Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if just me but I am a little bit concerned at how underdone our tall and medium forwards are.

Yeah it’s tough to tell how good they are going. So difficult to decide what underdone means these days..it used to mean you were a bit fat coming back from Bali after Christmas. Nowadays??

There might be a correlation worldwide with elite standards during the week leading to elite standards during the weekend games.
It might just be a non-vicious circle, like "survival of the fittest." Everywhere we see the stupid, weak and maladapted, so what does it mean? Really only that survivors survive.

There are plenty of blokes absolutely working their stinkers off on the track, weighing their air, making sweet love to elite standards, but they are just maximising minimal talent. Conversely, history is littered with examples of elite players who were godless freaks off the paddock and even on the track.

That a goodly percentage of the top end - especially the older portion - are excellent at preparation is no surprise. It has helped them survive. Being talented has also made them survive. Nothing more career limiting than being a bit s**t.

It might just be a non-vicious circle, like "survival of the fittest." Everywhere we see the stupid, weak and maladapted, so what does it mean? Really only that survivors survive.

There are plenty of blokes absolutely working their stinkers off on the track, weighing their air, making sweet love to elite standards, but they are just maximising minimal talent. Conversely, history is littered with examples of elite players who were godless freaks off the paddock and even on the track.

That a goodly percentage of the top end - especially the older portion - are excellent at preparation is no surprise. It has helped them survive. Being talented has also made them survive. Nothing more career limiting than being a bit sh*t.

I agree. And I mean no offense to any third party reading this but if you're short, lazy or untalented your time at the elite level is going to be short.

A player we recruited locally last year to me could be one who will have a big impact on the team this year.
He doesn't have the "Do" that others do. He is not ripped and full of muscle like many others.
He doesn't seem to stand out from the crowd, but has a good football brain.
was injured for quite some time last season. But seems to be getting through well so far this season.
He was in the process of being tried on a wing for Peel before injury struck.
I refer to Nathan O'Driscoll. I reckon he could be a diamond in the rough. A player with football nous. Works hard and has talent.
Look out for Noddy as the season progresses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the posters here has a brother that took a five for in the ashes just gone.
I play cricket with the poster whose brother took a five for in the Ashes just gone. I’ve practically represented Australia

Digressing slightly here so apologies. I received the new Harbourmaster Soft Shell Jacket in the mail yesterday. Nice bit of merch that makes my preseason complete! Now let's get the season started with games we actually get to go to like last year!

I gave a bed to one of my neighbors in the apartments I live in over the weekend. We hadn’t met before I just offered the bed in our apartment Facebook group & she turned up. She saw my dockers stuff & said oh my cousin is their coach! JL. Hoping for some good goss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So technically you've shared a bed with JLo's cousin? That is good goss right there already

I gave a bed to one of my neighbors in the apartments I live in over the weekend. We hadn’t met before I just offered the bed in our apartment Facebook group & she turned up. She saw my dockers stuff & said oh my cousin is their coach! JL. Hoping for some good goss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was she hot ? :)

Is it just me or has JL improved alot in his pressers.... "clearly" doesnt seem to exist in his choice of words anymore...clearly.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has JL improved alot in his pressers.... "clearly" doesnt seem to exist in his choice of words anymore...clearly.

I love how bullish he is on Switta

Training report - 15/02
Went down and had a quick look at training today in pretty warm conditions. Lots of match sim work with big numbers on the track and impressive skills display by a number of players.

Aish, Big Kahuna, Walker, Fyfe , Mundy, Amiss and Sturt all participating in all exercises and match sim. Worner also making an appearance and didn’t look out of place, couple of solid tackles and one 40 metre pass to lobb through traffic was insane. Anyways looks an athlete and can football-quick and deceptively tall -a lot to like.other random thoughts on players.

Fyfe-great to see him out there although a little rusty with some ordinary kicking but will obviously improve.

Mundy -resumed training seamlessly-linked up nicely with Liam Henry a couple of times and looks set to play a prominent role again this year. Serong looks like he will go to another level this year -was in everything, very vocal and some tidy disposals. Brayshaw always gives a 110%, has improved disposal by the looks and tackles with intent.

The backline is going to be impossible to pick with a number of standouts-Clarke is in everything and his kicking will be a weapon, TTHD award for me. Close second would have to be Chapman-man this guy is gonna be a jet. Makes great decisions, reads the play well, great mark and even better kick-was slotting goals from outside fifty with ease. Liam Henry looks to have filled out big time and has a touch of magic-hopefully cements a spot this year. Tracey-great to see the big fella out there ,was moving well, couple of nice grabs in the match sim and strong tackling on display. Aish looked to be fully recovered and got involved. Frederick looks really fit and will have a good year I reckon. Walker trained really well with a number of beautiful lace out passes and speed to burn. Logie was solid and hard to see him not in the 22. Going to have a lot better depth this year with guys like Crowden, Hughes, Acres, Banfield, Weston, Meek waiting in the wings.

I have never seen Alex Pearce in better nick and he will make a huge difference if he can stay on the park-a real general down back. Erasmus continues to impress with his competiveness, ball use and dedication (along with Fyfe) the last off the track. Shultz in and out of training but mostly in!!looks fine.

Overall almost whole squad doing majority of drills. Rehab was sonny doing heaps of work, pretty sure been very conservative with him ,running at pace kicking over distance -no drama. Benning pumping out laps and no sign of Tucker.

Last edited by a moderator:

What I loved hearing from that was Crowden going into the middle. From the first time I saw his draft vid I thought he'd be great in the middle. I hope he gets a solid run through there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back