FTA-TV SAS Australia - "Celebs" MkIII

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I watched one episode of this show in its first series, but was so pissed off by all the edited swearing I never watched it again. It was just so constant that, at times, it made it impossible to understand conversations.

Anyway, 3 years into the show I was channel surfing on a Saturday night while staying in a hotel a couple of weeks ago, and bugger me if 7 weren't showing an uncensored version. (Uncensored in terms of language, not in terms of getting to see Rianna's boobs :( )

I've since been going back and watching it on 7plus, and it makes it a much more tolerable show if you aren't offended by the (often quite over the top) swearing. Makes me wonder why 7 don't just show it at 8.30 or 9pm and go with the uncensored version. I believe in Australia, as of a few years ago, you can show M rated shows at 7.30pm, and MA15+ shows as early as 8.30 or 9pm.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Was happily suprised they passed all 3, i thought for sure theyd only pass one (probably Millie) but honestly it was extremely hard to split them by the time they got there. Riana and Darius in particular seemed to gain alot from the course.

Locky copped alot of s**t but personally he never seemed nearly as bad as people made out. No doubt hes a weird arrogant dude but it never came across to me as though he was AS bad as they tried to make out (and frankly Pauly was and still seems like an annoying little prick who rubbed a few people up the wrong way). He also seemed to take being cut alot better than i would have expected.

Anna was the highlight for me overall, really wish shed managed to make it to the end.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Performance wise Lockie deserved to pass selection, he was a gun at most of the challenges they did but he wasn't a team player that the others could trust which cost him in the end. It was his fellow recruits that voted for him to go as they didn't feel they could trust him and was a danger to others.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Millie Boyle was co-winner of the Dally M medal for the NRLW's best and fairest player this week.

I would've thought that's a bit of a tick for this show.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Celebs for S4 have been announced:
SAS-Australia-2023-recruits.jpg

There are a LOT of professional athletes in that list, mostly retired.

A couple who had their 15 minutes of fame, but haven't been heard from in a while - Cocaine Cassie, and Dr Craig Challen (from the Thai Cave Rescue).

I can genuinely say that I have never heard of Lindy Klim, Mahalia Murphy, or Zima Anderson. I recognise Tim Robards' name, but have NFI who he is. With 10 of 14 having genuine name recognition, that must be close to an all-time record for an Australian "celebrity" reality TV show.

There are a few people looking for redemption stories - Craig McLachlan, Peter Bol, and Cocaine girl. Nothing could ever redeem Anthony Mundine, who will probably bail 2 minutes into the show, like he has every other time someone's been stupid enough to cast him in a Celebrity Reality TV show.

Interesting to see the series is shooting overseas this time, somewhere in the Middle East (the UK version filmed a series in Jordan). Most of the UK series have been filmed outside the UK.

I wonder if this will be the year where they finally start treating the Aus celebs the same as they do the UK "recruits", complete with resistance to torture in the latter stages of the show? Doubtful...

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Celebs for S4 have been announced:
SAS-Australia-2023-recruits.jpg

There are a LOT of professional athletes in that list, mostly retired.

A couple who had their 15 minutes of fame, but haven't been heard from in a while - Cocaine Cassie, and Dr Craig Challen (from the Thai Cave Rescue).

I can genuinely say that I have never heard of Lindy Klim, Mahalia Murphy, or Zima Anderson. I recognise Tim Robards' name, but have NFI who he is. With 10 of 14 having genuine name recognition, that must be close to an all-time record for an Australian "celebrity" reality TV show.

There are a few people looking for redemption stories - Craig McLachlan, Peter Bol, and Cocaine girl. Nothing could ever redeem Anthony Mundine, who will probably bail 2 minutes into the show, like he has every other time someone's been stupid enough to cast him in a Celebrity Reality TV show.

Interesting to see the series is shooting overseas this time, somewhere in the Middle East (the UK version filmed a series in Jordan). Most of the UK series have been filmed outside the UK.

I wonder if this will be the year where they finally start treating the Aus celebs the same as they do the UK "recruits", complete with resistance to torture in the latter stages of the show? Doubtful...
Lindy Klim is Michael Klims (ex?) wife. Mahalia Murphy is a rugby player. Tim Robards is the first ever Bachelor (and Anna Heinrich from last seasons husband).

Zima Anderson i cant say i know but apparently she an actress.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Lindy Klim is Michael Klims (ex?) wife. Mahalia Murphy is a rugby player. Tim Robards is the first ever Bachelor (and Anna Heinrich from last seasons husband).

Zima Anderson i cant say i know but apparently she an actress.
Michael Klim, I know. Being the anonymous wife (or ex-wife) of a celebrity, does not a celebrity make.
I don't follow women's rugby, so I've never heard of Murphy. That one's on me though, not her lack of celeb status.
Couldn't GAF about The Bachelor, or any other reality dating show, so we'll put Robards in the "not a real celebrity" bin.
Apparently Anderson was on Neighbours, which is about as close to anonymous as it's possible to be in this country.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Michael Klim, I know. Being the anonymous wife (or ex-wife) of a celebrity, does not a celebrity make.
I don't follow women's rugby, so I've never heard of Murphy. That one's on me though, not her lack of celeb status.
Couldn't GAF about The Bachelor, or any other reality dating show, so we'll put Robards in the "not a real celebrity" bin.
Apparently Anderson was on Neighbours, which is about as close to anonymous as it's possible to be in this country.
Lindy is a low level entrepreneur (i think she started the Milk range on his behalf). Is Michael Klim really a celeb? Swimmers outside of the Olympics are generally pretty anonymous, hell i would argue Steph Rice is better known for her post swimming career and pic scandals than her swimming career.

Robards was the first Bach got 200k followers. Hes a modern celeb whether you like that or not.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Lindy is a low level entrepreneur (i think she started the Milk range on his behalf). Is Michael Klim really a celeb? Swimmers outside of the Olympics are generally pretty anonymous, hell i would argue Steph Rice is better known for her post swimming career and pic scandals than her swimming career.
You could make the same comment about any sports star, particularly once they're well into retirement. When was the last time anyone heard from Jason Akermanis? The height of their fame may be well and truly behind them, but they are still (or were once) bona fide celebrities.
Robards was the first Bach got 200k followers. Hes a modern celeb whether you like that or not.
No reality TV star will ever be a celebrity in my eyes. These people are oxygen thieves, nothing more, nothing less.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Haha modern celeb what a joke

Back