okay so i guess the 2 year contract she signed this year is a smoke screen 🤣

but you forgot to mention from your breaking news previous post 🤣

Feb 12, 2022
With McKenzie and conti gone at years end to hawks
Miller is off to the swans
Yassir to the dons

what about your earth shattering previous post 🤣

Feb 12, 2022
Teams are lining up for our players believing they've been poorly coached and our fitness staff have failed to get them up to aflw level

wouldn't this include the likes of Seymour, Brennan & Lavey 🤣

Yappie Dribbles, stop it, i'm laughing so much, my stomach hurts like hell 🤣

are you the one saying the same thing about our male players leaving, on our AFL board ? 🤣

all you've given are bullshit rumors with zero info to back up your posts 🤣
and you've embarrassed yourself as a poster, with having zero credibility 🤣

i'm sad for you, really i am 😂 😂 😂

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
well another season has passed
what are your thoughts on what we need and who we don't want at the club come next season
for me these players have to go
Sophie Molan
Kodi Jacques
Sarah Dargan
Akec Makur-Chuot
Tayla Stahl
I think Jacques will stay but the rest are spot on. I reckon Burchell will go instead of Jacques. .

I think Jacques will stay but the rest are spot on. I reckon Burchell will go instead of Jacques. .

I think Stanley nailed it too - plus McLaren and Ross. Bernardi might retire if it is the worst diagnosis, which it looks like from my personal experience with knees. I'm no doc though. That is a lot to replace in a compromised draft AND we need another A-grade mid somehow and quality forward like a Toogood

No intel but would not be surprised if Burchell puts here career first now. Always a hard one - I think if the Club was being fair they would encourage that too. We are a great Club like that.

Jacques should go, it's just that she will still be better than the last person we get to consider taking her place I suspect. That could be different in a few years time, but I suspect right now, in the short turnaround season coming, she gets a reprieve becuase she has shown some patches in games. Dargan is another in that category, just!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Stanley nailed it too - plus McLaren and Ross. Bernardi might retire if it is the worst diagnosis, which it looks like from my personal experience with knees. I'm no doc though. That is a lot to replace in a compromised draft AND we need another A-grade mid somehow and quality forward like a Toogood

No intel but would not be surprised if Burchell puts here career first now. Always a hard one - I think if the Club was being fair they would encourage that too. We are a great Club like that.

Jacues should go, it's just that she will still be better than the last person we get to consider taking her place I suspect. That could be different in a few years time, but I suspect right now, in the short turnaround season coming, she gets a reprieve becuase she has shown some patches in games. Dargan is another in that category, just!

great post Phar Ace
we can't cut too deep this year given there's a good chance all clubs will be back in 2 months for preseason training
agree on Jacques & Dargan will probably stay on, maybe Ross & McLaren as well (Cordner ACL inactive cover)

will be interesting next few months with expansion signings and general trading
can't see us getting a gun mid and/or a Toogood type fwd (as much as i wished it would happen) with all the player movements being snapped up by expansion teams

we'll probably keep our powder dry for next season me thinks

i'm inclined to think Burchell will be kept for ACL rehab reasons, but placed on inactive list for a year
maybe next year she gets delisted
Probably puts the Club first and retires (just a guess). She is such a selfless human

great post Phar Ace
we can't cut too deep this year given there's a good chance all clubs will be back in 2 months for preseason training
agree on Jacques & Dargan will probably stay on, maybe Ross & McLaren as well (Cordner ACL inactive cover)

will be interesting next few months with expansion signings and general trading
can't see us getting a gun mid and/or a Toogood type fwd (as much as i wished it would happen) with all the player movements being snapped up by expansion teams

we'll probably keep our powder dry for next season me thinks
We'll have to get one of those types at least or we are going backwards - two is wishful thinking perhaps, but one at least!

