Society/Culture Kyle Rittenhouse

That was me mocking the use of the term racist because of exactly what I said, people thought he had shot black people.
If you think these same people would be lauding a black person who armed up and went into an area where there were white supremacists and their allies protesting, you're an idiot.

Why is Rittenhouse appearing on stages at their fascist rallies? Work it out.

Your whole shtick is "nobody REALLY cares because I care the most".

Pfft.

If you think these same people would be lauding a black person who armed up and went into an area where there were white supremacists and their allies protesting, you're an idiot.

Why is Rittenhouse appearing on stages at their fascist rallies? Work it out.

Your whole shtick is "nobody REALLY cares because I care the most".

Pfft.

There's a lot of people who were so hoping he was the racist expression of Trump politics they despise and when it turned out they were mislead by misinformation from big news groups they project more hate onto him.

There's a lot of people who were so hoping he was the racist expression of Trump politics they despise and when it turned out they were mislead by misinformation from big news groups they project more hate onto him.
He was the racist expression of Trump policies and he got away with it, he's still a cold blooded murderer, just an unconvicted one. You should give him some money, he's awesome.

he was the racist expression of Trump politics
He is. He is paraded around as the kid who fought and killed BLM rioters. Black or not, his victims represent everything the racist core of the Republican Party hates.

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is. He is paraded around as the kid who fought and killed BLM rioters. Black or not, his victims represent everything the racist core of the Republican Party hates.
Well parading in the culture wars isn't bringing back the dead to life is it?

Time to move on.

His "victims" were child molesting, girlfriend bashing, burgling, arsonist rioters and white.

If you're choosing to stand against the side that opposes that sort of person, well you picked the wrong team.

A bunch of white criminal anarchists, one of which screaming out racial slurs, were using BLM as an excuse just as much as professionally offended white people are now.

His "victims" were child molesting, girlfriend bashing, burgling, arsonist rioters and white.

If you're choosing to stand against the side that opposes that sort of person, well you picked the wrong team.

A bunch of white criminal anarchists, one of which screaming out racial slurs, were using BLM as an excuse just as much as professionally offended white people are now.
Did the kid know the people he shot were those things before he did the act?

These descriptors are not unique to any side in this protest.

And if Rittenhouse's victims were walking around with Tiki torches shouting "Jews will not replace us", the racist Republican core would be holding sombre memorial services.

And if Rittenhouse's victims were walking around with Tiki torches shouting "Jews will not replace us", the racist Republican core would be holding sombre memorial services.

I'm happy with your previous comment of republicans standing against what his "victims" were, that being violent, woman beating, child raping, anarchist, arsonist rioters.

You've picked your hill. It's fine.

Did he know that at the time?
Or when he decided to travel many miles, heavily armed, to the site?

Did he know that at the time?
Or when he decided to travel many miles, heavily armed, to the site?

I believe he knew the people were destructive rioters, yes. Not that they also beat up women and raped little boys. There was plenty of evidence of the sort of impact these riots had on the US prior to that moment.

We are currently in the universe where violence and arson are shrugged off as protests and people in trucks parked not bringing violence are deplorable people with unacceptable views.

Maybe it's time to start asking the question on who benefits from each movement and why one of them is demonised far more than the other.

I believe he knew the people were destructive rioters, yes. Not that they also beat up women and raped little boys. There was plenty of evidence of the sort of impact these riots had on the US prior to that moment.

We are currently in the universe where violence and arson are shrugged off as protests and people in trucks parked not bringing violence are deplorable people with unacceptable views.

Maybe it's time to start asking the question on who benefits from each movement and why one of them is demonised far more than the other.
You cool with the Zachary Rolfe case too? I mean the guy he shot had scissors and a record, that would him fair game yes?

The vast majority of the BLM protests were peaceful - and of those that weren't the majority were attended by race war types (Boogaloo Bois and Proud Boys).

Maybe it's time to ask why so many think killing people shouldn't result in any destruction of property, yet destruction of property is justification for killing people.

You cool with the Zachary Rolfe case too? I mean the guy he shot had scissors and a record, that would him fair game yes?

Have you actually talked to people involved in that case or do you get everything you know about it from reporters who leave out big things to make their article as provocative as possible?

I've talked to police about this case. I'm not expecting him to face punishment for it. Have you seen photographs of the injuries the police officers received attempting to arrest that man prior to resorting to violence in return?

