Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Check these...

It may differ depending on the type of inverter or if you have micro inverters etc.

Best to search the brand of inverter you have installed.

Do you need any help with reading out for medical assistance?

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm alright. WE can get out at the top end of the road now. People have been piling dirt in all day. But i'm all right. it was intense and I'm still mildly feverish but the kids said they went thru the same thing and bere better in the morning. I don't feel short of oxygen. My lungs are the only thing that isn't suffering.

I tell you what tho it goes thru you. Finds every weak spot, injury or what have you and fully attacks it.
Stay safe ferbs
Cheers mate.

LOL I was so stuffed last night I forgot to post that.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Wild night but I'm heaps better.

The bloody power went out for a while, but its back on.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm alright. WE can get out at the top end of the road now. People have been piling dirt in all day. But i'm all right. it was intense and I'm still mildly feverish but the kids said they went thru the same thing and bere better in the morning. I don't feel short of oxygen. My lungs are the only thing that isn't suffering.

I tell you what tho it goes thru you. Finds every weak spot, injury or what have you and fully attacks it.

Cheers mate.

LOL I was so stuffed last night I forgot to post that.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Wild night but I'm heaps better.

The bloody power went out for a while, but its back on.

Take a back seat for a day or 2 Ferbs. We need you healthy for rd.1 mate 👍

Hojuman did you see that Jack Smethurst – British actor best known for his role as Eddie Booth in your favourite show, "Love Thy Neighbour" has turned toes up?
RIP.

You could never make a show like that these days, yet in alot of ways its one of the most anti-racist tv shows ever made.

RIP.

You could never make a show like that these days, yet in alot of ways its one of the most anti-racist tv shows ever made.
Probably in more ways than one. This show would have had more a diverse cast than pretty much any previous show in British TV history. And unlike Curry & Chips, the actors weren't white blokes wearing black-face.

The jokes were pretty uncool by today's standards but in some ways these same jokes shone a torch on racism and just maybe, embarrassed a few WASPs into recognising that even a seemingly funny remark can be cringeworthy if not downright unacceptable.

Probably in more ways than one. This show would have had more a diverse cast than pretty much any previous show in British TV history. And unlike Curry & Chips, the actors weren't white blokes wearing black-face.

The jokes were pretty uncool by today's standards but in some ways these same jokes shone a torch on racism and just maybe, embarrassed a few WASPs into recognising that even a seemingly funny remark can be cringeworthy if not downright unacceptable.
Over the course of the show I saw everyone else pay Eddie out for his racist s**t at one time or another. Even the barman came around eventually.

But the two of them must have been mates on some level. Or they'd have stopped drinking together. I wonder if Bill(?) was having a bit on the side with Joan, Eddie's missus, Eddie definitely liked Barbie.

Over the course of the show I saw everyone else pay Eddie out for his racist sh*t at one time or another. Even the barman came around eventually.

But the two of them must have been mates on some level. Or they'd have stopped drinking together. I wonder if Bill(?) was having a bit on the side with Joan, Eddie's missus, Eddie definitely liked Barbie.

Barbie maybe but yeh nar not Joan

What about “Mind your language “?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a librarian at school who looked just like her. Needless to say, her nickname was Olive.
We had a teacher that looked like catweasel. What do you reckon the students used to call him. We was a bit of a Strange cat. Wore duck egg blue safari suits. Prolly would have had street cred as a hipster these days.

Been doing a bit of DIY. I have a cheap ozito drill and driver which I was using plus a 20V ALDI drill which is way better than the ozito. But I needed to drill some holes with a small and with a medium bit, countersink and screw in some screws. Time to grab out the markita.

But damn! Dead. Swap the battery. Still dead. Place each battery on the charger... Red flashing light for both. Neither will charge.

Dear markita. GAGF.
Could be the charger? 2 batteries unlikely to fail at same time.

Could be the charger? 2 batteries unlikely to fail at same time.
I thought exactly the same thing. An amazing coincidence if both are dead although it has been a while since I used this drill.

But the drill is completely dead with either battery and both cause the charger to flash it's red light signalling dead battery when they are on charge.

Naturally, they don't charge though.

There's a lot of similar stories on the internet. Damn lithium ion batteries.

Also, I sold my ALDI drill short. It's a 24V model. In my opinion it is as well made as the Makita anyway.

If anybody wants a Makita df457d skin and charger they are welcome. Batteries are available on eBay but not worth it for me. Handy for someone with the same drill though.

I thought exactly the same thing. An amazing coincidence if both are dead although it has been a while since I used this drill.

But the drill is completely dead with either battery and both cause the charger to flash it's red light signalling dead battery when they are on charge.

Also, I sold my ALDI drill short. It's a 24V model. In my opinion it is as well made as the Makita anyway.

If anybody wants a Makita df457d skin and charger they are welcome. Batteries are available on eBay but not worth it for me. Handy for someone with the same drill though.
I would have thought lithium ions even less chance of failing at same time after long storage as they have a pretty low self discharge rate. Nickel metal hydride and nickel cadniums were terrible for this.

All my stuff are hikoki. Have had 2 batteries fail so far. Over prolly 5 years. I give them a bit of a hiding though and one got left out in the weather for a few days, fell off tractor and found it in grass a few days later.

They are pretty cringeworthy when you watch them today. Same as Kingswood country. I think a lot of people Don the old rose coloured glasses when they Remember back.

Probably have to throw out some food Ferb’s. Feel sorry for what you are going through
We've got it easy really.

Other people round here are really in trouble.

But not having power for that short time is a =n eye opener to what they are going thru.

I think most stuff is still cold and good. I wouldn't let anyone open the fridge or freezer. Which made things harder. Even now we have access to heaps of food and stuff of our own. Its a productive valley.

So many people have lost everything down in the flat areas tho.

Fires, Covid then this...

And the rest of the world is gonna be a ****ed up mess. AT least economically and maybe worse.

The next 10 years are gonna be difficult.

Even the skins that are not brushless are hardly worth it these days. I got a few DeWalt SK NS work fine but not brushless so no point spending money on batteries for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back