News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me a cynic but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there have been falsified vaccination documents in pro tennis and elsewhere. Half the players were still unvaccinated at last year's US Open. And after the AO shenanigans, I wouldn't trust tennis officials or 'independent medical panels' one iota.
I was thinking the same, I wouldn't be surprised if a few tennis players bought false documents.

I believe at one point that Medvedev was against the vaccine

But I find it hard to believe that de minaur would be caught up with this saga

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Posted in the Djokovic thread that 'fake' VAXX passports would be likely in the tennis world, as in the real would - I also thought this was a bigger potential issue then Djokovic not being vaxxed - Will say that it was always likely that many athletes in all sports would wait until the end of the season to be vaxxed - We also saw this with the AFL and the NRL.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

Probably the highest-profile current Ukrainian athlete. She won't play unless the Russian Players are no longer Russian.

and it seems the WTA/ATP/ITF will do that. The Russians will have no nationality when they play. The WTA has taken the flags off the Russian players on the ranking leaderboard.

It will be similar to the IOC and use the ROC instead Russia. They are free to play but have no flags or other symbols.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
The rankings system must be wrong if Federer is still ranked 27 with the ATP after barely playing in the last two years.
I think Federer still has points from Indian Wells from 2019.

checks
Federer still has points in
Miami final 2019
Wimbledon final 2019.
Halle 2019 title

that is a lot of points still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
You know Putin has stuffed up when he can even make Danaya Yastremska likeable. Yastremska was in Ukraine when the bombs started.

Good move by the tennis governments. It is a signal that this war is not right and it doesn't punish the Russian Players from making a living. Not their fault he is their President

I think Federer still has points from Indian Wells from 2019.

checks
Federer still has points in
Miami final 2019
Wimbledon final 2019.
Halle 2019 title

that is a lot of points still

This is showing the flaws in the system - You should not be holding points from 2019, even taking into account the COVID interrupted 2020 season.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel like Barty is going to have a long lay off, she seems to be having a major let down following her AO win, like she put so much into it and now its taken an edge off her desire to want to play. Hope she finds her passion to play again soon

This was from a press release last week with the tie being in Australia - Maybe there is updated news.

Because of Russia being withdrawn we get their spot so no need for the tie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back