• Luke McDonald

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 81 51.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t we have this exchange already a few posts up saying how it’s relevant to the thread I created
You were just beating your meat drum.

The point remains - nobody gives a s**t about what other teams are doing with their captaincy.

I feel like if it was to be relatively unchanged then it would have been announced already. We could be positioning ourselves as the last club to announce it to get a clear run with media coverage if it is to be a 'big' change.

I feel like if it was to be relatively unchanged then it would have been announced already. We could be positioning ourselves as the last club to announce it to get a clear run with media coverage if it is to be a 'big' change.
fair call - they might already know as I can’t imagine it takes that long to count up player votes and then coaches along with whatever process they run to decide

fair call - they might already know as I can’t imagine it takes that long to count up player votes and then coaches along with whatever process they run to decide
yeah and the article uploaded here recently (interview to DN) mentions the team (an external agency if I recall correctly) used to help identify leadership, proceeding to provide a long list of younger and potential leaders - essentially vindicating their incoming decision.

I'm speculating, but this is what we are all here for~

yeah and the article uploaded here recently (interview to DN) mentions the team (an external agency if I recall correctly) used to help identify leadership, proceeding to provide a long list of younger and potential leaders - essentially vindicating their incoming decision.

I'm speculating, but this is what we are all here for~
damn, how wrong I was lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. I do.

Lonely Ghost Town GIF

Really, does every team have to announce their captain every year when it's basically 'No Change'. I get the media depts need to keep busy, but come on. As if they'd announce anyone else other than the incumbent without the incumbent announcing he was stepping down first.

Yeah. I do.

Lonely Ghost Town GIF

Really, does every team have to announce their captain every year when it's basically 'No Change'. I get the media depts need to keep busy, but come on. As if they'd announce anyone else other than the incumbent without the incumbent announcing he was stepping down first.

Oh bah humbug MM.

Congrats to Jack et al. Still wonder if we're stretching the handover a tad longer than optimum but don't begrudge Jack the position, a ripper guy.

Funny how Goldie has never found himself near the leadership group.

One more year under Jy's belt will do him a world of good IMO.

Back to Back BnF's, turning 25 - 2023 is the year.

With the uncertainty around how much improvement we are going to make in 2022, I am glad we are being led by Jack.

I'm sure there will be some "why not Jy NOW!" commentary, but you can guarantee if he was ready, he would be captaining us in 2022. The players/coaches likely think he needs another year, which makes perfect sense.

One more year under Jy's belt will do him a world of good IMO.

Back to Back BnF's, turning 25 - 2023 is the year.

With the uncertainty around how much improvement we are going to make in 2022, I am glad we are being led by Jack.

I'm sure there will be some "why not Jy NOW!" commentary, but you can guarantee if he was ready, he would be captaining us in 2022. The players/coaches likely think he needs another year, which makes perfect sense.

Agree. And am always at pains to make it clear this has nothing been anything against Jack.

It's all about timing and Jy looking like he could set the tone for a new era from right now. Whether it was Wayne Carey, Adam Simpson or Andrew Swallow, there came a time when it felt the feng shui of the club needed a shift to get on a more successful trajectory and I felt that time is now.

But as I inferred no shouting at clouds here. Have nothing but positive things to say about Jack both from what's observed from afar and what I'm aware of from more direct channels.

Well done to Aiden Corr, a nice show of confidence to get into the leadership group after racking up a total of 2 games so far, will provide the backine especially what we have lost with Taz's departure
Couldn't agree more. A gun bloke and a great show of faith in his capabilities.

Back