Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
fu** me. I was following the case for a while but must have missed that. It can't be said enough that BRE was a seriously sick human

I think you'll find that we kept discussion of this in the Bunker thread.

You'll not feel so bad about not knowing this, when you find out when and how it came to light, and where it wasn't reported (if I am recalling correctly).

Last edited:
fu** me. I was following the case for a while but must have missed that. It can't be said enough that BRE was a seriously sick human

We'd heard the rumours that started with a 'someone' visiting Ciara's gravesite. At the time of course we didn't know it was BRE but the rumours then inserted Romuald Zak who worked with Ciara as being spotted at her gravesite. Romuald Zak later committed suicide.

When the truth came out, that it was BRE who went there to leave Ciara's underwear it was made even a bit more uncomfortable to talk about because at one point he had company.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
We'd heard the rumours that started with a 'someone' visiting Ciara's gravesite. At the time of course we didn't know it was BRE but the rumours then inserted Romuald Zak who worked with Ciara as being spotted at her gravesite. Romuald Zak later committed suicide.

When the truth came out, that it was BRE who went there to leave Ciara's underwear it was made even a bit more uncomfortable to talk about because at one point he had company.

Sorry Kurve, haven't kept up with details of this case as much as others, but Murdoch Uni forensic and criminology experts have this on the uni website
(had seen this page a while ago, didn't connect the name with the Claremont case at the time though):

1642734970755.png

The article is from 2020, so you may have more up-to-date info?

Sorry Kurve, haven't kept up with details of this case as much as others, but Murdoch Uni forensic and criminology experts have this on the uni website
(had seen this page a while ago, didn't connect the name with the Claremont case at the time though):

View attachment 1314162

It was a really curious case, there's a webpage I think you might find the link to in here with some pretty graphic but interesting files.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
It was a really curious case, there's a webpage I think you might find the link to in here that has some pretty graphic but interesting files.

Cheers, thanks Kurve. I did just do a quick sweep through that thread, but noticed the last post was from March 2019, so the Murdoch Uni page is more recent. I'll have a better read through the whole thread in due course.

Cheers, thanks Kurve. I did just do a quick sweep through that thread, but noticed the last post was from March 2019, so the Murdoch Uni page is more recent. I'll have a better read through the whole thread in due course.

Quite a bit had to be removed out of there for one reason or another. I'll have a look at the Murdoch Uni page, it might have the 'hospital files' anyway.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Quite a bit had to be removed out of there for one reason or another. I'll have a look at the Murdoch Uni page, it might have the 'hospital files' anyway.

Thanks - I just started trying to read the dedicated Zak thread - that first page is a bit of a doozy, hope it gets better! (I'd hate to see what was removed. :))

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

View attachment 1314162

The article may be from December 2020 but it links back to a PerthNow story from 2007

Your Murdoch link is a recruitment advert.

insanity

Senior List
Feb 10, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nobody knows who it was or if they do, they're not saying but the implication was that he was with another female.

OMG.Where was this mentioned? It rings a bell but only just. Was it to do with being on a date or something.

OMG.Where was this mentioned? It rings a bell but only just. Was it to do with being on a date or something.

Iirc it was in Bret Christian's book and as per mrskafoops post back a bit but the possibility that the killer had visited the victims gravesites was hinted at in The Devil's Garden by Debi Marshall so that might have been information Debi had received confidentially and couldn't directly go to print with.

mcpharlap

Senior List
Jun 15, 2005
perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle. Q.P.R
Just finished Stalking claremont. I wish it did not have to be written but it is a detailed very well written book. My heart Broke again for Lisa , Sarah, Jane and Ciara's families as well of course do all the other victims. The convicted killer is a monster, I hate every part of him. I do have a new level of empathy for LW And PW Along with SR. Can't imagine how it would feel with all the accusations thrown at these men. Really hope one day Sarah's remains are found although I guess it's unlikely as 26 years have passed and even more unlikely the convicted Killer comes clean and I don't think he will ever admit his guilt being the CSK . I would suggest that if you haven't read this book it is well worth a read. Will go back and read people view's and thoughts as am still a newbie when it comes to online forums.

megadeth86

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
People were writing about hoping that a drama or doco would be in good taste. The Colin Pitchfork dramatization is quite effective and well done (he murdered two teenage girls in rural Leicestershire in the mid-1980s and was caught by DNA). I saw the documentary first before reading the book The Blooding by Joseph Wambaugh and details were very consistent across both sources.

I saw the documentary first before reading the book The Blooding by Joseph Wambaugh and details were very consistent across both sources.

That brings back good memories of sitting waiting on the step for a ride home from my grandies bookstore with a pile of books to take home and read. The Blooding by Wambaugh was in it as one of the first crime books I'd read.

megadeth86

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
That brings back good memories of sitting waiting on the step for a ride home from my grandies bookstore with a pile of books to take home and read. The Blooding by Wambaugh was in it as one of the first crime books I'd read.

I'm 95% through reading it - it really makes you sad as it recounts Pitchfork describing the murders in detail in his police interviews.

Did you know Pitchfork got released on parole and then was put back in prison after he had been seen trying to talk to women in their early-20s?

Back