Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can we give everyone a chance to make cuts that won’t go against cap? I know last year some missed out. Only fair I think
There'll be a ton of zero year players they can not re-sign that will free up tons of cap. And the cap increases to 97m (maybe 100m) this year as well.
No one missed out last year. They had till end of the NFL super bowl to make cuts.
Who missed out?

Jags theme this year.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jags theme this year.

I will begin the arduous task of getting the site ready over today and Sunday. Just woke up, so I'm a little scared and not yet ready to dive in just yet.

I will begin the arduous task of getting the site ready over today and Sunday. Just woke up, so I'm a little scared and not yet ready to dive in just yet.

No rush, I just saw it was available in the leagues tab on last years page and wanted to see who the theme team was this year.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
No rush, I just saw it was available in the leagues tab on last years page and wanted to see who the theme team was this year.
Theme runs.....First four years AFCW, next four NFCW, next four AFCS, next four NFCS, next four AFCN, next four NFCN, next four AFCE, next four NFCE.
With the themes chosen by alphabetical order of the team nickname.
So we started the AFCS era last season with Colts. This year two, Jaguars. Year three will be Texans. Year four Titans.

There'll be a ton of zero year players they can not re-sign that will free up tons of cap. And the cap increases to 97m (maybe 100m) this year as well.
No one missed out last year. They had till end of the NFL super bowl to make cuts.
Who missed out?
Yeah but that’s not the same as cutting players on multi year is it? You and A11 may do stuff but others probably haven’t even thought about. I don’t have much of any but if you read ‘21 thread someone asked you around same time and you said “sorry too late”. Not your fault of course but I think that’s something we should give notice about eg ok starting from today until blah blah you can cut players with no cap penalties

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah but that’s not the same as cutting players on multi year is it? You and A11 may do stuff but others probably haven’t even thought about. I don’t have much of any but if you read ‘21 thread someone asked you around same time and you said “sorry too late”. Not your fault of course but I think that’s something we should give notice about eg ok starting from today until blah blah you can cut players with no cap penalties
I made sure the new guy was aware his main role for now was to cut multi-year players he didnt want to keep to clear cap space, and he made a handful of such transactions.

Im not sure what the "sorry too late" instance was. Maybe it was something else.

Long time owners who happen to be away from the site isnt their fault or the rules fault either.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

If you have any questions, please ask me.

What everyone must do between now and end of April at the very latest is go thru the spreadsheet above and let me know in this thread when you've decided the following three things...

1. Elect all the off-contract rookies (500k salary 2021) you want to re-sign to their new 2022 salary, and elect contract 1 or 2 years.
2. Elect max TWO vets (1m+ salary 2021) to re-sign to their new 2022 salary, and elect contract 2 or 3 years.
3. Elect max TWO vets (1m+ salary 2021) to franchise tag to a 1 year contract....and what draft round grade you want to franchise tag them to.

- There's no limit to how many off-contract rookies you can re-sign.

- Franchise tagging a player with a draft round grade means...
-- 1st round grade = $2m cap hit
-- 2nd round grade = $1m cap hit
-- 3rd round grade = $500k cap hit

• These draft round grades mean that if someone bids on your tagged player in the Auction in May-June, and you elect to PASS on matching the offer, then the winning bidder gets the player on a 3-5 yr contract, and must give you a draft pick equal to the franchise tag draft round grade -- the tag cost would be removed from your cap hit.
  • If you MATCH the offer, you get the player back on a 3-5 yr contract, and the bid dollars you matched on goes against your cap instead of the value of the franchise tag.
  • If your franchise tagged player goes thru Auction without getting bid on, then he returns to your roster on the 1 yr franchise tag and the tag cost stays against your cap.

- The few players highlighted in the spreadsheet are players who are on new salaries of 6m+ ... meaning if you elect to not re-sign them they go into the Auction and if someone else wins the bid for them, then you will get a compensatory pick (placed at the end of the 2nd round).

All players not chosen to be re-signed will be released at no cap charge and go into the Auction in May-June along with the 1,000+ Free Agents where everyone can bid on them all, and would give them a 3-5 yr contract if they won the bid.

Franchise Tagged players also go into the Auction....but you do not bid on your own franchise tagged players. Everyone else it's open slather.

Rookies:

Wilkins, Burns, Gray 2 years

Vets (pending might change my mind after free agency):

Stewart, Minshew 3 years

Franchise Tag: Schultz 2nd rounder, Berrios 3rd rounder

Weren’t you the one who bid 11m+ on Hilton?

11m? Think it was 6m with a very low base salary mate.

Dagless bid 7.1m on Matt Ioannidis last year, largest I can remember.

Last edited:
Nah more than that

Can promise you it wasn't 11m, was 7m at most, pretty sure it was 6 point something tho. I remember it, me and shiny having a pissing contest bidding the minimum each for ages

Not interested in Kupp myself ( have nothing to give even if I was) , im sure GG will come up with a nice package for him. Tua & a 3rd round pick :moustache:

Back