Best beer garden?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last weekend I believe I visited what is quite possibly the best beer garden, at least in Victoria - the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Trentham. For those who don’t know, Trentham is a small town not far from Daylesford. It punches above its weight and has a few top class restaurants and Red Beard bakery.

But back to the Cosmo beer garden! The duty manager told us on arrival, “we think it’s the best beer garden”. He wasn’t exaggerating. It is a large garden almost entirely covered by the canopies of very large old trees. It also has a wood fired pizza oven.

F2C7D21D-245F-422E-B9C4-37BD96091732.jpeg

What are some of the other great beer gardens?

Wow. That's pretty special!
I went there in March 20 just before coronavirus ran amuck

A mate at work told me to go up to Mt Tamborine for the day from the Gold Coast (was about a 45 minutes drive)

We drove past this pub when we were leaving and I said to my wife lets stop in for a beer as this place looks like an old English pub. When we went in I was a bit disappointed but then when we walked out to the beer garden I was ******* amazed. If this view was in Thailand or somewhere it would be posted all over social media

I went there in March 20 just before coronavirus ran amuck

A mate at work told me to go up to Mt Tamborine for the day from the Gold Coast (was about a 45 minutes drive)

We drove past this pub when we were leaving and I said to my wife lets stop in for a beer as this place looks like an old English pub. When we went in I was a bit disappointed but then when we walked out to the beer garden I was ******* amazed. If this view was in Thailand or somewhere it would be posted all over social media
Do yourself a favour and visit the Cosmo in Trentham. It doesn't have the views of Mt Tambourine but the setting is idyllic and highly conducive to consuming a few ales

Do yourself a favour and visit the Cosmo in Trentham. It doesn't have the views of Mt Tambourine but the setting is idyllic and highly conducive to consuming a few ales
You know its funny, I went to go there a year or two back after being up in Castlemaine but they were closed that day. So I ended up going out to the Pig & Whistle which is half way between Trentham and Woodend.

Great little pub in literally the middle of nowhere, beer garden is ok

I will get up to Trentham at some stage this month and have a look!

i must head up to that one at Mt Tamborine
mate it will blow your mind. These pics don't do it justice tbh

They have a couple of St Bernard dogs there too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i do like it up there, dont go often enough given how close it is
It is bloody amazing up there. I have been to the Gold Coast 10-15 times over the years but had never been there until 2 years ago on the recommendation of a guy from work. Honestly it is a place that blew me away and if it wasn't for work/kids ext I could really see myself living

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Last weekend I believe I visited what is quite possibly the best beer garden, at least in Victoria - the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Trentham. For those who don’t know, Trentham is a small town not far from Daylesford. It punches above its weight and has a few top class restaurants and Red Beard bakery.

But back to the Cosmo beer garden! The duty manager told us on arrival, “we think it’s the best beer garden”. He wasn’t exaggerating. It is a large garden almost entirely covered by the canopies of very large old trees. It also has a wood fired pizza oven.

View attachment 1317807

What are some of the other great beer gardens?
Its a beauty . I have clients in Daylesford so a I pop in around one a month on the way back .

Always worth it 👍

I got to get up to the Cosmopolitan in Trentham on Saturday.

Awesome pub. Beer garden was great although it was freezing. Loved the inside of the pub too

Would recommend

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Some very good ones in inner Sydney. The Oaks, The Newport and the Courthouse spring to mind.

Hands down the best ever was the Cottesloe Hotel circa 2004-2010 on a Sunday. Under the big tree up on the Astro turf was a legendary place to be for the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back