Memberships 2022 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 60,172)

Feb 21, 2004
AFL Club
St Kilda
Apparently we are almost 51,000. Hopefully we don’t lost momentum too much from last night. On the positive, I felt we dominated that crowd last night. It’s been a while since we had large numbers.

If we get belted by Freo watch us be totally outnumbered by Tigers fans at Maddies Match

I was so angry I shook my barcode vigorously at the players as they walked off

I showed them
"I had to take 3 PHDs to figure out how to get this barcode. How about you guys show some respect"

Current Membership Tally (21/03/2022):

This Time Last Year (18/03/2021):

Difference:
+2,891

All-Time Tally;

1. 55,832 (2021)
2. 50,891 (2022)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)

Projected Final Total:

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ultimately members are gonna want to see some success. This years numbers are built on the back of 2020 and some promise shown late last year.

We keep dishing up what we did on Friday these numbers will stagnate and start to fall into next season. Its a shame i think the off field part of the club seems to be working their asses off.

Nov 30, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wish we could make 60,000 that will be the day when we do. Be a good support for the club and mighty saints. But the biys need to play on a whole new le el than what they did on friday night

Ultimately members are gonna want to see some success. This years numbers are built on the back of 2020 and some promise shown late last year.

We keep dishing up what we did on Friday these numbers will stagnate and start to fall into next season. Its a shame i think the off field part of the club seems to be working their asses off.
People say this every year and almost always they are wrong. It makes theoretical sense - don't play well, lose members. But it's not the case at all.

People say this every year and almost always they are wrong. It makes theoretical sense - don't play well, lose members. But it's not the case at all.
To be fair the bar for a what a membership counts as is rather low. It's easy to retain 30,000 3 game members for instance. 100 bucks a year isn't much in the grand scheme of things until now.

With the cost of living suddenly skyrocketing people might not be inclined to throw wads of cash at a poorly performing team. I can't see us getting to 60k members. If we win a few games well sure we can but not with what I saw round 1.

To be fair the bar for a what a membership counts as is rather low. It's easy to retain 30,000 3 game members for instance. 100 bucks a year isn't much in the grand scheme of things until now.

With the cost of living suddenly skyrocketing people might not be inclined to throw wads of cash at a poorly performing team. I can't see us getting to 60k members. If we win a few games well sure we can but not with what I saw round 1.
It is what it is though isn't it? Parameters have been set by the AFL and they've been that way for a long time.

It is. But I'd rather 30,000 people paying for an 11 game membership over a 3 game one.
I don't think anybody here knows the breakdown though?

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh that’s fair. Probably more meant growth stagnates.

I think getting really good growth is dependent on marketing and on field success and credit to the membership team they’ve excelled.

I go to matches, it's attendance that goes missing when we are s**t. The canned cheering and chants era was possibly one of the saddest and lowest ebbs in our history, the cheers squad had about 10 people at times and Gold Coast and GWS had bigger contingents. Waverley and Moorabin filled up even in the darkest of days.

I go to matches, it's attendance that goes missing when we are sh*t. The canned cheering and chants era was possibly one of the saddest and lowest ebbs in our history, the cheers squad had about 10 people at times and Gold Coast and GWS had bigger contingents. Waverley and Moorabin filled up even in the darkest of days.
There's some things that go against us too, like our fixture. Nobody I know wants to go to Sunday 4.40 games. We know we can draw big crowds and that's all I care about. We win and they will come. Like every other club.

ive noticed things change over here with the WA support which is for the better.

there's LOTS and i do mean LOTS of kids coming through. plenty of teenagers.

i was surprised how many saints fans were at the freo game.

things are changing

Back