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Molan off to the dons
yeah okay, they can have her

Mackenzie to hawks as a star signing been in works for ages
okay so i guess the 2 year contract she signed this year is a smoke screen 🤣

but you forgot to mention from your breaking news previous post 🤣

Feb 12, 2022
With McKenzie and conti gone at years end to hawks
Miller is off to the swans
Yassir to the dons

what about your earth shattering previous post 🤣

Feb 12, 2022
Teams are lining up for our players believing they've been poorly coached and our fitness staff have failed to get them up to aflw level

wouldn't this include the likes of Seymour, Brennan & Lavey 🤣

Yappie Dribbles, stop it, i'm laughing so much, my stomach hurts like hell 🤣

are you the one saying the same thing about our male players leaving, on our AFL board ? 🤣

all you've given are bullshit rumors with zero info to back up your posts 🤣
and you've embarrassed yourself as a poster, with having zero credibility 🤣

i'm sad for you, really i am 😂 😂 😂
Oh you didnt mention his first lot of posts , Paul Roos to be announced NM coach next Wednesday

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
well another season has passed
what are your thoughts on what we need and who we don't want at the club come next season
for me these players have to go
Sophie Molan
Kodi Jacques
Sarah Dargan
Akec Makur-Chuot
Tayla Stahl
Tbh I’m most intrigued if we overhaul recruiting dept, am guessing we don’t as this guy is only 12m in but he didn’t exactly bowl me over with last years haul , millzy looks a goer , not sure where her ceiling is , very small

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Tipping she might given season start in August , has got herself fit as ever ,worth one more roll of the dice

yeah i'm tending to agree with you
missed most of this season, got fit, only 4 months till the next season
would makes sense to her to finish this year with another season under her belt
you only get one chance, then you're retired forever

What's the rule about how many we have to take in the draft?

I reckon we might have hit the point where the young 'uns coming in don't have the immediate impact they have in the last coupla seasons. Georgie Prespakis is an example. Touted as the clear #1 pick, been good, but hasn't shifted the comp the way Maddie did.

And all the better teams have established cores that seem to improve season on season, without huge impact from the injection of youth.

So, I'd want to see us delist the minimum number, and keep putting development into the players we have. If that's only three, we could have that many retirements.

I reckon the priority is hanging onto as many as we can. Inevitable we'll lose a few to expansion.

Clear need for players who take contested marks and some outside pace and polish, IMO.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

I reckon we might have hit the point where the young 'uns coming in don't have the immediate impact they have in the last coupla seasons. Georgie Prespakis is an example. Touted as the clear #1 pick, been good, but hasn't shifted the comp the way Maddie did.

And all the better teams have established cores that seem to improve season on season, without huge impact from the injection of youth.

So, I'd want to see us delist the minimum number, and keep putting development into the players we have. If that's only three, we could have that many retirements.

I reckon the priority is hanging onto as many as we can. Inevitable we'll lose a few to expansion.

Clear need for players who take contested marks and some outside pace and polish, IMO.

i believe it's 3, but not 100% sure
Saints had 3 draft picks this year, picked 2 & passed on the last pick
then signed undrafted free agent Leah Cutting from S.A

So, I'd want to see us delist the minimum number, and keep putting development into the players we have
this is fair enough, but we've put 3 years of development into
Molan
Brancatisano
Burchell
Jacques
Sansonetti
McClelland
Ross
Stahl
Makur-Chuot

and 2 years into
Dargan

none of these players have screamed improved development/consistency
some seemed to have gone backwards, when do you say they're not going to make it in the AFLW?

i do agree though that we can't cut too deep this year, because expansion teams will make trading & drafting very difficult

all of the above players wont make us a better, winning consistently, team i'm afraid as it stands
would any of the above players make it on a top 6 teams list? no they would not

we definitely have to become more ruthless with our list
the mantra has to be you play well, contribute to the success of the RFC or there is no place for you on our list
brutal and harsh yes, but what's the point in playing 5 or 6 players who can't beat their opponents & get 10 disposal between them every game

yes we've been in the comp only 3 years, but Sheahan and Co need to understand that we are the biggest club in Australia
we play for Premierships and success, not to make up the numbers & if they can't deliver we'll replace you with someone who will
we don't wait for 10+ years for success/Premierships anymore, those days are long gone

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
We'll have to get one of those types at least or we are going backwards - two is wishful thinking perhaps, but one at least!

i hope so too Phar Ace, another 15 - 20 disposals/game midfielder would be awesome
someone that is not in their teams main midfield rotation, only getting a go here and there

Sarah Rowe (Pies) is one that would be ideal, got 18 disp against us & wouldn't be in the midfield if Davey & Bonnici weren't injured
Ellie Gavalas 19disp (Kangas) on the weekend
Shelley Heath 15disp, Sarah Lampard 17disp (Demons) on the weekend
Madeline Guerin 19disp (Blues) on the weekend

yeah the chances of getting the above to move would be close to zero, but these types are what we should be going for
in hindsight in our 1st year we should have traded the top picks we had for Molan, McLelland & Sansonetti for more mids like the above types

We've only traded for 1 gun mid (Conti) & a decent mid (S.Hosking) and drafted one gun mid (McKenzie) so far, which we all know is not good enough

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Hmmm no as the record of development is Low ,, Miller Seymour , to a lesser KD and branc ,, the rest have fizzled since draft if they haven’t fired early on. I’d cut reasonably deep , we know who the hacks are no amount of development will help the molans dargan Jacques and so on they simply are way off

ha ha, you've said this a few times TigermanM2
get the wheels turning & make it happen, stalk her on social media if you have to ;)

Yeah look I've been a fan of Lily's from day 1.

