The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes make sense. Never understood the crossing on dismissal. It’s not a run anyway and why should it be treated different to any other dismissal just because someone skies a catch?

Mankad …doesn’t look great but where’s the limit to backing up too much…what wait for a warning from the bowler?

The thing that annoys me slightly with the mankad - if we're saying batsmen should still be in their crease at release of the ball, the striker should then be made to as well. I don't see why the striker should get to be out of his crease if the non batsman can't be.
I think that's different as it's related to how they receive to ball. Plus if he plays it to say short leg the fieldsman can quickly throw at stumps to run him out.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I think that's different as it's related to how they receive to ball. Plus if he plays it to say short leg the fieldsman can quickly throw at stumps to run him out.
If he plays it short, there'd be a chance at the non strikers end as well.

I get what you're saying, I just think bowlers shouldn't be fussed with it. And that's coming from an ex fast bowler. It's not like they're starting halfway up the pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Someone's gotta fill me in on where this RPCB = Babar stuff came from.

Elephants have great memories. Babar is the name of an elephant in a childrens book. Gero calls me Babar because he says that in our arguments I rip out stuff he’s said from months before to use against him.

Sometimes he calls me Babz. So you know.

Easily the best format is tests.

Babar with a unbelievable innings to steer his side to a draw, but the break through brings about two more wickets now Pakistan have gone from safe draw with outside chance of victory to desperately clinging to the draw.

Back