Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Worpel is regressing as a player, his role just hasn't been as high as it was in 2019. I'd hope that he does get a bigger role and can prove himself again, because there's so many parts of his game that has improved.
Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Let's talk about Thomas, I was a big fan of his and one of the first people to be arguing his case as a Half Forward in the AA thread last year

But boy oh boy has a select few north fans taken it to a new level over the offseason.

He was poor on the weekend for even the expectations I have of him, surly that's concerning....

Let's talk about Thomas, I was a big fan of his and one of the first people to be arguing his case as a Half Forward in the AA thread last year

But boy oh boy has a select few north fans taken it to a new level over the offseason.

He was poor on the weekend for even the expectations I have of him, surly that's concerning....

Thomas has started slowly every year in the AFL. He'll get better which isn't totally unexpected for a 22 year old

Thomas has started slowly every year in the AFL. He'll get better which isn't totally unexpected for a 22 year old
Good call, I'm glad you pointed it out. I do wonder why the same isn't said of others though. Worpel for example has always had much stronger 2nd half of the year.

Another point I've read was Moore "was solid, not great" but imagine what would have been said if Thomas played with the same impact Moore had on the weekend.

I'm not concerned with what's been said regarding quite a few young hawks but the same level of criticism should be directed to many golden children who went missing on the weekend.

Yeah nah

Good call, I'm glad you pointed it out. I do wonder why the same isn't said of others though. Worpel for example has always had much stronger 2nd half of the year.

Another point I've read was Moore "was solid, not great" but imagine what would have been said if Thomas played with the same impact Moore had on the weekend.

I'm not concerned with what's been said regarding quite a few young hawks but the same level of criticism should be directed to many golden children who went missing on the weekend.

It's called cognitive dissonance.

One game is not concerning no. He had a shocker though.

Funny how every hawthorn player is being rated as though they aren’t going to improve at all but somehow all these north players are going to hit their ceilings and be future superstars. You may not like to hear it but worpel has outperformed every one of north’s young mids to date apart from Simpkin. Also Newcombe despite a slow first half was the third highest rated player on the ground, in his 6th~ game. If anything he has more improvement in him than any of the other kids who’ve all been through elite programs. North’s supporters seem to have developed the Carlton mentality that unless you’re a high draft pick you’re s**t, but in reality there’s so many more factors that come into play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how every hawthorn player is being rated as though they aren’t going to improve at all but somehow all these north players are going to hit their ceilings and be future superstars. You may not like to hear it but worpel has outperformed every one of north’s young mids to date apart from Simpkin. Also Newcombe despite a slow first half was the third highest rated player on the ground, in his 6th~ game. If anything he has more improvement in him than any of the other kids who’ve all been through elite programs. North’s supporters seem to have developed the Carlton mentality that unless you’re a high draft pick you’re sh*t, but in reality there’s so many more factors that come into play.
If they aren’t careful, they may well be the next Carlton.
I don’t think I’ve seen a more underwhelming game from a group of young players who are expected to take this club forward. Not 1 kid you could say showed anything. Except JHF of course.

Interesting comparison.

Hoping Luke Pedlar and Brayden Cook gets games this year too.

There is a rumour going round the traps that Cook had a rough time with Covid. That said, I imagine he isn't far away from our best 22 seeing he was our go-to emergency on the weekend though.

The game for Pedlar is likely all about staying healthy at this point, and he'll force his way in. He had a day out in the trial match against Norwood on the weekend to start the season.

So Thilthorpe becomes the most dominant player to ever exist and Rachele is a selfish prick but has the mentality of jesus and is freak athletically with the skillset some dream of having in 2K?

Yeah, that's about the gist of it.

Including the whole stretch about those two feuding, and us winning three championships before losing Thilthorpe to free agency.

If they aren’t careful, they may well be the next Carlton.
I don’t think I’ve seen a more underwhelming game from a group of young players who are expected to take this club forward. Not 1 kid you could say showed anything. Except JHF of course.

cmon Vinnie.Its one game in ! Lost our best key back early,which got exploited, We also went in too tall and got the run around in the 2nd half.

Its a long season, far too early for the Carlton calls

cmon Vinnie.Its one game in ! Lost our best key back early,which got exploited, We also went in too tall and got the run around in the 2nd half.

Its a long season, far too early for the Carlton calls
Very true

Both blokes are in? Of true thats good.

Got a keen interest of Brayden Cook being a South Adelaide boy
Yeah, Cook oozes class & should be best 22 imo. Think he missed last week as was coming back from covid... but had a good hitout in the sanfl last week.

Ps. Good signs from your team last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back