News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm going to go with no given we had orange, camo, light blue checkers, pinstripe, and then the same thing two years in a row because Canterbury either chucked the shits or had too much stock left over from the year before.

I hope we get a decent ******* hoodie this year. And would it kill them to bring out some trackie dacks again...been a few years now.

Apr 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC - MVFC - Socceroos.
Do we make much from merchandise sales historically?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Id say if the deal is anything like with soccer apparel deals they basically hand over a license to Puma who then in turn make profits. The club can use those profits as a basis for demanding more sponsorship money. But then NMFC have said please buy from the club store so profits stay with the club so who knows

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Do you mean before covid?

In 2018 we made $800k+ from merch, in 2020 we made less than $500k. About a quarter of what the club earned from membership.
Yeah. Was curious to know what we were missing out on at the moment. You can still buy guernseys but there is basically nothing after that.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Id say if the deal is anything like with soccer apparel deals they basically hand over a license to Puma who then in turn make profits. The club can use those profits as a basis for demanding more sponsorship money. But then NMFC have said please buy from the club store so profits stay with the club so who knows

That scenario still works if the club just takes what the retailer (not manufacturer) would've otherwise earned.

images (31).jpeg

Tbh I'm quite looking forward to seeing some North Melbourne inspired trainers available from Puma.

Blue and white kangaroos themed Puma suedes ? Delicious.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No. It's pretty desolate in the Roo Shop. fu** all new stuff, some old stuff marked down.

I just want a photo of Jason in a North jumper on the Website.

You’d think we’d want to promote our greatest marketing tool in 20 years.

Speaking of the Roo Shop received my 3 JHF tins with the limited signed guernseys. Was sent in a soft plastic bag so all the tins were damaged the jumpers didn’t have numbers on the back . Sent a few emails about rectifying the issues this was my response
1644354939174.jpeg
Great service won’t be buying anything with them again , and used to buy a bit to support the club.

Speaking of the Roo Shop received my 3 JHF tins with the limited signed guernseys. Was sent in a soft plastic bag so all the tins were damaged the jumpers didn’t have numbers on the back . Sent a few emails about rectifying the issues this was my response View attachment 1324548Great service won’t be buying anything with them again , and used to buy a bit to support the club.
Thats a shame - I've had nothing but good experiences with the rooshop. You should push to get this fixed though - that sucks.

Back