Discussion State League Guernseys

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
Interesting about the black shorts - I did not know that. Re the shorts, you're the Centrals fan so what you say goes. My preference though would be for blue shorts home and white shorts away (perhaps blue v NA). I'd be partial to the odd use of red shorts too - against Sturt & WWT perhaps!

I don't mind the blue shorts but prefer the white shorts. My feeling is that blue shorts will be reintroduced, if so blue away against NA.
I like your point about occasional red shorts. There isn't a clash as such against Sturt but it is difficult to distinguish the teams. There needs to be more of a contrast and red shorts would really help separate the teams. Possibly against WWT as well but not necessary.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Looks like New Balance didn't last long
1637564989956.png

Yatmax

Channel your inner Mark Zanotti
Sep 13, 2016
Adelaide, SA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coburg
Probably the best thread for this question, but does anyone know what the history is behind the Coburg logo that shows on the scoreboard graphic in the video below. Never seen it anywhere until now and I'm curious how long it was used?

Oct 8, 2004
Woodside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Eagles(SANFL)

I don’t think this is correct. Not sure West Torrens ever had a predominantly gold guernsey, despite old black & white images looking like the colours were inversed. The changes to the 1912 guernsey and then again in 1923 is described as gold bands in these articles.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
I don’t think this is correct. Not sure West Torrens ever had a predominantly gold guernsey, despite old black & white images looking like the colours were inversed. The changes to the 1912 guernsey and then again in 1923 is described as gold bands in these articles.

Fixed

jroam82

Team Captain
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So is the mens league, statewide super and host plus are merging so looks like host plus is stepping up

Yeah - the West Adelaide heritage guernsey preorder accidentally leaked this a few weeks ago with the guernsey render and then it got covered up within a few hours.

jroam82

Team Captain
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any good?
If you like pink and white hoops - then yeah, it's alright.

I don't mind it for something different. Could've been better if they'd monochromed all the sponsors and not put the current (awful) logo on it. Still had to buy one though.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Probably the best thread for this question, but does anyone know what the history is behind the Coburg logo that shows on the scoreboard graphic in the video below. Never seen it anywhere until now and I'm curious how long it was used?

I've seen this tiger image before, but i don't know the history of the actual logo. Maybe they were forced to grab a different specifically for this game as both teams had the then-Richmond logo as theirs specifically for this match?

Here is the tiger basically exactly, so i'd go out on a limb and say they maybe just took the shape and found a tiger that was different. Of note as well is that the left side (on the original tigers logo) would have been the side of the tigers head. It looks like they didn't know what to do with it so they just coloured it in yellow as it was blank space given the placement of the tiger.

a325be486e5fa18946b95cce5bc7e386.jpg
vs
1644071370873.png

Aug 13, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
To me the crows logo looks like a recoloured version of the one on top of the club crest/monogram which has been on the back of the neck of the crows sanfl jumper since 2015

p_832790_ori.jpg

Which is different to the Piping shrike

1920px-Flag_of_South_Australia.svg.png
Did we just flip the piping shrike (a magpie) and recolour it?

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
Based on todays VFLW game and the season launch yesterday, I'm guessing Port Melbourne aren't going to change anything from last season.

Back