Emer - Strachan, Rowe, Fogarty

Crows V Norwood Saturday March 19 West Lakes

F Newchurch, Frampton, Mcadam
HF Rowe, Fogarty, Gollant
C Soligo, Hately, Sholl
HB Worrell,, McAsey, Milera
B Murphy, Borlase, Davs
R Strachan, Hall, Freeman
INTER Nankervis, Wright, Taylor, Parnell,Newchurch, Sharrad, Mckenzie, Templeton

Can we just play 21 instead of wasting anymore time with Himmelberg?

At least with selecting Fogarty you at least get something out of the worst case scenario which is it ends the narrative that he's a footballer we need to be patient with. That might prove to be rather valuable as well, especially seeing this draft isn't short on South Australian key forwards.

Crows V Fremantle Sunday March 20 AO

F - McHenry, Himmelberg, Pedlar
HF- Keays, Thilthorpe, Rachele
C - Dawson, Schoenberg, Sloane
HB - Jones, Murray, Smith
B - Brown, Butts Doedee
R - O'Brien, Laird , Crouch
Inter - Hinge, Berry, Cook, McPherson
Sub - Hamill
Emer - Strachan, Rowe, Fogarty

Crows V Norwood Saturday March 19 West Lakes

F Newchurch, Frampton, Mcadam
HF Rowe, Fogarty, Gollant
C Soligo, Hately, Sholl
HB Worrell,, McAsey, Milera
B Murphy, Borlase, Davs
R Strachan, Hall, Freeman
INTER Nankervis, Wright, Taylor, Parnell,Newchurch, Sharrad, Mckenzie, Templeton
Sam Breuer SANFL?

At least with selecting Fogarty you at least get something out of the worst case scenario which is it ends the narrative that he's a footballer we need to be patient with. That might prove to be rather valuable as well, especially seeing this draft isn't short on South Australian key forwards.
I think Himmelbergs been a bit maligned. He never really got a good run at it last year. Unlike Frampton inexplicably. And when it was him, Thilthorpe and Fogarty it seemed to work. I think he deserves a good stretch of games.

I'd rather just play Gollant. Give him a solid run and see what he offers.

I think Himmelbergs been a bit maligned. He never really got a good run at it last year. Unlike Frampton inexplicably. And when it was him, Thilthorpe and Fogarty it seemed to work. I think he deserves a good stretch of games.

In saying that, Himmelberg was poor enough to lose his spot to Frampton despite all of the momentum he had coming into that preseason.

Considering we're entering his 6th season in the bigs and he's not a best 22 player, I think we know everything we need to about Elliot.

I'd rather just play Gollant. Give him a solid run and see what he offers.

Oh 100%, I adore Gollant as a prospect at this point. To go at 2 goals a game in the SANFL (noting he had yet to play at SANFL/VFL level prior) in a medicore Adelaide squad and off a interupted preseason/season is rather impressive, especially considering who he got 3+ goals against (Glenelg, Woodville, Port, which were 1 and 2 throughout the season and Port). Probably the only blemish is he didn't get that monster haul, seeing he had the opportunities against Glenelg and Norwood to get 5+ goals.

That said, Gollant isn't the answer for the 2nd key forward spot. Unless he somehow grows 5-6 cm.

B T.Doedee J.Butts R.Laird
HB W.Milera N.Murray B.Smith
C J.Dawson M.Crouch B.Cook
HF N.McHenry D.Fogarty S.McAdam
F J.Rachele R.Thilthorpe J.Rowe
FOLL: R.O’Brien B.Keayes H.Schoenberg
INTER: R.Sloane, S.Berry, C.Jones, E.Himmleberg
Sub: L.Sholl

Gday crow fans
Just wondering how far off from your best 22 will run out for rd 1.
I can’t find an injury thread which points to an incredibly healthy list?
I don’t think we’ve got a lot of injuries however a lot have been out to Covid or Covid protocols, they don’t really say who so it’s a bit jumbled.
Seedsman still seems to be having concussion symptoms so I doubt he’ll be playing.

Gday crow fans
Just wondering how far off from your best 22 will run out for rd 1.
I can’t find an injury thread which points to an incredibly healthy list?
Haven't had a chance to get injured as they've all had COVID

We have shown that we're prepared to overlook AFL performances in favour of positive signs during preseason training, which is a worry for Cook
If he’s not fit and playing well in trials then I can see how he doesn’t get picked

I love his potential but he looked uncompetitive out there last week compared to Hinge who was playing for keeps

Hopefully he gets another shot this week but without a good performance against port he’s a Longshot for round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's in the eye of the beholder I guess

The poise and skill he showed was streets ahead of what most of our recent first rounders have dished up early in their careers

I'd regard him as a must play
I want Cook in too and have him best 22 but he won’t play if he’s not performing in trial games and being competitive

I just hope he plays this week and plays well to give himself a chance

Long term I have no issue with him being a good player for us

Sturt I believe.
You said that before but local football journalist Matt Hughes said he was told it was our SANFL team and he's usually on the ball with the local scene?

You're not mixing him up with his former 2021 Rebels and Ballarat Grammar teammate Josh Rentsch who is suiting up for Sturt this season?

Have Sturt had a press release which is standard for SANFL club stating he's suiting up for them?

Last edited:
You said that before but local football journalist Matt Hughes said he was told it was our SANFL team and he's usually on the ball with the local scene?

You're not mixing him up with his former 2021 Rebels and Ballarat Grammar teammate Josh Rentsch who is suiting up for Sturt this season?

Have Sturt had a press release which is standard for SANFL club stating he's suiting up for them?
Hes been removed from the comings abd going from the sanfl site for the crows. Not named as an in though for sturt

Hes been removed from the comings abd going from the sanfl site for the crows. Not named as an in though for sturt
Wonder what the go is with Sam then, definitely had to be close to getting a spot on an AFL list and has plenty of AFL traits.

Wonder if Nathan Freeman signing on was involved?

Wonder what the go is with Sam then, definitely had to be close to getting a spot on an AFL list and has plenty of AFL traits.

Wonder if Nathan Freeman signing on was involved?
Still in as of 3 weeks ago in this story:

"Adelaide are yet to confirm Freeman's signature, while Louis Sharrad, Isaya McKenzie, Jacob Templeton, Josh Smithson and Sam Breuer have already joined the Crows ahead of 2022 season"

Does anyone know of Jacob Templeton by the way?

"Adelaide are yet to confirm Freeman's signature, while Louis Sharrad, Isaya McKenzie, Jacob Templeton, Josh Smithson and Sam Breuer have already joined the Crows ahead of 2022 season"

That article?

Sounds like Jacob has a few clicks on the odometer..;)

Circa 2011
Jacob Templeton is a 193cm defender/forward with exceptional speed and quickness. Jacob recently returned from the USA where he played College Basketball for North Iowa after being a member of the Adelaide 36ers Academy in 2008/2009. Jacob is currently playing at League level

Sounds like Jacob has a few clicks on the odometer..;)

Circa 2011
Jacob Templeton is a 193cm defender/forward with exceptional speed and quickness. Jacob recently returned from the USA where he played College Basketball for North Iowa after being a member of the Adelaide 36ers Academy in 2008/2009. Jacob is currently playing at League level

Still better than the first results you get when googling Louis Sharrad...

Back