Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Lmao unfair dismissal that's a good one.

"Hey boss I can't come in to work tomorrow"

"Why not? You sick or something?"

"No I just got arrested on suspicion of murdering that old couple who went missing in the high country and had their camp torched"

"Well Greg we're probably gonna have to let you go. We know at Jetstar we're famous for low low prices and low low standards but even we have a strict 'no murdering' policy for our employees"

"WHAT?! YOU CAN'T FIRE ME YOU JERKS!"

There is absolutely no way he told them where the bodies were. Every time there is a confession, the cops take the accused out & make them point to the location (on video). It rules out false confessions / duress, etc

If he hasn’t confessed, they must have data from signals associated with whatever he had on him, or things that were planted by police to provide a location of him visiting the final burial site.
This would provide some major evidence that he has buried the bodies and/or tampered with them.
They will need more for a murder charge though. Obviously he did it but in the eyes of the law they will still need conclusive evidence he actually was the one to kill them

If he hasn’t confessed, they must have data from signals associated with whatever he had on him, or things that were planted by police to provide a location of him visiting the final burial site.
This would provide some major evidence that he has buried the bodies and/or tampered with them.
They will need more for a murder charge though. Obviously he did it but in the eyes of the law they will still need conclusive evidence he actually was the one to kill them
If he's gone back to the bodies, I think any judge or jury will find him guilty of murder.

I recently heard a rumour the police are considering adding an extra seven murder chargers. Desperate, a ploy or the police genuinely have something? It just a rumour.

But from the same source, they expressed concerns without a confession, it may be difficult to find him guilty for anything. I am still concerned the police had to make an arrest earlier then they wanted too. This unfair dismissal claim indicates to me he is pleading not guilty.

Also the amount of time he was in custody and getting questioned is another thing I worry about. Three days I believe. Why? That is a long time.

Last edited:
I recently heard a rumour the police are considering adding an extra seven murder chargers. Desperate, a ploy or the police genuinely have something? It just a rumour.
iu

Maybe seven extra charges, eg interfering with the bodies, covering evidence, some involving the vehicle, gun registration, etc. There is often a string of related charges in murder cases that don't see the light of day if the main charges ie the murder of each person, result in maximum penalties. There'll be 2 murder charges, either heard separately or together, depending on evidence and how he pleads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe seven extra charges, eg interfering with the bodies, covering evidence, some involving the vehicle, gun registration, etc. There is often a string of related charges in murder cases that don't see the light of day if the main charges ie the murder of each person, result in maximum penalties. There'll be 2 murder charges, either heard separately or together, depending on evidence and how he pleads.
That sounds more likely and the 7 murder charges is Chinese whispers of that.

Unless police are going to allege Lynn is up there with some of Australia's worst serial killers but I can't even think of 7 other murders that might be related

On another forum one of his ex-wife's friends explained how they had a pet pig at one stage, and after an argument, GL stabbed the pig and cut it's throat. Then later on after an argument with a neighbour, the neighbour's German shepherd got the same treatment.

The fascinating part of what happened here is the Police suddenly had a location to search after their 3 day questioning with Lynn. Was this a co-incidence or from the outside it appears they gained the location during the interview period? First logic suggests Lynn must of told them however we now expect there may have been other avenues Police used to get the exact location. Tracker on his vehicle that shows he may have returned to the site, or a track or trail from his in vehicle navigator, who knows? One can take a hint from Mr Mclennan who said quote "There is a substantial case and evidence against Mr Lynn" that he will need to review. This suggests more than one suggestion of guilt?

I've posted it earlier and I'll say it again. A source of mine who works within the high country said the cops set a trap for him to go up there. There's no way he would tell the cops the location and then try and sue Jetstar for unfair dismissal. Gotta use some logic here

Doesn't draw any conclusions about his involvement in her death, but doesn't exactly rule him out either. Could be some explosive and/or extensive revelations in May, if the large police brief goes beyond the Clay/Hill murders.

The police wouldn't generally do that as it could be seen as prejudicial to his pending case. Infact you will probably find that media reports like this are few and far between as it may be used by GL's defence team.

Once this case has been heard that is the time that the coppers will go start looking down other avenues if they believe there is anything to it.

I've posted it earlier and I'll say it again. A source of mine who works within the high country said the cops set a trap for him to go up there. There's no way he would tell the cops the location and then try and sue Jetstar for unfair dismissal. Gotta use some logic here
This makes some sense without knowing the legalities to his claim. As for the trap they set one can only assume they used a tracker of sorts, won't be long now until we find out.

The police wouldn't generally do that as it could be seen as prejudicial to his pending case. Infact you will probably find that media reports like this are few and far between as it may be used by GL's defence team.

Once this case has been heard that is the time that the coppers will go start looking down other avenues if they believe there is anything to it.
They have already been looking into Lisa Lynn's death. The police flew down to Tasmania and interviewed her parents and best friend. About two weeks ago they were in Queensland interviewing another friend.

Just stumbled over this excellent December article, worth a repost as a refresher if anybody is interested.

Lynn knew it was only a matter of time before police came knocking – though he didn’t expect it to be at Arbuckle Junction, in mountainous country notorious for keeping its secrets.

Driven to Sale, showered and fed, he was taken to the interview room to be asked questions under a caution that anything he said could be used in evidence.

The fact that he spent three nights in custody before he was charged meant he was happy to talk to police about many things, including the disappearance of the couple. But there is a world of difference between a conversation and a confession. The details of what he said will remain confidential until he appears in open court, where he will be entitled to the presumption of innocence.

In such cases it is almost certain his lawyer would have recommended he didn’t talk, but Lynn chose to engage regardless. This is a path often taken by the innocent, or by those who think they are the cleverest person in the room.

In 1999, Lynn’s marriage collapsed and shortly afterwards, in October that year, Lisa was found dead in the garden of her home. It was listed as suicide from an overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol. To learn more about Greg Lynn’s past, police investigating the Clay and Hill disappearances have quietly called for the file on his first wife’s death.

Clay and Hill are not the only unsolved disappearances in the high country. While Lynn is not a suspect, police will, as a matter of completeness, attempt to plot his movements at the time when other campers and hikers have gone missing in Victoria’s high country.

They will include Neils Becker, 39, an experienced hiker who went missing on a five-day hike in October 2019; Conrad Whitlock, 72, who left his white BMW in darkness on the side of Mount Buller Road along with his jacket, mobile phone and keys in July 2019; former Barwon Prison governor David Prideaux, 50, who went missing on Mount Stirling in June 2011; and Warren Meyer, 57, who disappeared from Dom Dom Saddle in March 2008.

They have already been looking into Lisa Lynn's death. The police flew down to Tasmania and interviewed her parents and best friend. About two weeks ago they were in Queensland interviewing another friend.
I am please to know that they are being thorough in their investigation. Hope you and your family are doing well atm.

Back