Slowish start to 2022 but has had a super last couple of games.

Small in stature but tough, finds the footy, tackles, gains meters. The only thing that's probably lacking in her game is hitting the scoreboard which has also been something that Mon Conti hasn't been able to do regularly but I'll happily take that.

24 so will still not quite at her peak so plenty of upside.

Sat near her at the 2020 AFL GF and told here she needed to keep the colours she was wearing into the next AFLW season but it wasn't to be. Think Daisy Pearce has this hold on players that's hard to break. Can't really complain as I think KB has the same sort of influence for us.

You'd think her dad, as an ex Tiger board member, would get in her ear.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah look I've been a fan of Lily's from day 1.

Slowish start to 2022 but has had a super last couple of games.

Small in stature but tough, finds the footy, tackles, gains meters. The only thing that's probably lacking in her game is hitting the scoreboard which has also been something that Mon Conti hasn't been able to do regularly but I'll happily take that.

24 so will still not quite at her peak so plenty of upside.

Sat near her at the 2020 AFL GF and told here she needed to keep the colours she was wearing into the next AFLW season but it wasn't to be. Think Daisy Pearce has this hold on players that's hard to break. Can't really complain as I think KB has the same sort of influence for us.

You'd think her dad, as an ex Tiger board member, would get in her ear.

Lily Mithen is probably a bridge too far, Demon's wouldn't let her go for anything
she's locked up until 2023 as well & i think she has a "thing" going with Kate Hore

but i'm very warm on Shelley Heath
only 21, plays outside of the midfield, mainly back, but played a tagging fwd role on Emma Kearney and kept her quiet, no small feat
got some pace, ball getting ability, tackles hard & she's tough as
i think she'd go pretty well in our midfield rotation & she's a junior Australian taekwondo champion :bomb:

she's one that could be gettable for the right price & promise of midfield time
would be a big upgrade on Brancatisano, who goes in the centre when Conti/S.Hosking are resting

while we're both targeting Demon players, i wouldn't mind Sarah Lampard as well
if Cordner could get in Heath & Lampard's ear about coming over, who knows what can happen

Last edited:

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
i believe it's 3, but not 100% sure
Saints had 3 draft picks this year, picked 2 & passed on the last pick
then signed undrafted free agent Leah Cutting from S.A

So, I'd want to see us delist the minimum number, and keep putting development into the players we have
this is fair enough, but we've put 3 years of development into
Molan
Brancatisano
Burchell
Jacques
Sansonetti
McClelland
Ross
Stahl
Makur-Chuot

and 2 years into
Dargan

none of these players have screamed improved development/consistency
some seemed to have gone backwards, when do you say they're not going to make it in the AFLW?

i do agree though that we can't cut too deep this year, because expansion teams will make trading & drafting very difficult

all of the above players wont make us a better, winning consistently, team i'm afraid as it stands
would any of the above players make it on a top 6 teams list? no they would not

we definitely have to become more ruthless with our list
the mantra has to be you play well, contribute to the success of the RFC or there is no place for you on our list
brutal and harsh yes, but what's the point in playing 5 or 6 players who can't beat their opponents & get 10 disposal between them every game

yes we've been in the comp only 3 years, but Sheahan and Co need to understand that we are the biggest club in Australia
we play for Premierships and success, not to make up the numbers & if they can't deliver we'll replace you with someone who will
we don't wait for 10+ years for success/Premierships anymore, those days are long gone
I agree with most of your comments SJ but you've got a few very wrong.

Sansonetti has improved significantly this season. McClelland also improved alot before her injury. Ross didn't play all year so you can't put her in that list.

Molan was always a dud and Jacques and Burchell always VFL level footballers. Dargan was a Sheehan special that anyone with half an eye for talent could see wasn't going to cut it.

Stahl is the one whose gone backwards. Apart from 1qtr v West Coast she was woeful this season

Back