AFLW Collingwood v Richmond Saturday March 12, 3.10 pm Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Our awareness seems really bad at times when we gather the ball - would love to hear from people at the game whether our girls are mutes - I know our men's side was many years ago. It's usually a symptom getting caught from not enough talk.

Molan runs defensively to space, not to pick some one up - disaster thinking - I say run but it is more accurate to call it lumber

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that caps of our 2022 season. Sucks that we ended the season with our biggest loss but that’s to be expected with our outs this round.

Our midfield seriously needs to be looked at in the off-season. We don’t have the speed, depth, and contest-winning ability to match it with the best. I don’t know what happens from here, but it’s our biggest issue.

Well that caps of our 2022 season. Sucks that we ended the season with our biggest loss but that’s to be expected with our outs this round.

Our midfield seriously needs to be looked at in the off-season. We don’t have the speed, depth, and contest-winning ability to match it with the best. I don’t know what happens from here, but it’s our biggest issue.
Forward and Mid I reckon.

Conti - say no more!
Bracat keeps improving - will keep getting better you'd hope as she is young. Can look really sharp. More consistency.
Kiely a tagging run with type you have to have.
McKenzie was getting fit, better for next season
Really missed S'osking bash and crash in the midfield
Desperately want to Seymour played as a tall mid.
You can see Yassir in there in a few seasons - maybe sooner sadly!

Need a Toogood type and an A-grade mid at a bare minimum.

well thank fu** that's finished, 6 goal loss is a fair result, considering the players we had out there
midfield = Conti and then pretty much nothing

a few players pretty much stamped their delisting papers
Molan, Jacques, Maker-Chuot & a probably a few more

Yeah I thought 50pt loss coming - we were lucky they were wasteful.

Yep, and a few more! But that depends on what is available sadly. We may actually need to keep Jacques :whistle:

yep 100% our ball getting mids is the No 1 problem
Conti 24 x 23+ disposals in a game, S Hosking the only other 1 x, in 3 years of footy seasons

McKenzie is there abouts and will join the 23+ disposal club, but can't see anyone else that even looks close ATM
Brancatisano ?, can't see it
Kiely ?, maybe
Lavey ? probably
Dempsey ? maybe
this is the biggest problem we've got, THE BIGGEST

Conti 24 x 23+ disposals in a game, S Hosking the only other 1 x, in 3 years of footy seasons

McKenzie is there abouts and will join the 23+ disposal club, but can't see anyone else that even looks close ATM
Kiely ?, maybe
Lavey ? probably
Dempsey ? maybe
Couldn’t see Kiely pressing 20+ ,,,lavey and KD close, but Odds are they wouldn’t

Yeah I thought 50pt loss coming - we were lucky they were wasteful.

Yep, and a few more! But that depends on what is available sadly. We may actually need to keep Jacques :whistle:
Yea I saw it coming only watched on and off ,,na flick Jacques, hopeless , dargan and molan too just nowhere near the std of W , cut deep and reload

Was at the game and paid particular attention to our forward structure. The fluency and connection between mids to forwards is putrid, especially without Brennan. Nobody leads to a spot.

Without Lavey we don't have runners. You could see Collingwood had so much pace through the corridor; when we had run off turnover the ball carrier had to stop and prop rather than hit up an option.

Umpires were despicable but what else is new.

Kiely ?, maybe
Lavey ? probably
Dempsey ? maybe
Yes I agree. Out of all our games, we’ve only won the disposal count 2 times this year (against the current bottom 2 in West Coast and St Kilda). Losing the disposal count can be irrelevant if you’re winning the territory battle, but we only won the inside 50s count 3 times this season. We also only won contested possessions twice this year and clearances 4 times. If you add all of this together, then it’s spelling a really ugly picture about our midfield.

We just don’t have enough players that can actually get and retain possession unfortunately. Needs an overhaul.

Forward and Mid I reckon.

Conti - say no more!
Bracat keeps improving - will keep getting better you'd hope as she is young. Can look really sharp. More consistency.
Kiely a tagging run with type you have to have.
McKenzie was getting fit, better for next season
Really missed S'osking bash and crash in the midfield
Desperately want to Seymour played as a tall mid.
You can see Yassir in there in a few seasons - maybe sooner sadly!

Need a Toogood type and an A-grade mid at a bare minimum.

yeah your right, backline is solid our strongest line ( yeah thought it might be around the 50+ loss mark today)
we've got good players down back, probably 7 - 8 players good enough to rotate thru there: Shevlin, Cordner, D'Arcy, Miller, J.Hosking, McClelland, Sansonetti and with Lynch being a work in progress

a big yes from me for Yassir & Seymour to play in the midfield, next season
can't be worse than what we usually try in there Dargan, Molan, Burchell & Jacques

Fwd line is a problem (not as big as mids)
other than Brennan, Wakefield and Yassir, the rest s**t me to tears
probably we have to keep Stahl but * me she's woeful, just a shithouse footballer (some have said talented, what talent????)
Bernardi too old and slow, the rest they put up there have no impact (Reid too young, Jacques too s**t etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back