Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

AFL 2022: All the Adelaide Crows team news ahead of Round 1​

Adelaide’s star recruit is on track to play his first game for the club in Round 1, as debutants press their claim for a start. Plus who’s in the mix at Port Adelaide.

Boom Adelaide recruit Jordan Dawson is making significant progress towards a Round 1 debut for the Crows.
Dawson didn’t feature for the Crows in any of their pre-season matches, first because of Covid-19 protocols and then through calf soreness.

He has not been in full training but trained with the main group on Monday.

The session at West Lakes was a light one with the Crows taking on Fremantle on Sunday at Adelaide Oval.

Dawson got through the running and kicking parts of the session.

The Crows have their main session on Wednesday, which will be key to whether Dawson makes his first appearance in Adelaide colours against the Dockers.

Mitch Hinge was also back training with the main group after he was rested last week following a knock to his AC joint in the shoulder he dislocated on multiple occasions in 2021.

Riley Thilthorpe is also on track for Round 1 after he came down with a non-Covid illness last week.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide

Boom Adelaide recruit Jordan Dawson is making significant progress towards a Round 1 debut for the Crows.
Dawson didn’t feature for the Crows in any of their pre-season matches, first because of Covid-19 protocols and then through calf soreness.

He has not been in full training but trained with the main group on Monday.

The session at West Lakes was a light one with the Crows taking on Fremantle on Sunday at Adelaide Oval.

Dawson got through the running and kicking parts of the session.

The Crows have their main session on Wednesday, which will be key to whether Dawson makes his first appearance in Adelaide colours against the Dockers.

Mitch Hinge was also back training with the main group after he was rested last week following a knock to his AC joint in the shoulder he dislocated on multiple occasions in 2021.

Riley Thilthorpe is also on track for Round 1 after he came down with a non-Covid illness last week.
Seems risky for Dawson to play round 1.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven't been paying too much attention lately, is Milera any chance for round 1 or expected to come through via SANFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it just me, or does nobody really care all that much anymore?

The board has never been thus quiet a few days before the opener, and I can barely be arsed to make sure I even watch

Has covid, AFL admin, other (?) sucked all the joy out of it, or is it just me?
The board seems quiet yes but I am super excited for the footy to start again…

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide

The board has never been thus quiet a few days before the opener, and I can barely be arsed to make sure I even watch

I feel the lack of pre season games took away from the build up somewhat. I haven't really paid much attention for a month or so but suspect I'll be more interested when we actually start to play or even just the first game in general.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel the lack of pre season games took away from the build up somewhat. I haven't really paid much attention for a month or so but suspect I'll be more interested when we actually start to play or even just the first game in general.
That's my take. The preseason has been a total waste of time.
They need to strongly consider removing preseason games and increasing the length of the season.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide

Maybe people have other things on their minds at the moment.
The floods in NSW / Qld, the war in Ukraine, petrol prices going through the roof
And then the AFL start the season with Carlton and Richmond again for the umpteenth time. Really, that's been a disaster for years
The umpires are trying even harder to make the game about them
We've got a crap midfield ;)
No wonder people don't care much for the start of the season ?

Build up to this season has been awful, the pre-season matches were an afterthought. Probably doesn't help that we're a bad team so for some it'll be hard to get invested in a team that won't make finals

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some years you get all the luck with opposition players missing the week you play them, suspension/injury etc, these 1 percenters add up.

Maynard already out in round 2.

I swear, this is our year.
I get the gag but no Walker, Seedsman or Laird (possible Dawson too) makes me wonder which coach is happiest.
It's great that footy's back!😁

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC

Not gonna lie I've been depressed since the final siren at the G 2017 grandfinal, a part of me died that day, I don't think I'll ever get it back, I certainly don't love the game as much, I find it easier to watch teams where I don't care about the result. Throw in global pandemic, work being a s**t show, the threat or war on the horizon, inflation, the absolutely inept federal government. Something it's hard to look forward to a future when you don't really see a good one for yourself.

Sep 8, 2008
Pacific Northwest
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Seattle Seahawks

I feel like that every time we play Freo.

Back