A community service announcement to all Collingwood supporters c/o the Brisbane Lions FC

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I apologise to all Lion supporters for bringing this subject up again on this board, but I think it is desperately needed to assist our Magpie friends. I keep reading ridiculous trade suggestions from them involving our players on this site, so I thought I would make a list of the CFC players who will never, ever, play for the Brisbane Lions. It seems like we are a popular choice for many of the black and white discards - and we all know (Collingwood and Lion supporters), that none of these players will ever be accepted by the BLFC.

Two things first up - we are not Fremantle. We don't accept dud trades or loose change (just by adding more duds, it does not make the trade more enticing). Secondly, Leigh Matthews is our coach - he doesn't accept soft players.

(Btw, this is for the majority of their supporters, and not directed at those who know a bit about football (i.e. Nick, Lonie, Cyclops).

So now that is sorted, on to the list. And there's no better place to start, than the beginning.

1. Ryan Lonie - voted as the toughest player in the league by our players. He's not. It was a joke. Stop kiding yourselves - if you find you have a trade involving Ryan Lonie coming to the Brisbane Lions, think again. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

2. Leon "Neon" Davis - 0.0.0. What more needs to be said? The most overrated player in the game - and he's hardly rated. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

3. Chris Egan - another name regularly mentioned. He looks like he belongs in an aquarium. Has shown nothing. Is he even playing in the Williamstown seniors? Will never be traded to Brisbane.

4. Tarkyn Lockyer - a favourite name often included in the "loose change" category. "They may not accept Leon Davis for Charman, but what if we throw in Tarkyn Lockyer?" No. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

5. Rhyce Shaw - hahahahaha. Would never be taken seriously at training. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

6. Guy Richards - if he isn't the worst player running around in the AFL, he would be number two. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

7. Sean Rusling - no. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

8. Shane O'Bree - :). He's all yours. Will never be traded back to Brisbane.

9. Paul Licuria - Dipper could out-run him. You spend half your time cursing the bloke, and the other half trying to dish him off. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

10. Brodie Holland, Ben Johnson - we need our players on the paddock. Not in gaol. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

11. Ben Davies, Ryan Cook, Sam Iles- who? Seen their names come up quite a bit. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

12. Scott Burns, Shane Wakelin, Simon Prestiagacomo, Anthony Rocca - all too old. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

13. Nathan Buckley - had to include him. Obviously he will retire at the end of the year anyway, but he is more than welcome to visit The Den anytime he likes to view the trophies he left to win.

And just for your information, some of these players have not been offered as trade bait... yet. But if you are thinking about including them, just take a friendly stroll to this thread and see if their name is on the list. If it is, don't bother offering that particular individual to Brisbane. You know none of these players will ever get traded to us.

Thanks for your time. This has been a community service announcement for the benefit of all our feathered friends. Please stop by any time you like. :)

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sorry Warwick but I'll take Sean Russling. Great young player. Unlucky with injuries.
One I was tossing up - that's why I didn't give an explanation why he wouldn't be traded to us. I agree he has been crucified with injuries - but that is one of the reasons why I would not trade for him, unless it was a very fair trade. Charman for Rusling is not a fair trade.

Quigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2006
Bangalla
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Carn Wozza. Don't let a few injuries worry ya. I would probably take that hack Didak. Garner would probably get it done. Both have are young but have a history of injury. Fair trade that all round.

Mar 23, 2007
Koh Phangan
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
5. Rhyce Shaw - hahahahaha. Would never be taken seriously at training. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

My personal all time favourite Bribane Lions moment 2003 GF, when Shaw sees Lynchie coming and totally s***s himself, coughs up the pill, Lynch picks up, shimmies, and goals from 40 metres on the boundary. Oh how I laughed and laughed. Thought he'd never play again at that point, certainly therefore agree with you that he'll never in a million years play with the mighty, righteous Lions. :thumbsu:

May 20, 2006
In the Clique.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know that there is a bit of witticism about this thread but I am going to defend Rhyce Shaw. Last year he was very good for Collingwood and this year he has been outstanding. I thought he was a long way from were he is today after his infamous grand final but he is now for me close to one of the best defenders in the comp.

May 20, 2006
In the Clique.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In fact I am not a Collingwood hater or any other opposition team to be honest. But if I was going to start an anti thread it would be based on the sublime arrogance of one Eddie McGuire in this item this morning. I have heard him babble about history before. Well Eddie if history was not a fluid concept the Maguires would still be digging peat in the bogs of Irelend and Collingwood, in fact AFL footy, would be beyond your imagination. History Schmistory. You get over it Eddie.