I haven't, but I have had the injuries described to me and challenge any reasonable person to believe that they should not consider their life in danger in the moment they were being injured in that way.

But hey, the media aren't accountable for the anger and pain their contributions create - they just make money off it.

The vast majority of the BLM protests were peaceful - and of those that weren't the majority were attended by race war types (Boogaloo Bois and Proud Boys).

Maybe it's time to ask why so many think killing people shouldn't result in any destruction of property, yet destruction of property is justification for killing people.

The vast majority of lots of things are just fine, nobody who is on the other end of the small but very real percentage of suffering and violence cares. There was billions of dollars of damages.

People have a right to not have their stuff destroyed by angry people venting about issues that don't actually involve them, either party.

You have no idea what it took for someone to possess what they do, it might be the most dinged up junk of a car but if they've had to work and work and save to get that - that's their pride and joy, their life has been put into it. They have a right to not want it destroyed in a moment of anger from someone who doesn't even know them. People are entitled to defend their community from criminals especially when the police have given up.

Killing people shouldn't result in destruction of property, it should result in justice in the courts. If you bring violence to someone's community they aren't to know if you intend to just burn down your house or burn down your house with you in it. Nobody should be obliged to take a survey of the mob prior to deciding if they need to protect themselves.

That's why it's appropriate for that African American father to be acquitted for shooting that police officer dead when they kicked in his door, didn't announce themselves as police and entered the bedroom of his child.

That someone would put themselves between the mob and the community is a good thing, most cower at home and hope they move on to the next house.

Killing people shouldn't result in destruction of property, it should result in justice in the courts. If you bring violence to someone's community they aren't to know if you intend to just burn down your house or burn down your house with you in it. Nobody should be obliged to take a survey of the mob prior to deciding if they need to protect themselves.
Congratulations, you've just worked out what the BLM movement is about.

The idea that we should have a police force doing police work and not give semi-automatic weapons to teenage kids to wander around with is somehow progressive one rather than what would in most parts of the world be considered commonsense.

Congratulations, you've just worked out what the BLM movement is about.

The idea that we should have a police force doing police work and not give semi-automatic weapons to teenage kids to wander around with is somehow progressive one rather than what would in most parts of the world be considered commonsense.

That's not what BLM is about. That's what they tell people it's about. There's a reason it only seems to get attention around election time. The community vibe of BLM is just and right and what people think it is, the actual movement is a political tool that gets pulled out when it's good and then stuffed back in the cabinet when the job is done. They use the community pain just like the media.

We can even go a bit deeper into the media riling people up over issues like Brown in Ferguson, "hands up don't shoot" execution killing of a black man, out in the streets, people killed. Turned out to be rubbish but they ran the story because it's provocative. Then when that case doesn't turn out like people were lead to think the evidence would show, they get riled up again.

I'd be all in favor of media groups being able to be held to account for the public reaction to their messages. On all sides. Perhaps it can be like the Texas abortion law where individuals can sue media people for false and misleading claims.

That's not what BLM is about. That's what they tell people it's about. There's a reason it only seems to get attention around election time.
Who to believe - an African-American in the US, or an Australian on an AFL website. Tough call.

Who to believe - an African-American in the US, or an Australian on an AFL website. Tough call.

You don't have to believe me. We will talk about it again in 2024 when it becomes an issue again, from no where like it did in 2016 and 2020 and disappeared the year after just the same.

You can look at google's data on it if you need something completely independent.

Just so it's clear, I'm predicting there will be a race related issue leading to national pain and protest around 2024. Those same issues are happening now and will happen leading up to 2024 but they won't get national attention.

Then it will be convenient for it to happen again.

Seems like people are getting a bit excessively amped up over this potential defamation case in another country to show their support for the dude who killed 2 people.

But it's totally not about race or politics.

You don't have to believe me. We will talk about it again in 2024 when it becomes an issue again, from no where like it did in 2016 and 2020 and disappeared the year after just the same.
It's an ongoing movement with significant grassroots support.

"Died down"

You can look at google's data on it if you need something completely independent.

Just so it's clear, I'm predicting there will be a race related issue leading to national pain and protest around 2024. Those same issues are happening now and will happen leading up to 2024 but they won't get national attention.

Then it will be convenient for it to happen again.
You're not talking about the movement itself, you're talking about the media coverage of the movement. The movement started in 2013*. The year after an election.

*technically the movement started decades ago, but the BLM moniker was first adopted in 2013

Back