue for Leon is that there are so many concurrent questions about the forward line - Hogan injury prone, who is the third forward after HH or do we only go for 2 forwards, does he have a resting ruck forward, is Bobby motivated to do the job, who replaces Greene?

sh*t, it makes my head ache!
Riccardi would be the third tall forward or the 2nd tall when Hogan of HH are out

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Riccardi would be the third tall forward or the 2nd tall when Hogan of HH are out
The recent article quoting Leon about the forward set-up indicates to me he hasn't made his mind up yet. Could be Riccardi, Brander, or one of the resting rucks - I don't think we can definitely say what his plan is at this point.

Or do you have some inside info?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
On Finn's appearance on the giants new podcast series he said he's still in rehab. Seems to be the same foot injury that was bothering him last year and he's yet to fully recover from it, hasn't had the chance to do some running either which is a worry.

Last edited:
Stone had a few hamstring issues last year too.

I knew athleticism was one of his strengths when we drafted him but his explosiveness is actually the surprise for me last season. I really hope his hamstring issues don't hamper any of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back