Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
26FEB22: Tom Harley interview/SEN
Link to audio forKane Cornes interview with Tom Harley from earlier this month.

26FEB22: GWS v Swans Practice Match/Swans Website
Practice match

26FEB22: GWS v Swans Practice Match/Multiple

27FEB22: Isaac Heeney/AFL Website

Parker chat..
Parker and JPK to rotate more through the wing and forward to keep fresh legs at the contest
Swans looking for a more dynamic midfield - Heeney can help with that
Heeney still asking advice from Parker and JPK..

reckon the younger mids are asking Parker / JPK even more questions. JPKs worth/contribution is greater than his loss of speed - same reason Rampe signed for another year

Parker chat..
Parker and JPK to rotate more through the wing and forward to keep fresh legs at the contest
Swans looking for a more dynamic midfield - Heeney can help with that
Heeney still asking advice from Parker and JPK..

reckon the younger mids are asking Parker / JPK even more questions. JPKs worth/contribution is greater than his loss of speed - same reason Rampe signed for another year
I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Heeney can make anywhere near the same impact in the mids as Mills

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Heeney can make anywhere near the same impact in the mids as Mills
from what Parker was saying.. They'll be aiming for a different type of impact
Really like the idea of a 'dynamic' midfield.. Reckon The Chad has a lot to contribute, JMac too, Campbell when he gets there, Gulden etc .. all very different types.

from what Parker was saying.. They'll be aiming for a different type of impact
Really like the idea of a 'dynamic' midfield.. Reckon The Chad has a lot to contribute, JMac too, Campbell when he gets there, Gulden etc .. all very different types.
I think we have a range of types coming through, from "bustling" like Sheldrick to "busting" like Warner, to "evasive" like Florent". All good BUT...
Kennedy and Parker and now Mills are supplying the "grunt" but Kennedy will need replacing soon. The hard men. Who's next? I think that's the next piece of the puzzle.

I think we have a range of types coming through, from "bustling" like Sheldrick to "busting" like Warner, to "evasive" like Florent". All good BUT...
Kennedy and Parker and now Mills are supplying the "grunt" but Kennedy will need replacing soon. The hard men. Who's next? I think that's the next piece of the puzzle.

You said it yourself KC... it's Mills. We only play two of those types in the mids and it's Parker & Mills. Last season JPK took the role of a receiver as Mills took his place. Unheard of for JPK to be the one working himself into space for the handball receive rather than the one in the middle of the scrum firing out the handball, but I thought he reinvented himself really well and IMO our midfield never functioned better last year than when we had Mills/Parker as the 'grunt' and JPK/Hewett as the supporting mid, with the outside types like Florent, Heeney, Gulden, Dawson etc around them.

Last edited:
All good BUT...
Rowbum, Sheldrick, Heeney, Warner to back up Parker, Mills.. as the hard men
I reckon we're about half way through a rebuild.. Over the next two years we'll see JPK, Buddy, Rampe, Sinkers, Hickey retire. We'll also see the 1st-4th yr players become 3rd to 6th yr players, and with 50-100 games experience
Im a big fan of Buddy, JPK and Rampe still playing. What they've lost in individual performance, they're more than making up in leading/coaching/developing the younger crew
We've got 2 x 1st round picks and potentially a few academy players next draft..

You said it yourself KC... it's Mills. We only play two of those types in the mids and it's Parker & Mills. Last season JPK took the role of a receiver as Mills took his place. Unheard of for JPK to be the one working himself into space for the handball receive rather than the one in the middle of the scrum firing out the handball, but I thought he reinvented himself really well and IMO our midfield never functioned better last year than when we had Mills/Parker as the 'grunt' and JPK/Hewett as the supporting mid, with the outside types like Florent, Heeney, Gulden, Dawson etc around them.
Actually, after Mills I think the next "hard man" will be Rowbottom. To have two at CBA you need three in the team. Rowie is a fierce tackler and seems to take a lot of defensive responsibility. His body (when fit of course!) is coming into its maturity.
I'll also be interested to watch Roberts' development. Sheldrick I think is a given. I like Warner on the edges using his manic energy to break away. Heeney as receiver more than as an extractor, then racing forward. Extras in the rotation like Papley and JMac with speed and hard to match up.
As someone else has posted, I'd like to see one more big guy. Strong and ruthless. Otherwise it's shaping pretty well.

Actually, after Mills I think the next "hard man" will be Rowbottom. To have two at CBA you need three in the team. Rowie is a fierce tackler and seems to take a lot of defensive responsibility. His body (when fit of course!) is coming into its maturity.
I'll also be interested to watch Roberts' development. Sheldrick I think is a given. I like Warner on the edges using his manic energy to break away. Heeney as receiver more than as an extractor, then racing forward. Extras in the rotation like Papley and JMac with speed and hard to match up.
As someone else has posted, I'd like to see one more big guy. Strong and ruthless. Otherwise it's shaping pretty well.

See I already think there's too many, let alone if you then add a bigger body still. I am a firm believer in a smaller but more cohesive midfield than a larger, more diverse/flexible midfield. Maybe the approach we are taking will work, not saying it won't. Just think it can be easy to assume the more options and variety you have going through your midfield the better off you'll be, but flag winners over the years haven't really proven that to be the case. But this might be a topic better saved for another thread.

Who is next to provide grunt?

Sheldrick and Roberts were recruited specifically for that purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am gonna sleep on it, but my mates that I usually go to the footy with moved interstate, but even if I have to loner it, I do want to watch the possibility of Buddy's 1000th
That's a bugger when that happens:sadv1: Hope it doesn't keep you away from the games mate.

28FEB22:Paddy McCartin/SEN
AA160222MW0267.jpg

Edit: Sydney talk starts 12mins into the Whately podcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
He signed as a rookie.. doesn't mean anything different.. he can still play

Based on what do you say that? I've seen it reported both ways. Can't remember either source now but I decided the one that said he was on the senior list was more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back