WTA WTA 2022

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My boss told me I sucked once and I wanted to crawl into a hole. The words have obviously cut Naomi because she isn't in a great mental state and isn't thinking clearly. Take some more time off and only come back when you really want to do it and are 100%. If she doesn't come back, she has had a great career and hopefully finds something that gives her some peace of mind. Hopefully someone in the crowd sitting near the person who yelled that out, put them back in their place.

If you can't take that on the tennis court then she clearly isn't ready to be on the court atm. It's not nice but it reality of being a pro athlete. People say dumb sh**

She has to develop a thicker skin or this will keep happening

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I just hope Osaka is alright. She just had a big break

I know, it is sport and these things happen. But you have to be a complete arse to say that in a tennis match. Its not like it was Rangers v Celtic or team v team. It is one player against another.

I just hope Osaka is alright. She just had a big break

I know, it is sport and these things happen. But you have to be a complete arse to say that in a tennis match. Its not like it was Rangers v Celtic or team v team. It is one player against another.

Oh come off it jeez, talk about Osaka wanting to be the ultimate drama queen. Oh somebody says "you suck" when you flipping were sucking! She lost a set 6-0 to this girl lol

The Russian players are copping it more do you see them making a scene and crying lol...

Then she has the audacity to have an interview after the match and compare it to Serena's treatment lol

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Oh come off it jeez, talk about Osaka wanting to be the ultimate drama queen. Oh somebody says "you suck" when you flipping were sucking! She lost a set 6-0 to this girl lol

The Russian players are copping it more do you see them making a scene and crying lol...

Then she has the audacity to have an interview after the match and compare it to Serena's treatment lol
Osaka is a delicate soul. Always has been. Is that a good thing for her tennis and wellbeing in sport where people think they can get away with anything? No, but I won't victim blame here.

Osaka is a delicate soul. Always has been. Is that a good thing for her tennis and wellbeing in sport where people think they can get away with anything? No, but I won't victim blame here.

If the bloke paid money to watch that session and you have Osaka sucking then sorry to be blunt you have every right to say it. He/she is only saying what everyone was thinking. Osaka did suck. I wouldn't do it personally but if you paid money I get it.

Amanda Anisimovahas more of a reason to be a bit sensitive.

Least you know if all it takes is for a heckler or two to beat Osaka you'd be silly not to hire a few randoms if you were playing Naomi!

The Post match interview was odd. She could've addressed the issue in the press conference.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
If the bloke paid money to watch that session and you have Osaka sucking then sorry to be blunt you have every right to say it. He/she is only saying what everyone was thinking. Osaka did suck. I wouldn't do it personally but if you paid money I get it.

Amanda Anisimovahas more of a reason to be a bit sensitive.

Least you know if all it takes is for a heckler or two to beat Osaka you'd be silly not to hire a few randoms if you were playing Naomi!
I hope no-one would do that. Though, certain players definitely would

I think we have a difference of opinion regarding what paying money entities you do to. I think Tennis(non-team tennis) is different to say AFL or soccer. you shouldn't be so invested in an outcome of a match to yell out abuse. Paying money doesn't change that fact for me.

The Post match interview was odd. She could've addressed the issue in the press conference.

Typical girl that screams of entitlement cannot stand her and her whinging

I think we have a difference of opinion regarding what paying money entities you do to. I think Tennis(non-team tennis) is different to say AFL or soccer. you shouldn't be so invested in an outcome of a match to yell out abuse. Paying money doesn't change that fact for me.

Each to their own. I’m just so over Osaka and her whinging about minor things and making everything about her

Osaka will be well out of the top 100 soon, she is defending Quarter Final points at Miami in a couple of weeks

Good. Deserves it too. Rubbish form all year long.

Shouldn't be yelling out abuse? Of course.... Will it still happen? Of course... It's unrealistic to expect everyone just to be nice.

I just find it baffling that a 4-time slam champion can get ruffled by something like this. She clearly has a lot of issues that she's going through..

when did Golubic become the 31st seed.

Very good week for Dasha, who is playing in blue and yellow.

Rybakina also beat Azarenka, the 2021 finalist

Golubic has had a really good 2 months or so. Still not sure how she is seeded but she’s playing well.

Rybakina should be beating Azarenka who I won’t be shocked if she retires soon to be a mum

Back