Who has the better youth, Hawthorn or Collingwood?

Who has the better youth, Hawthorn or Collingwood?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 84 54.2%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 71 45.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We should take our senior players off shortly.
From memory, the coaches had said during the week that the last 3 quarters were going to be mainly the new kids/VFL players.

Kreuger is hard at it. Maybe a young key forward to work with....

With Henry and Daicos playing the way they are, Collingwood’s youth look pretty decent.

Where is Grainger-Barras? Is he playing today?

In a way the game proved Hawthorn have a better depth of talent than us - but higher end talent debatable
We were missing our 2 best in Day and Jiath. Plus our senior players looked terrible

That game didnt really answer any questions about youth.

Pies were a class above early, but it wasnt "youth" driven...Pie fans would be happy with off-season pickups in Lipinski and Kreuger, both looked good.

When we played the kids on their own after Q3 they were outplayed...but that is almost to be expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game didnt really answer any questions about youth.

Pies were a class above early, but it wasnt "youth" driven...Pie fans would be happy with off-season pickups in Lipinski and Kreuger, both looked good.

When we played the kids on their own after Q3 they were outplayed...but that is almost to be expected.
It answered 0 questions on both fronts, not sure how many you had out by our "A team" wasn't really our A team, there was like 5/6 outs for us (again not sure on you) we had Dimma playing more with the VFL kids unsure why but he'd be our best small defender.

And our structure as a whole defensive unit wasn't what i'd expect to see R1 or next week (more serious.)

Was abit of a see which players played well.

It answered 0 questions on both fronts, not sure how many you had out by our "A team" wasn't really our A team, there was like 5/6 outs for us (again not sure on you) we had Dimma playing more with the VFL kids unsure why but he'd be our best small defender.

And our structure as a whole defensive unit wasn't what i'd expect to see R1 or next week (more serious.)

Stop.

We played like s**t early and Pies didn't. There's no need to dress it up like we were short of our best players.

Stop.

We played like sh*t early and Pies didn't. There's no need to dress it up like we were short of our best players.
Main issue for us is that we cannot kick.

Infront of goals horrid, defensive pressure horrid, patchy efforts horrid and horrid defensive structure in defending on fast rebound.

Too busy front running.

Stop.

We played like sh*t early and Pies didn't. There's no need to dress it up like we were short of our best players.
Reason i mentioned outs was purely because the game doesn't matter, Pies likely had outs, we did too, gameplan and structure atleast behind the ball wasn't good, the effort wasn't there and the finishing def wasn't. Run in the legs intra game it felt like.

Most teams will always be missing some players.

Pies clearly treated it as two distinct 3 period games.

First three was our strong side, and plenty to like as we got out to an 80 point lead...and as mentioned great signs from Lip, Kreuger, N.Daicos.

Last three we had just kids, and they were found wanting.

Hawks (without knowing detail or best 22 intimately) seemed to sprinkle more senior players around.

Hard to judge Pie youth when not surrounded by any senior leaders, as was the case this evening.

Most teams will always be missing some players.

Pies clearly treated it as two distinct 3 period games.

First three was our strong side, and plenty to like as we got out to an 80 point lead...and as mentioned great signs from Lip, Kreuger, N.Daicos.

Last three we had just kids, and they were found wanting.

Hawks (without knowing detail or best 22 intimately) seemed to sprinkle more senior players around.

Hard to judge Pie youth when not surrounded by any senior leaders, as was the case this evening.
We treated it like a training drill. It ******* felt like it.

you really think Mitchell went out there for it to be a 'training drill' only?
No Vinnie, don't think it was his end goal or aim.

It felt like it, purely due to lack of effort. Felt like under 14s all over again where we'd have a muck around intra game.

Interesting game. Our senior players waaaay off it. Your seasoned campaigners were all very good - Grundy, Elliot, Maynard etc.

I didn't know much about the pies but I think you have done very well with the Lipinski trade on face value. He was very good.

Vinnie B - I didn't mind your man ruscoe in the back end in the second half. Seems to have a bit of dash.

Hawks outplayed when it counted and tried to force the new game plan a bit too zealously - but hey it's a pravdy. Didn't like our intensity around the ball and Collingwood out hunted us and were far more physical.

Daicos did some nice things as expected and Ward ran hard, as expected.

Back