Competition Perth Suburban Football League - Preseason Announcement and Signups Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Suburban Footy is back in 2022, and this time we've gone out west!

LwldD5f.jpg

The PSFL will be a league based football design competition. The competition structure will consist of a single round robin followed by finals, with the twist in this one being that you can revise your entry at any time during the competition.

Entrants will create a logo and uniform for a brand new suburban football club based in the Perth metropolitan area. The club may be based anywhere in that defined area but must not share a name with a current or former AFL or SANFL club.

Entrants will design and submit 1 football uniform for their created club, and submit 2 images, one with coloured shorts for home games and one with white shorts for away games.

j67y5QF.png

The only design criteria for the uniform is that it must have the league logo on the right chest, and a number on the back. The black section of the league logo may be recoloured as desired but the red ball must stay red. Sponsor placement is entirely up to the designer and I encourage you to be creative.

As per last season, I don't require you to display every part of the kit. The front of the guernsey must be displayed, and enough of the shorts to display whether they are home or away shorts. How much or how little you display within that scope is up to you. I'm hoping like with other recent comps, this will allow people a bit more freedom in terms of presentation. I'll also accept videos in place of an image if you'd like.

The fun part of this competition is that you may redesign and resubmit your designs as many times as you desire between rounds, up to and including the Grand Final. Your club name, nickname and general colours are locked in, but everything else may change. Template, logo, design, presentation, sponsors, anything. You can also revert to a previous design at your discretion.

I've kept it to a single design to encourage people to resubmit as often as possible to keep their creative juices flowing. You might like to submit a 1 week special event guernsey, or you might make some template improvements, or you might change absolutely everything to try to claw your way back into the race. You might even have a big game against a quality opponent and redesign purely for the freshness votes. Last year we had an Ochre-off, so feel free to plan special event guernseys with certain opponents if you like (i'm looking at you, Schwab twins). I'll get a fixture out as early as possible to facilitate this sort of stuff.

Please submit your team proposals in this thread. They are all automatically accepted provided they are within the Adelaide metropolitan area. I'm not really fussed if we have 2 teams in the same place, just as long as they aren't named after current or former AFL or SANFL teams.

I'm aiming to kick this one off in early April, so please have your entry submitted by the end of Sunday 3rd of April 2022.

Please submit your team proposals in this thread. They are all automatically accepted provided they are within the Adelaide metropolitan area. I'm not really fussed if we have 2 teams in the same place, just as long as they aren't named after current or former AFL or SANFL teams.

I for one am all for Adelaide Suburban Football Round 2.

I'll be in, but will also need a map like what Craegus is asking for before settling on an identity.

EDIT: Applecross Quokkas.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Rottnest Island count as part of Perth?

I'm going to say no, because it's not really reasonable that a suburban footy team would commute from there every Saturday. Also we get Rottnest Island teams all the time on this board and it's a small island with about 300 permanent residents.

El_Scorcho Can we get a map or border description of the area that clubs can be located in for those who have no idea of the Perth region?

I'm going to use this map:

perth-on-map-of-australia-in-map-of-perth-suburbs-wa.jpg

Any of the coloured sections denoting the Perth metro area are fine.

I will remind everyone that this is supposed to be a suburban comp. The spirit of the comp is to pick a suburb that would reasonably have a team in a league like this. That said, i'll accept teams from anywhere in the designated area on the map.

Keep those team announcements rolling in! Plenty of time here to get started early and have a high quality entry ready for round 1.

Is it strictly white away shorts or can they be red/yellow a-la Essendon/WCE?

Strictly white for the away kit.

You could change your home shorts to red or yellow for a week and then change them back if you wanted to get a bright coloured shorts look out there, something i'm a big supporter of!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back