Rumour If the audio doing the rounds of Tom Morris is accurate his career at fox is over

Remove this Banner Ad

Homophobic? After saying how she was the best looking girl, amazing to talk to and great fun he basically in a crude way said she was off the market for his friends due to her sexuality…

How many movies or tv shows have we seen women disappointed to find out a male is gay due to wanting to date them?

Yeah forgot how many movies there are where the woman tells her mates not to go after the guy because he's a fudge packer. Very good at packing fudge.

Just interested. Where did Morris go to school (not that it’s got any bearing on this ) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Homophobic? After saying how she was the best looking girl, amazing to talk to and great fun he basically in a crude way said she was off the market for his friends due to her sexuality…

How many movies or tv shows have we seen women disappointed to find out a male is gay due to wanting to date them?

I feel stupider for having to explain this, but...

What do you think is the more likely reaction from her? Will she be feeling flattered, or humiliated? Being mentioned here is akin to making some year 9's 'top 10 classmates for spank bank material' list.

This is an industry (like numerous others) where women have historically struggled to be taken seriously and many still do. And here we have this ******* co-worker of hers showing just how much respect he has for her by objectifying her and using what I think could be reasonably considered a homophobic slur to out her. And now it's public. Do that to a co-worker and let it get back to her/him and see how long you last. That's dangerous territory for anyone and when the person you're slurring also has a public profile and they'll also be dragged into the news reports by name you can multiply that by a hundred.

But beyond that, it's the perception. You know, "I/you would be in for sure if not for her sexual orientation". That old toxic masculinity. It's a cliche, but I'd have thought this sort of behaviour is pretty much the definition. With the players in question being 'Moz' and his entourage... it's hard not to laugh.

Tom's a 30 year old professional in the public eye. His comments would suggest he has alot of growing up to do. Mouthing off like this in private chats about co-workers is stuff you'd expect from a 21 year old kid that doesn't know any better.

The irony over him capitalising on leaks only to be destroyed by them combined with the media jumping over each other to decry bevo and that they don't hold back stories/leaks based on any biases then going radio silent when this leaked was something else though. What a day.

Tom can't kick a footy like the King did.
Tom hasn't physically assaulted and brutalised folks like Carey did - his wife, partner, randoms at the pub, the list goes on.
Carey's dad used to bring home drunks from the pub for a teenage Wayne to practice fighting.

Morris' words here are bad. But it'll be interesting to see Fox make a stand on Morris, but not on others

He will be driving an uber soon. In the current PC woke world we live in he is unemployable.

Hopefully more in the media get caught out, they make footy less fun with the way they hound players and officials.

As a famous man once said, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
I've heard this before. Was that Pagan, Mathews? .........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say that again?!

cover10.jpg

i reckon he could have survived the whatsapp video and been stood down for two weeks and forced to do some sort of inclusion program etc. However that audio message even though clearly drunk he has got the quaddie of offensiveness asian. black, women and gays , i don't think he can keep his job after that. Bacially said they all deserve abuse but becuase he is none of those he does not , think his goose is cooked .

I feel stupider for having to explain this, but...

What do you think is the more likely reaction from her? Will she be feeling flattered, or humiliated? Being mentioned here is akin to making some year 9's 'top 10 classmates for spank bank material' list.

This is an industry (like numerous others) where women have historically struggled to be taken seriously and many still do. And here we have this ******* co-worker of hers showing just how much respect he has for her by objectifying her and using what I think could be reasonably considered a homophobic slur to out her. And now it's public. Do that to a co-worker and let it get back to her/him and see how long you last. That's dangerous territory for anyone and when the person you're slurring also has a public profile and they'll also be dragged into the news reports by name you can multiply that by a hundred.

But beyond that, it's the perception. You know, "I/you would be in for sure if not for her sexual orientation". That old toxic masculinity. It's a cliche, but I'd have thought this sort of behaviour is pretty much the definition. With the players in question being 'Moz' and his entourage... it's hard not to laugh.
You're shifting the goal posts.

"What do you think is the more likely reaction from her? Will she be feeling flattered, or humiliated? Being mentioned here is akin to making some year 9's 'top 10 classmates for spank bank material' list."

How she feels about being 'outed' or talked about that way is a distinct issue from whether what he said is 'homophobic'.

" And here we have this ******* co-worker of hers showing just how much respect he has for her by objectifying her and using what I think could be reasonably considered a homophobic slur to out her. "

How is he objectifying her? Specifically? He said she is hot, good fun, but (in a crude way) lesbian. Where is the so-called 'objectification'? If you want to really split hairs, well I hate to break it to you, but we all objectify each other in life: 'smart', 'dumb', handsome, ugly, etc. How is that any different than a woman calling a man 'short', or 'poor' etc.? Ohh wait, a woman stating that merely has 'preferences'.

Where is the 'homophobia' (which is defined as a 'hatred' of homosexuals?). Please point to the part of the audio where he expressed his hatred for those homosexual? Are you suggesting his intent was to publicly out her? If so, where is your evidence? A phone call (admittedly a stupid voice message) between a friend's circle hardly qualifies. It was only made public because one of his circle passed it on (and from what has been stating, is probably no longer going to be a 'friend').

"But beyond that, it's the perception. You know, "I/you would be in for sure if not for her sexual orientation". That old toxic masculinity."

WTF. How is it toxic masculinity to not be into someone because they don't have corresponding sexual preferences? If anything, indirectly, that is respect for different sexual preferences. I question whether you have live around a broad variety of people to full understand the meaning of your words.

What is it with people just throwing labels at situations.

So much bitterness. Did naughty Wichmond win premiershipth you feel your club wath entitled to?
Poor diddums.

And no, most guys don't talk like Tom Morris did, ever. Much to the surprise of the couple of the knuckle dragging Murdoch drones on this thread.
Right, no man has ever talked like this, not even a sizeable minority.

Just like no woman has ever called a man a d@#$head, a w#$%ker, a bas@#$d or an a@#$hole.

Seriously, what world do you live in?

Robbo and Gerard to have him on AFL 360 on Monday for a serious chat about how Tom is feeling.

Truly amazing coincidences here. Bevo goes on an unhinged rant. Outrage in AFL land. Next day gives what appears a reluctant apology. Same day old unrelated evidence of Morris being a totally idiotic flog magically appear. No more mention of Bevo in media. All is well in AFL world.

Truly amazing coincidences here. Bevo goes on an unhinged rant. Outrage in AFL land. Next day gives what appears a reluctant apology. Same day old unrelated evidence of Morris being a totally idiotic flog magically appear. No more mention of Bevo in media. All is well in AFL world.

Right, no man has ever talked like this, not even a sizeable minority.

Just like no woman has ever called a man a d@#$head, a w#$%ker, a bas@#$d or an a@#$hole.

Seriously, what world do you live in?
You're a sensitive snowflake aren't you. Pretty ironic when your type are always telling others, especially women and people from minority groups to harden TFU.
Maybe a sizable minority of adolescents (the immature ones) and Murdoch drones do talk like that. Most men don't. Maybe time for you to man up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back