Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like that Collingwood keep their guernseys basic and traditional, I think there's something special about a club wearing the same design or a variation on it for as much of their history as possible. For that reason I really wasn't a fan of some of the adidas takes on their guernsey, first changing to white on black and then doing all the weird tapering stripes and curved lines later on. The last few years' efforts under ISC and Nike have been excellent.

Mr39

Club Legend
Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like that Collingwood keep their guernseys basic and traditional, I think there's something special about a club wearing the same design or a variation on it for as much of their history as possible. For that reason I really wasn't a fan of some of the adidas takes on their guernsey, first changing to white on black and then doing all the weird tapering stripes and curved lines later on. The last few years' efforts under ISC and Nike have been excellent.

Would be nice if the wearing of traditional guernseys was afforded across the board.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
So Carlton has been in recent years using a lot of lighter blue combined with the standard navy blue and white for their indigenous art. I might be a little biased considering my allegiance to Sturt in the SANFL but I'd love for them to really lean into that colourway more, here's a couple of simple designs (yep, similar to my last design in here because I'm still sorting out my templates).
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 8.45.53 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 8.50.22 pm.png

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I did these a little while ago earlier in this thread with the same idea, using the shape of the old yellow clash

View attachment 1334062
Thats really ******* clean and they missed a trick not using that as their kit. If they needed to include the yellow for some reason, add it into the V or something. But your effort is a 10.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Thats really ******* clean and they missed a trick not using that as their kit. If they needed to include the yellow for some reason, add it into the V or something. But your effort is a 10.
It's funny because there are so many tiny changes they could make to just make their designs a winner, but they do weird things

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
It's funny because there are so many tiny changes they could make to just make their designs a winner, but they do weird things
So many clubs do this and I ******* hate it.
Especially when you see talented people in the mock up threads here pump out jumpers that would make bank for clubs and they instead give us things like the Hawks power ranger jumper or this Brisbane away jumper.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
So many clubs do this and I ******* hate it.
Especially when you see talented people in the mock up threads here pump out jumpers that would make bank for clubs and they instead give us things like the Hawks power ranger jumper or this Brisbane away jumper.
I could assume it could be the fact that we get to take a long time to focus on little details, whereas these designers have many teams to design for so they have time constraints and might just rush it a little 🤷‍♂️

uranium_death

All Australian
May 3, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Carlton - navy blue with white monogram
Clash - white with blue monogram

Anything outside of that is unnecessary, IMO

Carlton's guernsey is that good, it doesn't need anything conceptual or creative.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
is that my template from a few years ago?
It may have been, but I've had this screenshot bellow in my folder for several years now so I genuinely had no idea who posted the template here for the original M&M jumper.

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 10.13.42 pm.png

What I'm aiming to do next is edit this version of the jumper on McKay here and then adjust the blue to look more like the actual version which Ratts is wearing, while keeping the white monogram with the navy outline from our 2022 clash.

product-shot__28894.1644469167.jpg
show_image.php

Back