Training 2022 Men’s Preseason Thread - New training reports - 15/3

Remove this Banner Ad

So Durham, Eyre and Voss unaccounted for, not injured and not named in the team lists for today's game... 🤔

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I like what Sam Conforti does, a slightly inferior version of Brayden Ham as a midfielder but more tricks up forward imho.

Did some nice things as a VFL player in 2021, only 19 / 20 so plenty to work with.

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Still concerned with 2MP that he becomes a bigger focal point with Hooker gone, hope I’m wrong.
He got to the right spots a few times...had opportunities but they wouldn't stick in pretty good conditions. He might have kicked a handful if he grabbed them. Hopefully it was just a bit of an off day for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still concerned with 2MP that he becomes a bigger focal point with Hooker gone, hope I’m wrong.
Played well enough after Hooker was dropped last year. He was not the sole focus then and will not be going forward.
If Draper stands up then he has the ability to kick 35 - 40 goals and hold down second ruck.

He is far from being our biggest forward issue. The biggest forward issue will be how much can Jones progress and can Francis deliver on his potential. Personally I think both will deliver but they have to prove it.

Wright has given us exactly what we need so far. Decent forward who can take the second ruck .

People should stop looking for him to be the 60 goal forward.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi all,

I follow the draft quite close and had kept a close eye on Ben Hobbs.

How was his intra club performance yesterday and his pre season in general?

Thanks

Booplaz

Senior List
Jul 29, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Played well enough after Hooker was dropped last year. He was not the sole focus then and will not be going forward.
If Draper stands up then he has the ability to kick 35 - 40 goals and hold down second ruck.

He is far from being our biggest forward issue. The biggest forward issue will be how much can Jones progress and can Francis deliver on his potential. Personally I think both will deliver but they have to prove it.

Wright has given us exactly what we need so far. Decent forward who can take the second ruck .

We’ve got a decent spread of players that should be good for 20-30 goals this year. I think our main strength up forward will be conversion rate. Only have confidence in Stringer kicking 40+.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Never.

No talk about Baldwin dominating? Did he play?

Yes, did some nice things for a KPF coming off multiple knees without doing anything outstanding IMO. Think he needs a good stint in the VFL before he's anywhere in line for AFL consideration.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Anyone think there is something up with Nick Hind? Seems to be playing on the wrong side alot

Has Cutler gone passed him?

If thats rhe case then id love to see him given a quick go as a small forward without Tippa

See if he can offer more than Dev

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
Anyone think there is something up with Nick Hind? Seems to be playing on the wrong side alot

Has Cutler gone passed him?

If thats rhe case then id love to see him given a quick go as a small forward without Tippa

See if he can offer more than Dev
Hind looked very good to me. Cutler has improved but not that much (also they're quire different players).

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
Hi all,

I follow the draft quite close and had kept a close eye on Ben Hobbs.

How was his intra club performance yesterday and his pre season in general?

Thanks
Showed some glimpses. Based on reports of others, he has show quite a lot in earlier intra-club hitouts (in particular as a clearance player, not surprisingly).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back