NICK THE PIE MAN

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
I know that there is a bit of witticism about this thread but I am going to defend Rhyce Shaw. Last year he was very good for Collingwood and this year he has been outstanding. I thought he was a long way from were he is today after his infamous grand final but he is now for me close to one of the best defenders in the comp.

Correct.
Anyone bagging Rhyce Shaw has obviously not watched much football this year.

Jan 27, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Blackpool FC Perth Glory FC
I apologise to all Lion supporters for bringing this subject up again on this board, but I think it is desperately needed to assist our Magpie friends. I keep reading ridiculous trade suggestions from them involving our players on this site, so I thought I would make a list of the CFC players who will never, ever, play for the Brisbane Lions. It seems like we are a popular choice for many of the black and white discards - and we all know (Collingwood and Lion supporters), that none of these players will ever be accepted by the BLFC.

Two things first up - we are not Fremantle. We don't accept dud trades or loose change (just by adding more duds, it does not make the trade more enticing). Secondly, Leigh Matthews is our coach - he doesn't accept soft players.

(Btw, this is for the majority of their supporters, and not directed at those who know a bit about football (i.e. Nick, Lonie, Cyclops).

So now that is sorted, on to the list. And there's no better place to start, than the beginning.

1. Ryan Lonie - voted as the toughest player in the league by our players. He's not. It was a joke. Stop kiding yourselves - if you find you have a trade involving Ryan Lonie coming to the Brisbane Lions, think again. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

2. Leon "Neon" Davis - 0.0.0. What more needs to be said? The most overrated player in the game - and he's hardly rated. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

3. Chris Egan - another name regularly mentioned. He looks like he belongs in an aquarium. Has shown nothing. Is he even playing in the Williamstown seniors? Will never be traded to Brisbane.

4. Tarkyn Lockyer - a favourite name often included in the "loose change" category. "They may not accept Leon Davis for Charman, but what if we throw in Tarkyn Lockyer?" No. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

6. Guy Richards - if he isn't the worst player running around in the AFL, he would be number two. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

7. Sean Rusling - no. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

8. Shane O'Bree - :). He's all yours. Will never be traded back to Brisbane.

9. Paul Licuria - Dipper could out-run him. You spend half your time cursing the bloke, and the other half trying to dish him off. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

10. Brodie Holland, Ben Johnson - we need our players on the paddock. Not in gaol. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

11. Ben Davies, Ryan Cook, Sam Iles- who? Seen their names come up quite a bit. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

12. Scott Burns, Shane Wakelin, Simon Prestiagacomo, Anthony Rocca - all too old. Will never be traded to Brisbane.

13. Nathan Buckley - had to include him. Obviously he will retire at the end of the year anyway, but he is more than welcome to visit The Den anytime he likes to view the trophies he left to win.

And just for your information, some of these players have not been offered as trade bait... yet. But if you are thinking about including them, just take a friendly stroll to this thread and see if their name is on the list. If it is, don't bother offering that particular individual to Brisbane. You know none of these players will ever get traded to us.

Thanks for your time. This has been a community service announcement for the benefit of all our feathered friends. Please stop by any time you like. :)

I can't see how you can back up your diatribe. You link us to Collingwood and dud trades? You sound as arrogant as a wet toast fan:eek:
we'll see how our *dud* tarrant goes against you guys on sunday.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Correct.
Anyone bagging Rhyce Shaw has obviously not watched much football this year.
He is still as soft as a 2 minute egg. Made a huge blue on Anzac day when he dropped the ball after having a look and it resulted in a goal.

But I wasn't bagging him - I was saying he would never play for Brisbane. I can't see how that is wrong?
I can't see how you can back up your diatribe. You link us to Collingwood and dud trades? You sound as arrogant as a wet toast fan:eek:
we'll see how our *dud* tarrant goes against you guys on sunday.
You're joking right? :confused:

Please refer to matera.com/historyofdockers for all your information.

lion_gooner

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
the mighty GOONERS
you forgot to put in collingwood supporters language

which is not english they dont understand english not smart enough to

collingwood supporters language is rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble

like on south park

i have leant collingwoods language through knowing quite a few collingwood people it was very hard to work out what they where saying but in the end it made sense

Feb 18, 2007
Mackay
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I agree with u Warwick. It is a great honour to play for brisbane, not a right for the inconsistant hacks that play for the pies. They don't have anything that is worthy of being 'traded' to brisbane.

you forgot to put in collingwood supporters language

which is not english they dont understand english not smart enough to

collingwood supporters language is rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble

like on south park

i have leant collingwoods language through knowing quite a few collingwood people it was very hard to work out what they where saying but in the end it made sense

Lol. How ironic:D

Back