Rumour Goodwin under close scrutiny

Remove this Banner Ad

It comes after shock claims emerged on Tuesday that Melbourne considered sacking Goodwin ahead of its premiership season over an investigation into accusations spanning from 2018 to 2011 surrounding gambling and bullying the club doctor, accusations since denied by the club.
Was Goodwin bullying the doctor while he was working at Essendon?

Nothing in that, just some robust feedback is all, it's a high-performance environment elite sports. Can't be ******* around.

Sounds like my last conversation with the au pair.
If the doctor wants to take minor legal action against Goodwin and the club he definitely has a case. Give him a settlement and call it a day. Not worth losing sleep over.

If the doctor wants to take minor legal action against Goodwin and the club he definitely has a case. Give him a settlement and call it a day. Not worth losing sleep over.
This has already happened.

Was Goodwin bullying the doctor while he was working at Essendon?

I had my own bullying experience with Simon Goodwin, still suffer to this day.

I saw Goodwin at a grocery store in Melbourne a few weeks ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Made me feel very uncomfortable.

I had my own bullying experience with Simon Goodwin, still suffer to this day.

I saw Goodwin at a grocery store in Melbourne a few weeks ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Made me feel very uncomfortable.
Never gets old this one.

Anyone know who it was originally about?

Goodwin has always come across like a smug prick with a really punchable face when he smirks (waiting for a meme), but as long as the Demons are getting results, their club and fans won't really give a s**t.

It's only if performance drops off that this noise starts to become a distraction. E.g. when there was the reports around the Hardwick marriage split in 2020, we didn't give two shits because we were about to win our third flag in 4 years.

Fast forward 2021, and that same story would have been hammed up as the demise of the coach and blah blah blah.

If Goodwin keeps winning, this is a non issue. If the Demons decline post premiership, then this will be brought up as a "distraction" that impacted the club and focus of the coaches and players.

TLDR: Winning football games solves everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha if that is bullying then this world is f’ed

View attachment 1324624

Sounds like robust feedback to an employee who isn't meting their deadlines
If only it was that easy. Some orthopedic surgeons won't operate on ACL's for a week. Just because you're an AFL player doesn't give you cred to jump the surgical queue for elective surgery.

I think just about every successful coach in the history of sport could have 'bullying' allegations levelled against them...
The gambling/drinking could be a problem, but it's only a problem when it starts becoming one, and his team just won the flag, so...?

I think not taking concussion symptoms seriously and the pressuring a Dr into letting a bloke play or train with concussion symptoms is a bigger story than the swearing at and 'bullying' of the Doc.
The thing is I don't remember Brayshaw missing any footy with concussion in 2020. He missed the last 2-3 games with a foot injury

If only it was that easy. Some orthopedic surgeons won't operate on ACL's for a week. Just because you're an AFL player doesn't give you cred to jump the surgical queue for elective surgery.
No one went in for surgery on an ACL

Yep, just also read the doc had no interest in this becoming public, it's all the media digging up the public legal documents.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Potential employers would likely flag anyone who has sued a former employer regardless of the legitimacy of their claims. Not to mention the s**t you'd cop from rabid supporters of a football club.

There is a board election coming up though so it wouldn't surprise me if it was leaked by someone looking to upset the board.

Sounds like an entitled person who thinks he deserves special treatment.
haha bullshit

Sounds like a coach who wants s**t done now. I would expect every other AFL coach would be the same way

I'd expect most to operate with a bit more respect.

The fact that this has come out as a story should indicate that it's not the norm.
Disgruntled ex employee. FFS he was the doctor when we had a huge injury list, no coincidence that once he leaves it goes down

It's common knowledge that all clubs have their players straight in for surgery once the season finishes

hahaha if that is bullying then this world is f’ed

View attachment 1324624

Sounds like robust feedback to an employee who isn't meting their deadlines
Slightly off topic but the above is a good argument for an AFL funded doctor at each club. It's hard to believe that concussion protocols are all that we're assured they are if club officials are prepared to pressure medical staff like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back